When in Bing I was advised there is a new version so I went ahead and downloaded it on my Storm 2 (.607). It downloaded OK but i couldn't get the keyboard to show/work so I deleted it and tried to go back to 1.0.3588.xxxxx. as it was working fine on .607. Did an application delete, battery pull. On restart I notice that Verizon pushed the Bing Icon again. I clicked on it and it took me through the download process again (same new version). But now I get an error message.

"Error starting Bing Module. Bing does not match codfile timestamp of sibling module 'Bing-4' " (I think I saw Bing-6 somewhere along the way, as well as a new 'black' icon instead of the blue/white/orange one.

Any ideas how to get Bing totally wiped and the old version re-installed? or worst case I'd be OK getting the new version back working and just use the voice input until I can either get it to work or a working version for .607 is released.
    Last edited by tmurphx5; 04-07-10 at 12:00 AM. Reason: spelling
    04-06-10 11:59 PM
    Yes, I am started getting the same error...
    04-07-10 06:25 AM
    Yes, I am started getting the same error...
    I tried to download the older version from Microsoft's 'Bing for Mobile' site. It downloads but when I try to run it I get a message that it is configuring some settings and that it may take 2 minutes, but it just hangs.
    When i go back into delete the application it shows the newer version was installed even though the 'download' showed the older version number.

Look like two people with this problem so far, anyone else come across it and/or have a fix?
    04-07-10 07:43 AM
    I was finally able to get back to the older version. Deleted Bing from options/applications, then cleared th cache on my browser. Went to Microsoft's 'Bing for Mobile' site selected download for Storm 1 & 2. Then before pressing download I clicked on the 'set applications permissions' and went in and set everything to allow. Bing downloaded, went through its two minute setup and then loaded.

I'll ignore the message that pops up saying there is an newer version until I hear that it works on .607. I do like the new black icon and it looks like the new version will let you input data in landscape mode.
    04-07-10 08:32 AM
    After my OS update I tried to start Bing, it told me there was a new version available. I tried to download it from the MSLive website and it said that the download failed. I then deleted Bing and tried to re-install. I kept getting a error that the COD was not valid and the download failed. I found a work around for that problem, but after I got Bing to install I keep getting the "Error Starting Bing: Module 'Bing-6' not found." This is where I am now. Hopefully MS will release a fix for this.
    Last edited by peterde; 04-07-10 at 08:45 AM.
    04-07-10 08:33 AM
    After my OS update I tried to start Bing, it told me there was a new version available. I tried to download it from the MS Live website and it said that the download failed. I then deleted Bing and tried to re-install. I kept getting a error that the COD was not valid and the download failed. I found a work around for that problem, but after I got Bing to install I keep getting the "Error Starting Bing: Module 'Bing-6' not found." This is where I am now. Hopefully MS will release a fix for this.
    Try deleting the application again, battery pull, go into your browser /options/cache operations/ and clear everything. Then go back to the Microsoft site, start the download process but make sure you select 'set application permissions' before you hit download and then change permissions to 'allow' for everything. This worked for me and got be mack to the last version.

It's a shame we get notified of a new Bing version a couple of day's after the new .067 OS release only to find that the new Bing is displaying the same keyboard issues as other have noted with BBM (keyboard is there but invisible and sometimes shows under the menu list, there is also a landscape screen on the new Bing release but now keyboard showing there either). I guess I'll wait until they have Bing fixed for .061 before I download it again.
    04-07-10 10:52 AM
    Funny, I just tried it again and it downloaded and installed without a problem. however I now suffer from the missing keyboard.
    04-07-10 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD