All my other apps worked fine after installing 713.

I uninstalled it, rebooted, re-downloaded Bing...it's working fine now. Whew.
    06-19-10 02:03 AM
    All my other apps worked fine after installing 713.

I uninstalled it, rebooted, re-downloaded Bing...it's working fine now. Whew.
    So you love BIng ,eh . How good is it compared to GOogle? Never tried it before.
    06-19-10 03:57 AM
    Damn, wish my Bing would have gone away. Only question is why did you bother?
    06-19-10 04:02 AM
    Yeah , I wish it would go away too. I wonder how much Microsoft paid have it on cellphones. I heard it will also be on the "Jesus phone".
    06-19-10 04:15 AM
    They can afford it. Can't sell windows mobile so they have to pay someone else for their advertising.
    06-19-10 06:30 AM
    I hate bing but it comes in handy once in a while.But i use google 99.9% of the time.But i must say 713 makes my storm 2 feel like a new phone.Everything is working great so far.
    06-19-10 11:31 AM
    Damn, wish my Bing would have gone away. Only question is why did you bother?
    People actually use Bing??? I wish I could get it off my BB completely. There are 2 kinds of search apps: Google and those that wish they were.
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-19-10 at 11:59 AM. Reason: typo
    06-19-10 11:58 AM
    People actually use Bing??? I wish I could get it off my BB completely. There are 2 kinds of search apps: Google and those that wish they were.
    Agreed!
    06-19-10 01:30 PM
    I have both Google Search and Bing voice search on my phone. For web browsing, I prefer google, of course. I've got plenty of memory on my phone and have only a handful of apps, so it's not like having Bing installed is an imposition.
    06-19-10 02:28 PM
    When i installed the Baytel .713 i lost google maps and mini opera. Besides having to reinstall meterberry which happens anytime i upgrade an OS everything else was fine.
    06-19-10 02:51 PM
    All of my apps returned after the OS upgrade, but several required reactivation (annoys the crap out of me). As for Bing, I detest it and the BEST OS upgrade would be the one that restores the user choice of default search. I have Bing burried in my "Crap" folder (along with several other VZW pushes) and use the Google Search app whenever I want to look something up.

P.S. I should add that, if I'm doing a search for something on my handset, chances are, I'm in a public venue and thus, there is background noise. When it first became available, I thought the voice search feature would be handy, but it's been my experience that more times than not, it doesn't understand me (i.e., a search for "moon" kept giving me results for "buffoon" or something like that), so really, it was of no use. In a more quiet environment, I will use my computer first. These days, there's very little Microsoft stuff I use other than XP (and soon, Windows 7). I don't like Internet Explorer, I use Opera and Firefox. As far as Bing goes, I find it a very poor substitute to Google.
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 06-19-10 at 03:06 PM.
    06-19-10 03:01 PM
    I agree that Google Mobile App is superior to Bing. The only reason I can give for my ever having installed Bing on a Storm was that last year I liked having a voice search app and Bing was, to my recollection, the only game in town at the time. If that's incorrect, then blame it on my poor memory.
    06-19-10 03:12 PM
    I agree that Google Mobile App is superior to Bing. The only reason I can give for my ever having installed Bing on a Storm was that last year I liked having a voice search app and Bing was, to my recollection, the only game in town at the time. If that's incorrect, then blame it on my poor memory.
    Hey Dave..you don't have to apologize for using Bing. I reinstalled it myself (just like you reported, it was the only one I had to reinstall). Bing does better with local business searches and it integrates with VZ Navigator for directions.

For some reason, I cannot get Google Maps to work. It will not allow entering addresses for directions.
    06-19-10 04:31 PM
    Hey Dave..you don't have to apologize for using Bing. I reinstalled it myself (just like you reported, it was the only one I had to reinstall). Bing does better with local business searches and it integrates with VZ Navigator for directions.

For some reason, I cannot get Google Maps to work. It will not allow entering addresses for directions.
    make sure you have the latest version, make sure you didn't accidentally download the non-touch version (depends on your browser ID setting)

4.20 is the latest. 4.0.1 sucked. 4.0.2 fixed the problem with searches on 607.
    06-19-10 04:35 PM
    make sure you have the latest version, make sure you didn't accidentally download the non-touch version (depends on your browser ID setting)

4.20 is the latest. 4.0.1 sucked. 4.0.2 fixed the problem with searches on 607.
    Thanks, but I have done that. I have tried all the browser ID settings, disabled compatibility, still no luck. I just gave up.
    06-19-10 05:01 PM
    Why would you re-install bing!!???
    06-20-10 01:37 AM
    Why would you re-install bing!!???
    Because, I can . Do you have a problem with having a choice?
    06-20-10 07:36 AM
    I wish my Bing had disappeared from my browser, but its still there.

I have been using the Google Icon App on my Storm to avoid Bing. I am very happy to see I can now add a bookmark after upgrading to .517. Before this, the Google App worked fine, but it would not let me save any bookmarks for any sites I went to while using it.

Rich
    06-20-10 08:36 AM
    I had to laugh when I read your post. There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone liking or preferring Bing. But your statement of "Do you have a problem with having a choice" is precisely WHY I'm so troubled since VZW, in their infinite wisdom, too that choice away from us in an attempt to push us into using Bing. It's the NO CHOICE that I have a problem with.

Because, I can . Do you have a problem with having a choice?
    06-20-10 05:02 PM
    I had to laugh when I read your post. There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone liking or preferring Bing. But your statement of "Do you have a problem with having a choice" is precisely WHY I'm so troubled since VZW, in their infinite wisdom, too that choice away from us in an attempt to push us into using Bing. It's the NO CHOICE that I have a problem with.
    I hope we are talking about the Bing app (Not the Bing default search in the browser, which I agree offers no choice). As a choice, you can install the Bing or Google app (Or both like me )
    06-20-10 05:21 PM
    I hope we are talking about the Bing app (Not the Bing default search in the browser, which I agree offers no choice). As a choice, you can install the Bing or Google app (Or both like me )
    I'm the OP and MY comments were about the APP; NOT the search option in the browser (it sucks that they took away Google).
    06-20-10 05:27 PM
    Ok, ok...I veered off topic....just that the word "Bing" raises the hairs on the back of my neck!
    06-20-10 06:03 PM
    Ok, ok...I veered off topic....just that the word "Bing" raises the hairs on the back of my neck!
    BING!!!!!

Sorry..had to do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 06:14 PM
    BING!!!!!

Sorry..had to do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL! SOMEONE had to do it!
    06-20-10 09:43 PM
    Ha! Payback's a bit*h, ya' know

BING!!!!!

Sorry..had to do it.