My cousin downloaded Black Berry App World onto my phone, when I didn't want it, and now its slowing down my phone ! My phone takes FOREVER to load anything ! I hardly ever use the app world its just messing up my phone. Is there any way I can delete it ? ?
    And if I delete it, can I still use BBM on my phone ?
    04-30-11 08:28 PM
    if you delete appworld you can still bbm

what model blackberry do you have? could give others a better idea where to guide you, and welcome to crackberry!
    04-30-11 08:41 PM
    Of course you can still use BBM. If you're running OS 6, go to options>device>applications management, find BB App World and delete. If you have OS 5 I believe it's options>applications. BB Appworld is huge memory hog. I never leave it installed on my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 08:47 PM
    i would like to think that theres more to this and that appworld isnt causing this. have you simply just tried rebooting your phone to see if that helps? are you leaving appworld open all the time? appworld has absolutely no effect on my phones battery life or cpu usage. what makes you so sure its being caused by it?

however, if you really want to, you can go into your options menu and delete the app from the phone. since you didnt specify what device or OS you are running, we cannot give you specific steps.
    04-30-11 08:47 PM
    BB Appworld is huge memory hog. I never leave it installed on my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    appworld is showing taking up 1.0MB in my application storage and using 0% cpu when not currently running. sooooo not sure what you are talking about.
    04-30-11 08:52 PM
    Thank you ericlc2 !

And I have a BlackBerry Curve 8500. And I reboot my phone once a week, I am not sure how to delete it thou....
    04-30-11 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD