i got the 9900 on saturday and was really looking forward to it, yet i go on app store and loads of apps are unavailable to my device. it really annoys me as some of them are basic such as soundboards and other funny stuff and other things like bbc iplayer. i also cant get my banking on it, i thought this was the best blackberry on the market? i rang up blackberry and they said i needed to pay $49 for technical help, so i came on here. Have i wasted my time?
    09-13-11 02:31 PM
    Whats the point of talking to RIM directly... Those apps are maintained by 3rd party developers and they have to release updated versions for new devices. It has nothing to do with RIM.
    qprtom likes this.
    09-13-11 02:34 PM
    do they usually take long to update? im pretty new to blackberry.
    09-13-11 02:39 PM
    Being that this is the first major release for BlackBerry OS7, some developers are merely just starting to update their software. Sorry to say, you'd have to wait a moment...

Even Dropbox have JUST [well, about a week and a half ago] released their software, albeit it is NOT in the App World yet. Don't worry, they'll all update to OS7, eventually.

LOL - the joys of being the first to have a particular device\OS
    qprtom likes this.
    09-13-11 02:55 PM
    Being that this is the first major release for BlackBerry OS7, some developers are merely just starting to update their software. Sorry to say, you'd have to wait a moment...

Even Dropbox have JUST [well, about a week and a half ago] released their software, albeit it is NOT in the App World yet. Don't worry, they'll all update to OS7, eventually.

LOL - the joys of being the first to have a particular device\OS
    Dropbox was just revamped for OS 7 and submitted to app world awaiting approval, should be anytime now.
    09-13-11 05:10 PM
    i got the 9900 on saturday and was really looking forward to it, yet i go on app store and loads of apps are unavailable to my device. it really annoys me as some of them are basic such as soundboards and other funny stuff and other things like bbc iplayer. i also cant get my banking on it, i thought this was the best blackberry on the market? i rang up blackberry and they said i needed to pay $49 for technical help, so i came on here. Have i wasted my time?
    NO you did not waste your time nor did anyone else that bought the 9900/9930 like I did. We all knew going in that most of our current apps were not going to be OS 7 compatible right away.

I made a list of my 3rd party apps and looked them up, if they were made compatible they are now on my device and when the ones that are made OS 7 compatible I will install them.

It is not a big deal and you should have known this going in, hang in there andenjoy the new device you have at least learning it which when you add the OS 7 compatible apps you will know how to use them and the UI on all of them will most likely look better also just like the newly added app world 3.0.
    09-13-11 05:14 PM
    Download BBSAK - you'll find it via Google - and use it to back up the apps on your old BB device. Then use BBSAK to add the cod files for the apps you really want to have onto your new device. Even though they aren't technically designed for the 9900, at least 70% of them will work fine. You can just delete the ones that don't easily from your 9900. When the formal updates for OS7 come along, just download them from App World and the old versions will automatically be removed. Meanwhile you'll be able to use most of the apps that you want and which are supposedly not available for your new device.
    09-13-11 05:47 PM
    I just hope when QNX drops that the developers don't forget about the other operating systems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 06:01 PM
    BBC iPlayer is now working on the Blackberry Bold 9900, just tried it by going to bbc.co.uk/iplayer in the browser, may only be UK only, but can watch over wifi
    10-08-11 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD