I know many are upset about the new Bing app shortcut being pushed to their Verizon phone. I was looking forward to it. I always loved MS Live. I thought it was far better than Google search. I tried installing Bing using the Verizon icon and going straight to m.bing.com. Both times it gave me the dreaded white screen of death and reload software error. I then tried removing the MS Live app (thought that it was interfering with Bing). I tried to install again. Same results.

I got the phone working again using BBSAK. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix or is Bing just screwed up? Thanks for any insight.
    12-19-09 08:19 PM
    When was Bing pushed to your phone? I'm on Vzw also and haven't gotten it yet. I'm sure it'll show up soon.
    12-19-09 08:25 PM
    When was Bing pushed to your phone? I'm on Vzw also and haven't gotten it yet. I'm sure it'll show up soon.
    if you ever go to register now it def will pop up......did on my phone and i just quickly hid it.
    12-19-09 08:32 PM
    Yea I was wondering about that, it was randomly on my phone out of nowhere. I haven't really used it yet, hopefully this is an isolated thing.
    12-19-09 08:46 PM
    Mine showed up yesterday. I suggest you don't click on it. Like I said, it killed my phone when I tried to install it. I wish I knew why. Personally, I hope they fix it. I really do want to install it.
    12-19-09 08:47 PM
    Works just fine for me. I don't think you should be recommending people not install it just because it doesn't work for you.
    12-19-09 08:49 PM
    Just letting people know there is a potential problem and wondering if anyone else has had the same. I hope everyone has the same luck you had. I'm sure it is a great app. Please, do whatever you are comfortable with.
    12-19-09 08:53 PM
    Just letting people know there is a potential problem and wondering if anyone else has had the same.
    You could have read this thread in the third party apps. You would have seen if others have your described problem.

Microsoft Bing Mobile now available
    12-20-09 05:52 PM
    I have been using it without any problems. Anyone who wants to install it should do so. Many of us are using it without any issue at all.
    12-20-09 06:11 PM
    I put it in my hidden folder with the other stuff I don't use.I don't need Bing.
    12-21-09 07:41 AM
    Bing App killed my phone too. I was unable to delete it in the Application Loader so I am wiping my whole phone now and reinstalling the OS.
    12-29-09 12:16 AM
    Bing App killed my phone too. I was unable to delete it in the Application Loader so I am wiping my whole phone now and reinstalling the OS.
    12-29-09 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD