About every two months I have an issue with BIS and my Google Apps account not working together. Last night it decided to make my account invalid. I've revalidated it several times successfully only to have it become invalid shortly after and deleted the account and added it back. This is getting really annoying seeing as this is my primary email account.

Any suggestions?
    06-15-10 10:54 AM
    I'm not sure about the invalid account issue but I've had a number of problems with Google Apps and BIS over the past few weeks (and they all seem to be intermittent), I think the root cause of the issue is that IMAP is still not officially supported via GMail. But... this is just a guess, I'd be curious if anyone else had some more insight?
    06-16-10 02:12 AM
    Here's the text from the Google Apps Forum

Note: Gmail IMAP access is not officially supported for BlackBerry devices at this time.

To integrate Gmail with the BlackBerry's email client, just follow these steps:

1. On your BlackBerry device, navigate to your home screen
    2. Select the icon that lets you set up email (this can be called BlackBerry Set-up, E-mail settings, or Personal Email Set-up)
    3. Follow the setup instructions provided on your device

If setup is successful, you should receive a confirmation message and a new mailbox icon should appear on your device's home screen labeled with your Gmail address.

If you encounter a problem during setup, please make sure you have enabled IMAP in your Gmail settings.
    06-16-10 02:31 AM
    Yeah, they've been unsupported since they RIM wanted Gmail/Google Apps to be IMAP only (a few months now). I have two other Gmail accounts on my account that work just fine and have never given me an issue.
    06-16-10 11:37 AM
    This has been driving me nuts as well; the GMail account works fine, but the Google Apps account is giving me all sorts of problems.

Mind you I haven't tried this, but have you tried enabling POP from the 'Settings' > 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP' menu? That might be worth a shot as well? I'll probably give that a shot later this afternoon.
    06-16-10 12:22 PM
    I had to make sure that my Mobile settings were set up to forward because there is an option I believe in the Google Apps in the admin page.
    06-16-10 01:47 PM
    I have my Google Apps account and it works fine.

Maybe I'm lucky?
    06-16-10 03:47 PM
    This has been driving me nuts as well; the GMail account works fine, but the Google Apps account is giving me all sorts of problems.

Mind you I haven't tried this, but have you tried enabling POP from the 'Settings' > 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP' menu? That might be worth a shot as well? I'll probably give that a shot later this afternoon.
    Yep, I've had POP and IMAP enabled all this time. Just for fun, I disabled both and re-enabled them, deleted the account and re-registered and resent service books. I'm getting really fed up because the Gmail application won't install and the mobile GApps Mail site is really quite awful to use.
    06-16-10 08:09 PM
    Quick update: Just for the heck of it, I added the account to my sister's BlackBerry while she was home and it gave me the same issue so it's basically a BIS issue. Is there any way to get this fixed or at least looked at? Just call Verizon?
    06-18-10 09:11 PM
    Verizon, 3rd party application. Neither V nor RIM support third party apps. You can call em but I would not hold my breath with having either show much interest.
    06-19-10 05:27 AM
    Okay if you have a domain or pay for it, go to the part where you manage it (for me it's google.com/a/cpanel/(domainname minus .com)) and push under the Dashboard tab Mobile, then make sure that is checked. You may have to enable it if not.
    06-19-10 01:18 PM
    Okay if you have a domain or pay for it, go to the part where you manage it (for me it's google.com/a/cpanel/(domainname minus .com)) and push under the Dashboard tab Mobile, then make sure that is checked. You may have to enable it if not.
    Nope, there was no option to enable/disable mobile services. Just Google Sync. To add more confusion to the table, I realized I had another @samedomain.com account added (still Google Apps) and it receives email just fine as well as sending it. I'm wondering if it's something with my BIS setup as any BIS connections have been extremely slow compared to direct TCP connections.

I sent Verizon data support (the address on the BIS help page) an email but I'm sure if I'll get a helpful response if any. It's a waiting game. :-/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 03:18 PM
    i have 2 google hosted apps emails... one works one doesnt, i am on the phone with vzw/rim now. it was working fine until i did a device switch yesterday at the blackberry.com/go/vzw portal
    06-19-10 04:19 PM
    72 mins on the phone with VZW then VZW Tier2 then RIM support then RIM Tier 2 support!

T2 kewl the issue instantly and fixed it!

she stated that the imap/pop was locked by gmail and needed to reset it with Captcha unlock. (gmail website)

I went to https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

put in my email, password, and the security code then readded my account and it fixed the issue!
    06-19-10 05:06 PM
    I finally decided to just forward my Google Apps emails to my vzw.blackberry.net address, since Apps doesn't officially support true push, since it's using IMAP to periodically retreive mail.

Emails are received instantly and individually, rather than every few minutes in groups.

Much nicer.
    06-19-10 09:34 PM
    mine are instant, and not in groups, and i am using hosted apps.
    06-19-10 09:35 PM
    Unfortunately zmenchhofer's solution didn't work... And 4-HGeek's solution isn't really feasible for me as I like to reply from the respective email account. I'll be calling up VZW tomorrow to see if they can help with this issue as well as swapping my Tour for a Bold.
    06-19-10 09:38 PM
    Excuse my lack of knowledge on Google Apps Accounts - but couldn't you import your google apps account into a gmail account and that will give you the ability to reply from the respective account.

Or, forward them to a new yahoo account or something, and then when setting that new email up on the device you would just change the reply to email addy to show the google apps email addy and it should be good to go.
    06-19-10 09:41 PM
    drm2blv, that is pointless to forward your email's.... you should have the TRUE account pushed to the blackberry
    06-19-10 09:44 PM
    Understood, you *should* have it, but since people are having issues with their Google Apps accounts, this is a work around for it.
    06-19-10 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD