Same here can not connect to server.....
    . I got the same thing it must be a 8330 thing?
    07-31-09 07:40 PM
    What a joke. RIM updates an application, and it comes out in the wrong language and won't work on what is (numerically) the most popular device they sell- the Curve. I would never switch to an iphone or pre because of my usage being primarily business driven, but I can certainly see after this why a more consumer-oriented user would not be at all impressed by a BB.
    07-31-09 07:46 PM
    Tried to DL and install twice, making sure I select "English" and I am still getting the "Spanish" version. Something really buggy about their server or just the large amount of traffic as this app is getting mentioned to viral BB users.

Still getting Spanish version after 3rd try, argh
    Last edited by Eltaco71; 07-31-09 at 08:15 PM. Reason: PS
    07-31-09 07:52 PM
    Ok so I downloaded it and now I went from 42 mb free memory to around 53 mb free. So essentially I got about 7 mb more... But when I run the app it reinstalls and I have to rearchive it and every time I do that the phone resets!!

WTF... is this suposed to be a step forward? If you want to store apps, you have to archive them, then reset, then if you want to run them, you have to reinstall them (takes some time), and then if you want to archive again, you have to reboot again...

RIM should remove their archaic security measures for apps... Iphone is killing them with 100 mb apps that are much better than this.
    07-31-09 08:14 PM
    like the it says the new appworld doesn't work with my bold.. I have OS 5.0.0.130... what seems to be the problem... help!!
    07-31-09 08:19 PM
    Dl it two times and get the spanish eula and wont connect to app world......
    07-31-09 08:23 PM
    . I got the same thing it must be a 8330 thing?
    Don't think so, it won't work on my 8830 either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 08:27 PM
    OK, getting sick of this.

Why the Spanish version when I have tried 4 times now for the correct version.
    07-31-09 08:28 PM
    I have the unable to connect message on my pearl. What's the use of a program that doesn't work?
    07-31-09 08:38 PM
    I'll add another one to the list of 8330's with the whole "Blackberry App World is unable to connect to the Blackberry App World server. Check your connections" or whatever it said.

SMH

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 08:46 PM
    my sprint 8330 is having all of the same problems that everyone else is having.

EPIC APP FAIL!
    07-31-09 09:14 PM
    So. Was excited by the faster load times but:

1) Went to archive Oregon Trail. Saw I could upgrade, figured I'd do that before archiving.
    2) Oregon Trail apparently no longer works for my device?
    3) Logged into PayPal.
    4) Tried again, now it's stuck "ready to download" with an obnoxious message icon up top that I can't get rid of. Awful!

Really poor integration of everything RIM. This update is...okay..

WHY can't compatibility be expressed properly? Why are there so many apps with reviews that "don't work on the Storm". Why must PayPal and MyWorld be such an issue.

SLACKER RADIO does not show up on MyWorld, nor do most other apps I have. But QuickPull and others I downloaded OTA elsewhere show up in MyWorld?

And what is the basis of a "Top App" anyway? You can't tell me that WHERE has outdownloaded Facebook. Why do they change so often? Is it based on # of downloads overall, in the last week, wtf???
    07-31-09 09:26 PM
    iPhone security is also easier to hack than BB security. I am running OS 4.6 on my Bold and have had no issues with BB App World 1.1.
    07-31-09 09:34 PM
    Does anyone have an older version of App world that us Curve people could download? Dang it that Spanish EULA is long as heck! might as well get apps from Crackberry.
    07-31-09 09:53 PM
    My boyfriend and I both have 8330's with Bell Canada. Mine is at home; his is here at work with us. We installed and am having the same issues as other 8330 users - download in English and get Spanish TOS and the same error message about being unable to connect to servers.
    Two of my bosses also have Curves but with Rogers...will get them to try to download and install as well.
    Super aggravating and very disappointing.
    07-31-09 10:03 PM
    Same resullt on my Verizon 8830 WE. Spanish EULA and unable to connect. I uninstalled it.
    07-31-09 10:22 PM
    Ok, I just downloaded it. I absolutely love. But, when I went to
    Archive my older apps, they weren't in the "my world" section
    It just said the I hadn't ever downloaded any apps. Can anyone
    Help me please?
    07-31-09 11:06 PM
    this blows
    07-31-09 11:10 PM
    Ok, I just downloaded it. I absolutely love. But, when I went to
    Archive my older apps, they weren't in the "my world" section
    It just said the I hadn't ever downloaded any apps. Can anyone
    Help me please?

Same thing here.
    Yepsame here why do some apps not show in the my world section?
    08-01-09 12:05 AM
    This is crap. You don't do this to the people who propelled you to the top of the smartphone list in 1Q 2009 (and yes, I would venture to say a large majority of that number are VZW Curve 8330 phones).
    08-01-09 12:06 AM
    Any way for those without BIS (but with Sprint data) to use this? I can't get it to work, the app is on my phone but it says: "Upgrade your service to include browsing and discover a world of possibilities at Blackberry App World"
    08-01-09 12:49 AM
    This is crap. You don't do this to the people who propelled you to the top of the smartphone list in 1Q 2009 (and yes, I would venture to say a large majority of that number are VZW Curve 8330 phones).
    As much as I agree with you... You are not the people who make Blackberry unfortunately... They get the most profits and money from carriers from the individuals who upgrade to the newest phones when they come out.

All those Curve 8330 people nowadays are people who most likely got the curve for free with family plans or contracts. You only add to RIM Marketshare. But the true people they go after are the business types who upgrade to the newest devices right away or the people who buy new Tours at like $200 and sign into a contract... They get more money from Sprint, Verizon in sponsorship money if people buy their new phones at 200-300 bucks and sign a contract.

Look at Motorola, the company is failing hard even though it's RAZR phones were the best selling phones for over 3 years. But theyhardly made any money from it.

I know it sounds bad and I may be crazy, but this would be like saying that Microsoft will give priority to those who still own XP or Vista over it's new Windows 7 users.

This is a cut-throat industry and the newer devices always get the limelight. While I'm sure RIM still values its curve 8300 or 8800 user, they're focusing more on the Tour, Bold, Curve 8900 and Storm users.

And I'm a former 8800 user... and I know that the second the Onyx or Magnum get released, us Bold users will start feeling shafted.
    08-01-09 12:54 AM
    it is giving me the server issue on my 8130 currently. tried the connections fix listed in the 8330 forum but same thing. going to uninstall and see if a reinstall will help
    08-01-09 01:18 AM
    I like this... Damn I really like this. This app is no longer a memory hog and is super responsive on my Storm. Pictures load up soo fast and scrolling is no longer a chore. More catagories, top paid, top free and no more eating memory. Good job RIM!

Now just let us browse the store on a pc...
    08-01-09 01:39 AM
    I have an app I rarely use.
    I archive it to free up mem.
    I now have an icon with a green arrow on my home screen.
    I want to use my app again.
    I click the icon with the arrow.
    It asks me if I want to reinstall the app, so I do.

OK so far so good......but then
    I want to re-archive my app.
    I go to appworld.
    It says my app is still archived? There is no archive option.
    So I have to reinstall again.
    Its says this app is already installed.
    So I do it anyway then I can re-archive.

Why is this so complicated? Why can't I reinstall and re-archive without going into appworld? Why give me the option to reinstall without going to appworld if appworld can't tell its been reinstalled?
    Your post is written like William Shatner speaks. Nice (It's 3am, just smile & nod).

I'm still getting the connection error thing. Sigh

Also, I was thinking that my EULA could very well have been in Spanish and I didn't notice because I was too busy ignoring it and scrolling for an hour to get to the end. Hmm.
    Last edited by xfuchsiax; 08-01-09 at 01:58 AM.
    08-01-09 01:54 AM
242 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD