I have a 9700 but i know that the issue is not related to this model only.

I am using google apps for my emails.

When I configure the mx records for my domain to point to Google Apps everything works ok and I am able to add my account from my blackberry without any issues.

The problem starts when I change the MX records to point only to postini servers (Spam Filter).

It seems that the blackberry search the mx records to be able to configure the account but does not know how to setup it up.

I read some forums on the internet about it, but the only solution that the give is to set the mx back to google and then configure the account on the blackberry. After that you will have to change the mx records back to postini to be able to use postini.

I cannot do this every time that I have a new user with a blackberry device.

Any help will be great.

Thanks
    11-30-10 12:46 PM
    I have a 9700 but i know that the issue is not related to this model only.

I am using google apps for my emails.

When I configure the mx records for my domain to point to Google Apps everything works ok and I am able to add my account from my blackberry without any issues.

The problem starts when I change the MX records to point only to postini servers (Spam Filter).

It seems that the blackberry search the mx records to be able to configure the account but does not know how to setup it up.

I read some forums on the internet about it, but the only solution that the give is to set the mx back to google and then configure the account on the blackberry. After that you will have to change the mx records back to postini to be able to use postini.

I cannot do this every time that I have a new user with a blackberry device.

Any help will be great.

Thanks
    After quite a bit of looking, I didn't come up with much, a lot of the information I found was divided between this being possible and it not being possible, without using the workaround you discussed in your post.

If your able to access the account setup area where you can manually configure your settings, I found these settings in a Google Apps discussion which seem to be the only (even partially successful) route anyone has found.

VERY IMPORTANT:
    Email Server imap.gmail.com Username [email protected] (Must remember to key in full domain name)
    Password Your google apps password
    Imap port

Step 3 - Add a new account BUT don't put the passwords for you gmail account in the utility boxes or it will default to POP3 and you will have to start again. Then just click next and

Step 3b - Additional Information Required -> Click next

Step 3c - Click Personal Account (if configuring for Gmail) then click next.

Step 3d - We were Unable to configure error.. Click I will provide the setting

Step 3E - Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP) Click I will provide the settings then next.

Step 3F - Set Up Exisiting email account - Enter your Gmail information here - along with imap.gmail.com as your email server. RIM (someone was thinking ) will recognize it is a gmail account and autoconfigure your IMAP ports to 993 for you after you click next and save!.
    11-30-10 03:22 PM
    The problem is if you do that only the email will get sync. It won't show the option for contacts and calendar.

Thank you for taking your time.
    11-30-10 04:20 PM
    Never rush into things as errors occur (either user or software) and then panic may arise. I do admit the first time I did an OS reload, I rushed things and screwed them up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD