04-01-10 02:19 PM
34 12
tools
    Their competitor(s) have constantly charged for upgrades to "major" version number releases (i.e. v1.x -> v2.x without really offering any significant additional functionality)...

Perhaps, BTC should have just used version numbers instead of Standard, Pro and Premium.

Edit :
    [..]
    I'd tried BerryWeather at least three times before but was never satisfied I still miss some of the info WeatherBug Elite provided me and the push alerts but I figure in time those features will come. [...]
    ...and you'll probably be charged for an upgrade to v3.x (not saying they will but this has been BellShare's business model to-date).
    Last edited by PDM; 02-25-10 at 08:25 PM.
    02-25-10 08:22 PM
    BeBuzz absolutely runs as a background process. Four threads on my device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 08:49 PM
    Their competitor(s) have constantly charged for upgrades to "major" version number releases (i.e. v1.x -> v2.x without really offering any significant additional functionality)...

Perhaps, BTC should have just used version numbers instead of Standard, Pro and Premium.

Edit :

...and you'll probably be charged for an upgrade to v3.x (not saying they will but this has been BellShare's business model to-date).
    no ones complaining about an upgrade fee. thats fine. being charged full price AGAIN is where most people have issues, myself included..
    02-26-10 03:52 PM
    no ones complaining about an upgrade fee. thats fine. being charged full price AGAIN is where most people have issues, myself included..
    As David@BTC posted...

This is David from BigTinCan

[...]
    Now what you might be asking for is "how about a crossgrade/upgrade from BuzzMe Pro to BuzzMe Premium" ?

Well that process is not something that is standard in the app stores but we are talking to them about exactly that and hope to be able to do something there.

[...]
    They seem to be "working" on it. However, I have seen their competitors provide upgrade charges via the app stores.

Perhaps, they should provide an update as to what they have achieved by "talking" to them.

OT : However, Premium seems to provide capabilities that no other LED notification software provides to date (with 3rd party integration).
    02-26-10 07:25 PM
    The one thing I can tell you is that I was running the BuzzMe Free edition for a long time. I liked that tool and did not have many issues at all. After just winning the Premium version in a contest I am about ready to uninstall and go back to the free version (or maybe another tool).

There are MANY bugs in the software, especially if you are using the Enhanced Gmail plugin. In addition, don't expect any support. I have tried to contact support to get help with a couple things that DO NOT WORK correctly and have not heard any response for DAYS.
    02-27-10 08:24 AM
    I also won a free copy of the premium app. My experience with tech support has been pretty good so far. The one thing I'm having severe issues with is the fact the phone vibrates constantly until I open the correspondence (FB notification, e-mail, BB message). My Tour is on the charger now and vibrating to beat the band.

The free edition did not have these problems at all. If I delete my premium edition, am I allowed to reinstall it later after I wipe the phone and clean it up a bit?

I'm told by tech support they are considering some tweaks to fix this irritating problem.
    03-02-10 07:03 AM
    I received this email on March 5, 2010,

[...]And most importantly the update to your version of BuzzMe is FREE and also includes a free 14 day trial of the full features of BuzzMe Premium. You can get your free update from your app store (its on App World and Mobihand now!) or you can get BuzzMe 2.5 Standard edition for free at:

* BuzzMe Standard: href=http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1019
    * BuzzMe Pro: href=http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1019
    * BuzzMe Premium: href=http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1019
    [...]

BUT none of the links have an update option - no response from the BTC. Have emailed three times since.
    03-10-10 10:09 AM
    still no response to my original question to the BTC, but I tried the upgrade when I received a notification from crackberry.com that I was eligible.

ver 2 was not helpful because it needed to be restarted every time the phone reset - even the Pro version

This version I can't get the missed call alert to work and that's what I was looking for originally. No way am I going to "acknowledge" each missed call deep in the missed call folder.

from BTC's HELP

[...]Q. Why does the missed call indicator LED show when I have no missed calls?
    A1. in the BlackBerry you need to acknowledge a missed call in the same way that you would do a SMS or Email. You can find the missed call notification in your Messages application in the MISSED CALL folder. [...]

moving to berrybuzz - set up their trial in 10 minutes.
    03-12-10 11:16 AM
    Hi there,

I searched the complete Crackberry Forum and the BigTinCan's Forum, but couldn't find the answer to my question, so I give it a try up here:

I downloaded BigTinCan Buzzme to my BB 9700 and got a whole bunch of plug-ins with that (facebook, etc). Not the actual plug-ins, but the icons with the links to the download for them...

For several reasons I decided not to keep BigTinCan and deleted the app.

However, I'm still stuck with these extra apps/icons/download-links and apparently can not delete them...

Now, as I want to keep my BB as clean as possible, how can I get rid of these items?

Thanks for helping!
    Last edited by Thor1972; 04-01-10 at 02:22 PM.
    04-01-10 02:19 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD