Good evening y'all,

I've been doing a lot of researching (and agonizing) about how the JVM manages memory, especially with respect to the BlackBerry OS. I have setup the on board memory cleaner to run when my Bold is idle. However, throughout the day the app memory steadily decreases from around 37MB to 20MB. I have installed QuickPull Lite and it runs every morning @ 5:30 AM.

I am not experiencing any performance issues. Also, I know to close all applications out when I am done with them. I don't have a lot of apps on my BlackBerry beyond what comes installed. Is 37MB a bad "peak." How much space does the OS itself consume?

Thanks!
    10-12-09 07:07 PM
    I would say 20mb is not bad, as long as it doesnt get much below that. Mine is currently at 25mb after a few days of uptime.
    10-12-09 07:09 PM
    It seems like mine inevitably falls to around 20 MB by the end of the day. Since it's restarting every AM, I guess it's no big deal.

The only apps I really use are BBM 5.0, Email, SMS/MMS, FaceBook, UberTwitter, Viigo. The last three are always closed out 100% when I'm done checking things out.
    10-12-09 07:12 PM
    Mine does about the same, I'm running os 5.0.238 and I love it but wish i could get quickpull to work back on os 5.0. Miss not being able to use it mine bottomed out on me today and I just did a reset and away I went. I kind of wish we didn't have to do these reset though...
    10-13-09 01:19 AM
    It seems like mine inevitably falls to around 20 MB by the end of the day. Since it's restarting every AM, I guess it's no big deal.

The only apps I really use are BBM 5.0, Email, SMS/MMS, FaceBook, UberTwitter, Viigo. The last three are always closed out 100% when I'm done checking things out.
    Check the settings of Viigo. Is it set to "update automatically" and "move to background on close"? If yes, thats the reason for your memory leak. Set those options to NO/OFF and see whether it makes any difference...
    10-13-09 07:11 AM
    Lol I'm on 5.0 as well and my app memory is @11mb still no problems or slow downs, I'm curious to know y people use quick pull when alt/shift/ del work just as well. It even works during a freeze up or hour glass icon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 08:41 AM
    Which OS are you running? 37MB isn't bad at all, I have OS .282 and I get 55MBs after a battery pull with about 11 apps installed
    10-13-09 08:45 AM
    Yeah I've always though QuickPull was a waste of mem space also, just do Alt+Shift+Del for the same result and you're not using any app memory to store another program!

I'm on .301 and after a Battery Pull I get circa 42MB but within 2hrs I'm down to 33-35MB!

I used to get 48MB after a battery pull but now I only get 42MB and I've not installed ANYTHING since! turned out to be googlemaps caching map data, if you delete and reinstall google maps then do a battery pull you will reclaim about 4-5MBs!
    10-13-09 08:53 AM
    Jauncy - 55MB!! 11 Apps! Jesus have you deleted everything else then!? that's alot of memory on a bold with 11 apps installed, most I've EVER had was 50MB with nothing installed!
    10-13-09 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD