Sup guys, just got a brand new blackberry curve 8350i last night and using it on the boost mobile unlimited plan.

I was just wondering how do I put apps on it? I can't seem to find a video or tut that actually says so. Maybe you got a link?

Thanks!
    08-12-09 12:39 PM
    Sup guys, just got a brand new blackberry curve 8350i last night and using it on the boost mobile unlimited plan.

I was just wondering how do I put apps on it? I can't seem to find a video or tut that actually says so. Maybe you got a link?

Thanks!
    Use the Blackberry Desktop Manager. Also a lot of apps can be installed over-the-air through a text to your phone. Look at you user guide or visit the the Crackberry App Store.
    08-12-09 01:15 PM
    I don't want to pay for anything tho. Im sure my questions have been answered many times in other past topics. Where do I find the blackberry desktop manager?

Thanks for your reply.
    08-12-09 01:18 PM
    I don't want to pay for anything tho. Im sure my questions have been answered many times in other past topics. Where do I find the blackberry desktop manager?

Thanks for your reply.
    There are a lot of free apps in the store. There is even a free app thread on this forum, search for it. You can probably find BB Desktop Manager there, or go to Blackberry.com and download it.
    08-12-09 01:47 PM
    This is causing me a headache man.
    I am having trouble putting .sis or .jad(w/e it is) apps on the blackberry, i tried with the manager and it doesn't read that type of file or something.
    When I download from the blackberry itself, I can't find the app anymore, i don't know where it goes.

Thanks.
    08-12-09 10:21 PM
    This is causing me a headache man.
    I am having trouble putting .sis or .jad(w/e it is) apps on the blackberry, i tried with the manager and it doesn't read that type of file or something.
    When I download from the blackberry itself, I can't find the app anymore, i don't know where it goes.

Thanks.
    Should be in your downloads folder.
    08-12-09 11:12 PM
    I checked, its not there.
    Also how do I use my email with my BB phone.
    08-12-09 11:43 PM
    that is because the DM only supports cod and alx files..... i never heard of sis... but i can tell you how to install the jar and jad files (FYI, jar and jad files ore OTA install files)

enable mass media storage on your phone, if you dont know how check my sig for a link about installing music

ok hook up to your computer
    say yes on your BB
    minimize your BB window
    open the location of the JAR and JAD files
    COPY BOTH FILES
    paste BOTH files in the SAME LOCATION ON THE MEMORY CARD
    repeat if you have more
    when done un hook

on your BB hit...

menu
    media
    menu
    explore
    navigate to the location amd click on one of theme.... you will only see EITHER the jar or the jad... i am going from memory so i dont remember which one you see
    click on it

it should now be installing

happy installing
    08-13-09 08:03 AM
    I checked, its not there.
    Also how do I use my email with my BB phone.
    When you download OTA, do you get a successful install message? AFAIK, jad files are installed OTA. If you use Gmail, go to m.google.com and download the application from there. You can also forward your other email accounts to Gmail. If you don't want Gmail, download an app like Logicmail and you can use pop3 or imap to get your mail.
    08-13-09 08:04 AM
    Install App World (its free)
    08-16-09 10:59 PM
    Install App World (its free)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think App World works with Boostberry.
    08-17-09 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD