now if i can only figure out how to get blackberry unite to work.................
    04-03-09 01:42 PM
    Bah! App World works, but now I'm having trouble with Google Maps. I click to launch it, see the launch screen for about one second, and then it returns to the home screen without launching Google Maps.

I'm not sure if it's related to app world or deleting the Desktop service book, but it's bad.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Google Maps, and that didn't work. I also tried uninstalling app world, and Google Maps still doesn't work...
    04-03-09 07:25 PM
    All this app talk made me nostalgic for Vista's sidebar Gadgets. Problem is when I went to browse the new ones there's 100 more pages than the last time I looked! How many google search gadgets does the world need? Seriously.
    04-03-09 07:48 PM
    Seriously though, anyone have any good ideas about non functioning google maps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 08:44 AM
    make sure the permissions for google maps are still set to allow. I know you have gone though removing adding the apps. Try sending the serivce books again and see if this helps. There maybe a conflict between these two apps.
    04-04-09 08:46 AM
    make sure the permissions for google maps are still set to allow. I know you have gone though removing adding the apps. Try sending the serivce books again and see if this helps. There maybe a conflict between these two apps.
    Bummer! Now a number of my apps are not connecting to the network (at least, I think that's the problem), including Google Maps and Slacker. I've tried a couple of things, including
    --checking the application permission (they are OK)
    --resending service books via "advanced options->host routing table" as well as though this site: sprint.blackberry.com.
    --Got into BlackBerry Desktop Manager and selected the "advanced mode" of the backup, and on the right hand side I scrolled to policy and selected clear "policy"
    --And I also got into "advanced options->service book" and selected the "undelete" option, which appears to have reinstalled the Desktop IPPP service book (the absence of which may be the cause of the problem).

I did a battery pull after all this, and still Google Maps, Slacker and others are not functioning (Google Maps loads for a second and then disappears, and other apps like Slacker are warning that they can't connect to the network due to device policies). Sigh. I'm reluctant to follow the "remove IT policy" instructions you posted, just because they sound complicated, but perhaps that's my only option now?

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help!
    mike.
    04-04-09 10:10 AM
    Sounds like the desktop IPPP is the problem. it is a service you cannot live without, but is causing other problems. Good luck! You might want to have your carrier get you touch with RIM tech support to see if they have a work around.
    04-04-09 10:18 AM
    i got it to work on my phone, but cant you also view it on your computer, it wont recognize my usb port says no device connected. and yes my usb is working on everything else!
    04-04-09 11:08 AM
    Success!

I backed up my phone about a week ago, and I simply restored the settings from last week. Google Maps and other third-party applications work now. App World is not worth losing access to Google Maps (but I've read in another forum that a new version of App World takes care of these strange connection issues, without deleting the Desktop service book).

I think the lesson here is to not get into the settings unless there's a critical reason to do so.
    04-04-09 11:11 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD