Gave me an excuse to upgrade to 5.0. BBSAK works great. Back up and running. Liking 5.0 so far. VZ should be ashamed to push bing garbage on customers.

Update 12/21/09:

I am now glad BING bricked my phone. Upgrading top 5.0.0.230 was the best thing I could have done. BB and Verizon should be ashamed. This is the operating system that should have come with this high end device. I am now loving the TOUR. This OS is fast, slick, and has the right features. Coming from Win Mob, I really missed threaded text and predictive text...Not any more, it's in 5.0! I am still figuring out some of the ins and outs, but everything so far is better.

For anyone with modest ability and an hour or two, it is worth it. I used BBSAK and followed the directions in the OS forum, got my apps again, and synced my contacts from outlook. Up and running better than ever.

My working 3rd party apps so far: poynt, repligo reader, weather eye, facebook
    Last edited by vetmotox; 12-21-09 at 09:17 AM.
    12-20-09 11:30 PM
    VZ Tour... VZW pushed Bing to my phone and despite 3 previous BRICKS from two of which were from BBM5.. I stupidly downloaded it, even though, I never intended to need/use it.. and lo and behold... Reload Software 552...yet again

So this post came up on my first google search for Bing BlackBerry bricked...

I promptly got BBSAK.. and was excited to see it connect... I tried remove cod Bing & BingData.. but same Error pops up...
    edit: my sort was wonky.. added BingLib and that seems to have corrected it, but I also added bbtestfwkinterfaces afterwards since they share the same unique version number...

I haven't experimented much more but as it wasn't as intuitive as that, I thought maybe some guide steps for myself and the SURE others who this will happen to?

Also.. how/where to get the OS5, since VZW hasn't and won't officially release it many many many typical months behind release.

Thanks
    Last edited by BingBrickedMyBlackBerry; 12-21-09 at 08:14 PM.
    12-21-09 08:05 PM
    VZ Tour... VZW pushed Bing to my phone and despite 3 previous BRICKS from two of which were from BBM5.. I stupidly downloaded it, even though, I never intended to need/use it.. and lo and behold... Reload Software 552...yet again

So this post came up on my first google search for Bing BlackBerry bricked...

I promptly got BBSAK.. and was excited to see it connect... I tried remove cod Bing & BingData.. but same Error pops up...
    edit: my sort was wonky.. added BingLib and that seems to have corrected it, but I also added bbtestfwkinterfaces afterwards since they share the same unique version number...

I haven't experimented much more but as it wasn't as intuitive as that, I thought maybe some guide steps for myself and the SURE others who this will happen to?

Also.. how/where to get the OS5, since VZW hasn't and won't officially release it many many many typical months behind release.

Thanks

What is bbtestfwkinterfaces.cod?
    02-28-10 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD