i think its bis 3.2 anyways

some of my contacts have been recreated 4 times. for over half my addressbook. does anyone else have this problem?
    10-08-10 11:06 AM
    If you log in to google mail via the web interface, go to contacts, and click on merge duplicate contacts.

That will solve the problem and then jus wait for the sync to happen again.
    10-08-10 11:29 AM
    i think its a google problem / issue. my yahoo contact sync was similar, duplicating contacts. this was because i used "&" in some of my contacts profiles, and yahoo would translate it to "%25" or something like that. then, BIS would see a different contact on my yahoo account, and add it to my blackberry. my solution was to remove all the "&" symbols and problem fixed.
    10-08-10 11:35 AM
    Interesting.... I didn't know they had Google contact's synch turned on for us yet? I just checked and on mine, the "Wireless synch" for my gmail says "Not available" and won't let me change it.

I may resend my service books and try it.

But, anyway, look in your OPTIONS in Contacts, under General Options, there should be an entry for "Allow Duplicate Names" - make sure that is set to No.

And, then do what MainMan Said about going into your Contacts on the Gmail site and merge the duplicates.
    10-08-10 11:55 AM
    Interesting.... I didn't know they had Google contact's synch turned on for us yet? I just checked and on mine, the "Wireless synch" for my gmail says "Not available" and won't let me change it.

I may resend my service books and try it.

But, anyway, look in your OPTIONS in Contacts, under General Options, there should be an entry for "Allow Duplicate Names" - make sure that is set to No.

And, then do what MainMan Said about going into your Contacts on the Gmail site and merge the duplicates.
    you have to go into email setting to turn on wireless sync. if you haven't turned it on, it will show as "Unavailable" when you enter the option from the address book.
    10-08-10 11:59 AM
    you have to go into email setting to turn on wireless sync. if you haven't turned it on, it will show as "Unavailable" when you enter the option from the address book.
    It's checked in the Email setup to synch contacts and deleted items. So, I resent the service books while I was in there.

Battery pull, reboot and, nope, still "Not Available" in the contacts list option. Oh well, it will give me something to work on this weekend.

But, enough about my issue and back to the OP's duplicates.
    10-08-10 12:22 PM
    It's checked in the Email setup to synch contacts and deleted items. So, I resent the service books while I was in there.

Battery pull, reboot and, nope, still "Not Available" in the contacts list option. Oh well, it will give me something to work on this weekend.

But, enough about my issue and back to the OP's duplicates.

i've had the same thing happen, and the only fix was to delete and re-add that email account and it magically fixed it.
    10-08-10 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD