Has anyone heard of any news for a version of skype for blackberry yet

Thought one was due to be released in may

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 04:45 PM
    PM me.

06-25-09 04:50 PM
    adrianp918 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
    06-25-09 06:21 PM
    i will correct
    06-25-09 06:25 PM
    all fixed you can send the PM now
    06-25-09 06:27 PM
    Yes I would like to know this too it would be a better convenience than to carry a laptop around everywhere lol please let me know if there is one thanks

Last edited by RA20R; 06-25-09 at 10:53 PM.
    06-25-09 10:48 PM
    I agree. I use skype faithfuly and it would be very nice to see it come to the BB.

06-25-09 11:43 PM
    You'd think carriers would be actively trying to block such a thing from happening, wouldn't they? Or at least lock it to wifi on capable phones? Skype would absolutely rip though bandwidth if you used it a lot... but so would Pandora and that happened so who knows...
    06-26-09 12:00 AM
    You'd think carriers would be actively trying to block such a thing from happening, wouldn't they? Or at least lock it to wifi on capable phones? Skype would absolutely rip though bandwidth if you used it a lot... but so would Pandora and that happened so who knows...
    Its more cost effective to let the bandwidth hungry programs go through, and limit the amount of data the user is allowed per month (like what AT&T just did with the new tiered plans). This way, people can still use them, and the carrier can charge more the more it's used...
    People will use it less, lowering the network load, or use it the same and pay for it on their bill...
    09-01-10 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD