So , i have now tried to access the new blackberry apps site and much to my dismay all my phone does is give a cannot transmit with unite browser, or timed out 13000 error message with internet browser selected. Does anyone have any solutions. Please help ....i have curve 8330 sprint
    04-02-09 08:00 PM
    Does thi happen with all sites or just this one? When it times out are you using the native browser?
    04-02-09 08:31 PM
    yeah im usin the native default browser. but i have also switched and tried with the unite browser also. Both seem to have issues. I can download from crackberry or anywhere else but not the app site , wont even connect just says loading then never does.
    04-02-09 08:33 PM
    Did you D/L the app store application? This would a BB icon (black circle with dots on you device). If not I believe you need to.

If you have, go into option>advanced options>applications. Highlight the app and then hit menu and select edit permissions. Make sure they are all set to allow.
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-02-09 at 08:55 PM.
    04-02-09 08:51 PM
    yes downloaded and used that icon to try and connect but nothing. still either timing out or just says couldnt transmit , even tried to do battery reset and nothing.... i cant imagine its this difficult
    04-02-09 08:54 PM
    I edited my last response sorry take a peek and try the edit
    04-02-09 08:56 PM
    should i reset the device or just go to it and try it again
    04-02-09 08:59 PM
    now says tunnel failed
    04-02-09 09:07 PM
    now all browsers and internet dead...help!!!!
    04-02-09 09:21 PM
    Yes try a battery reset again. May want to resend. Your service books. Options advanced options, host routing table, menu, register now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 09:28 PM
    done, still nothing... i think i am screwed
    04-02-09 09:33 PM
    Remove the app and re-install it. Is all data still not working now?
    04-02-09 10:28 PM
    Ok, i have now reinstalled the app , my regular internet is working fine as well as the normal data functions again. However, the blackberry app is still begining then saying "failed to transmit" yet i have great signal and 1XEV showing on phone. I have restarted, pulled battery and now turned on the allow in the settings advanced options. I have also resent my service books, and i still get nada!!
    04-03-09 07:32 AM
    Intereseting - WHat OS are you running on the device? options>about third line down. Post that here.

Short of that, I am not sure what is causing this now. Working fine on mine. Glad to hear the other data functions have returned.

Also inthe defualt browser, in options what is you browser emulation set to?

This might be conflicting with app on you device as well.
    04-03-09 07:58 AM
    OS 4.5.0.131 and as far as the emulator i cant seem to find it how do you view it or is it just what browser your using? If thats the case then it says" internet browser".
    04-03-09 08:15 AM
    I have a storm and get a message that there is a network failure - what gives with this?
    04-03-09 08:21 AM
    yeah thats kinda what i started with it would say "local connection has timed out after 130000"
    04-03-09 08:27 AM
    At this point I am at a loss, you may want to check with your respective carriers. For this RIM application, they will get you to RIM. I just logged of from getting in there again, so it appears to be working.

One last thing, you might want to see if there are device firewall setting that might be getting in the way
    04-03-09 08:30 AM
    OK , thanks for the help i will contact sprint and see what they have to say !!! I will post up if its anything different.
    04-03-09 08:33 AM
    Delete the Desktop [IPPP] service book. it should work fine after that.
    04-03-09 08:35 AM
    I deleted the unite IPPP as it was the desktop browser and low and behold we have achieved success!!!! THANK YOU !!!!
    04-03-09 08:46 AM
    I'm having the exact same problems described above. I'm also on sprint with the 4.5 os on a pearl. I'm worried it may have something to do with the fact that I recently moved from a bes environment to a bis one, but many of my settings seem to still refer back to my old corporate email.

So what exactly does it mean to delete the Desktop [IPPP] service book?

Thanks!

04-03-09 08:46 AM
    Good call Dwhite - I see this worked. Appears to be a conflict with something on the device.
    04-03-09 08:50 AM
    I'm having the exact same problems described above. I'm also on sprint with the 4.5 os on a pearl. I'm worried it may have something to do with the fact that I recently moved from a bes environment to a bis one, but many of my settings seem to still refer back to my old corporate email.

So what exactly does it mean to delete the Desktop [IPPP] service book?

Thanks!

Mikedano,

Make sure that your it dept has released you device from the BES server properly. Also see link below for a forum called how to remove an IT policy, this will remove any remaining BES policies. Also make sure that BB desktop manager has been installed for personal email, if you are not sure remove it and reinstall with this option.

Remove IT Policy
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-03-09 at 08:57 AM.
    04-03-09 08:52 AM
    Wow, thanks so much for the info. And yes, the trick with the Desktop [IPPP] service book worked! I'm browsing the app world now!

04-03-09 09:11 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD