hey i have a curve and when i connect it to the blackberry desktop manager, it asks me for my device pin? now i tried using the pin that i use to unlock my device but apparently its not the same one? i could use a little hand if anyone knows how i can find this password? thanks.
    09-21-08 01:35 PM
    it should be your security code
    09-21-08 01:39 PM
    you mean the code i use when i hit the lock icon from the main screen? yeah that doesnt work i tried already. i dont get it? i want to upload apps but i can because this stupid code is killin me lol
    09-21-08 01:44 PM
    try turning off your password first. from the device
    09-21-08 01:52 PM
    I want to warn everyone what happened to me when I installed an app and it asked for a "device passcode." It gave me 10 chances and then WIPED EVERYTHING.

I still have no idea what the heck a device passcode is.

It is is NOT the pin, is it? It did not ask for the device pin like it did for Djskitz929. It asked for device PASSWORD or PASSCODE (can't remember, it was late). I still have no idea what this was but I do not remember setting a "device passcode." The unlock password, the keycode store, my email password, none of these were correct, so I lost everything. And no nothing was backed up because I dont' use outlook! Had to start over and a long call to Verizon. So beware!

Djskitz929: you don't want the password you use to lock your BB. You want the unique identifying number the BB uses to differentiate itself from every other BB out there, which is called a PIN. You can find it out what it is by going to Options > Status, which should display a few lines, one of which is your PIN. It is a 6 or 7 digit code in hexadecimal (numbers plus the letters A-F, base 16 counting system)
    09-21-08 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD