Tried to sync Google Calendar via BIS with my Torch. After the input of a new event, synchronization goes very fast.

The problem is, that only a limited number of events are synced to the phone. I have events in my Calender from 2005, but after the set-up of the synchronization, only future events, and events from the last two week appeared on the phone. Events before end of April are missing.

Any idea to solve this problem?

Thank you!

EDIT: I need past items because I use Calendar events as memos for phone numbers, agreements, prices etc.
    Last edited by vba; 05-08-11 at 08:46 AM.
    05-08-11 08:41 AM
    Why would you want older calender entries on there anyways? If there already past they disappear.
    05-08-11 08:43 AM
    Why would you want older calender entries on there anyways? If there already past they disappear.
    I write meeting memos in Google Calendar events: agreements, prices etc.

I like it having them on my phone, I need them many times.
    05-08-11 08:45 AM
    I don't think an initial synch will reach back to the dawn of time. You can change the calendar settings to keep forever so they don't delete. Do your notes show up OK?

You could try using the Google synch addon to see if that will force a longer period. Lastly, a synch to something like Outlook, then a DM synch could get more.

I would suggest you consider reviewing how you do this. You have a limited amount of application storage and could run low if the notes are extensive or kept over long periods.
    05-08-11 09:42 AM
    I don't think an initial synch will reach back to the dawn of time. You can change the calendar settings to keep forever so they don't delete. Do your notes show up OK?

You could try using the Google synch addon to see if that will force a longer period. Lastly, a synch to something like Outlook, then a DM synch could get more.

I would suggest you consider reviewing how you do this. You have a limited amount of application storage and could run low if the notes are extensive or kept over long periods.
    Google sync add-on is also for a limited period.

I don't think I have to limit the numbers of events stored on my BB, because it has to handle 5000-6000 events. Until now I've used Desktop sync for Calendars with this amount of data, and it was OK, I only want to change to sync OTA because it's more comfortable.
    05-08-11 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD