I know I was hoping the same thing I can't even figure out how to archive to the sd it just keeps archiving to device memory... I also wish they would have thrown in a What's Hot" or "What's New" Section.
    you have to open APPWorld hit the blackberry button to archive it for load to phone mem
    07-31-09 12:12 PM
    Anyone know if you could 1) archive themes and 2) archive apps that were not downloaded through app world?
    07-31-09 12:18 PM
    you have to open APPWorld hit the blackberry button to archive it for load to phone mem
    Like I said I did that and like u just said it goes to phone memory. I want to archive to MicroSD memory card not my phone memory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 12:23 PM
    I can't get V1.1 to install on my Bold which has OS V5.0.0.130 installed. The error states that my BB does not meet the system requirements.
    07-31-09 12:27 PM
    Archiving is pointless. Yeah, you can move it over to the card, but it requires you to do a REBOOT in order for it to move it from the phone to the card. So those hoping to unarchive an app, use it, then re-archive it after are in for bad news.
    07-31-09 12:33 PM
    I also like the memory bar but I don't get how I only have 22 free mb when I only have about eight applications installed. What takes up the rest of that 128 mb of free space?
    If I was you I would run "Shrink-A-OS". I did and I went from having around 25MB to now having 39MB free. I got rid of all other languages besides English, the East Asian fonts (did this from app loader) and apps I will not use.
    07-31-09 12:35 PM
    This looks interesting though.
    It's not what you think. You can't run them from the memory card. You can download a bazzillion apps and "archive" them to the memory card, but when it comes time for you to want to run them, you'll need to install them to the main app memory to run them.

So yeah, lame... Areise(sp) Memory Manager or whatever it was called did this like 2 years ago. RIM can't even be original with this. Heck, they can't even be CLEAR about what that capability is, since it confused a lot of people based on the cryptic text you quoted.
    07-31-09 12:49 PM
    cool beans. we'll see if this is really better than the SLOW App World that I'm used to.
    07-31-09 12:49 PM
    I have noticed several things. Is anyone else seeing these?

• First Blackberry App World, is an app in app world now, but I can't install it (running the new 1.1.011). It does say it is installed, but it is not in my applications list.
    • Pandora and the speedtest app are not listed in my applications list or in any searches. This may be because I have newer versions of them install than what is available in app world. Not sure.
    • Paypal login is still broken for passwords with special characters (total BS, this is probably very easy to fix)
    • After archiving trapster, initially there was a trapster icon with an arrow over it, now it is an app world icon.

See my findings thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=3220933
    Last edited by codemaker; 07-31-09 at 01:31 PM.
    07-31-09 12:52 PM
    Despite some slightly misleading new "features," new app world is still a great update. I like the update popup (but it still only does so for apps you downloaded through app world, which is a let down). I also like the change to top 25 free and paid downloads. My world does have a little memory indicator at the top for how much free memory you have left. Overall, a decent upgrade, but nothing revolutionary (just starting to catch up to crackberry's app store -- barely)...
    07-31-09 12:54 PM
    I archived Poynt and now its frozen in MyWorld. Any way to unarchive it?
    07-31-09 12:56 PM
    I archived Poynt and now its frozen in MyWorld. Any way to unarchive it?
    There should be a "restore" option. Or you can click on the poynt icon.
    07-31-09 01:01 PM
    Despite some slightly misleading new "features," new app world is still a great update. I like the update popup (but it still only does so for apps you downloaded through app world, which is a let down). I also like the change to top 25 free and paid downloads. My world does have a little memory indicator at the top for how much free memory you have left. Overall, a decent upgrade, but nothing revolutionary (just starting to catch up to crackberry's app store -- barely)...
    And that's the amuzing part. A multi-million dollar corporation with thousands of employees can't do what a few can in the private sector.

RIM's slowly slipping...
    07-31-09 01:01 PM
    Just upgraded to 1.1, now when I open App World, all it says is "Loading..." and eventually times out.. yay.

"Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World. ......something something(cant read cause lines in the way) network connections and try again."
    Ditto For me.
    07-31-09 01:02 PM
    I can't get V1.1 to install on my Bold which has OS V5.0.0.130 installed. The error states that my BB does not meet the system requirements.
    This is a known issue with .130
    07-31-09 01:02 PM
    So which do you all like better....Crackberry App Store or BlackBerry App World?
    07-31-09 01:03 PM
    Nevermind. I had to delete it, clear it off the SD Card and then do a few battery pulls. Finally its gone and I redownloaded. No more archiving for me.
    07-31-09 01:03 PM
    sheesh..scrolled through the LONGEST EULA EVAR!!!!!!!
    Truth.

Did anyone else download the english version and get the eula in spanish?
    07-31-09 01:04 PM
    Anyone other than me getting an error that says "AppWorld could not connect to server. Please verify your connection settings."?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same here can not connect to server.....
    07-31-09 01:04 PM
    Could they make the EULA longer to scroll??
    Please!!
    My thumbs are hurting!!!
    07-31-09 01:07 PM
    nice .... thanks for the info
    07-31-09 01:07 PM
    uh whats that sd card part mean??
    07-31-09 01:14 PM
    Could they make the EULA longer to scroll??
    Please!!
    My thumbs are hurting!!!
    Hold down the space bar.
    07-31-09 01:15 PM
    this link does not work!

any ota links for 5.0 OS users anywhere??

RIM obviously doesnt want it to work for 5.0 yet!
    07-31-09 01:25 PM
    i've dl'd it and i really like the improvements, but storing stuff on the sd card without being able to run the apps from it seems rather useless
    07-31-09 01:29 PM
242 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD