Is anyone else here a BigTinCan buzzme pro user!?

With the new "premium" buzzme about to come out, I emailed the support for bigtincan, to see if, as a paying user of the app there would be a free upgrade. Well it turns out they don't care about their "pro" users who have already put their money where their mouth is and are going to be charging us the full price for the "new" app with all its "new" features.

This is complete horsesh!t. I am very disappointed in this and feel cheated. Not only have I paid for a product that has never had a single update, they finally bring out an update with minor changes and I'm expected to shell out full price again.

I have quoted the email I was sent after enquiring about this through the email section of the app I already paid for.

Hi BuzzMe premium can be ordered from appworld or mobihand but unfortunately it is going to be $4.99 regardless you are Standard or Pro user. But It is really a great product. You can read the features at crackbery.com and see if you would like to purchase it. Regards, Sean
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 04:02 AM
    Well, I was thinking of buying this one, but I won't now given the way they "support" their current customers!
    02-24-10 07:17 AM
    Well that's not right!how frustrating.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-24-10 07:30 AM
    Wow. I use BerryBuzz so I haven't dealt with BigTinCan at all but that would be very irritating. Sorry to hear that. That's BS to me.
    02-24-10 10:17 AM
    Well they have lost a customer today, I am just about to purchase berrybuzz and wash my hands of them completely.

02-24-10 11:16 AM
    Well they have lost a customer today, I am just about to purchase berrybuzz and wash my hands of them completely.

For what it's worth, I've never had a problem with BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, or Bellshare.
    02-24-10 11:42 AM
    I got a free copy of BuzzMe today...Meh, it's ok I guess. I much preferred BerryBuzz, but free is free I guess.
    02-24-10 11:43 AM
    I got a free copy of if from the Crackberry give away.

I don't like how you can't change how fast the light blinks. It's way to fast for what i like. Also i exited the program which shuts it off (so they say) but yet when I get Facebook updates, the light is blinking a custom color. I don't get it.

I think I'm gonna delete this.
    02-24-10 12:00 PM
    I received a fee copy of buzzme premium. After installing it and setting it up according to the instructions/faq, it constantly blinks for beejive. I'm receiving no IM's on beejive yet the LED blinks constantly. Is it me, my settings, or the app? I would love for it to work properly. BerryBuzz was more simple and worked correctly from the first install. I lost it due to a JVM error and can not figure out how to get it back to save my life. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    02-24-10 01:00 PM
    This is David from BigTinCan

I just wanted to post a quick reply here to explain to SpiderHider why we have the new product structure.

What we found from asking our customers is that many people were asking us to add in support for a lot of new service types to BuzzMe - stuff like BBM, Facebook, MySpace, etc - so we did go and build that.

We also had lots of people who really liked either the free version (that only supports calls) or the Pro version that adds SMS/MMS and multiple email accounts. What they were asking for was new colors and more "disco modes" as well as better battery use.

So we went and built that.

But the biggest thing that everybody told us was that they wanted to be able to choose the features they want at the the price point that suited them.

So we created this system of

- BuzzMe Standard - remains totally free and includes control for calls
    - BuzzMe Pro - $2.99 that adds SMS/MMS, and multiple email accounts
    - BuzzMe Premium - $4.99 that adds all the other stuff

And we kept the prices low - note BuzzMe Premium is still priced lower than the major competition, and added in the extra colors, better battery life and new disco modes for all products.

Now what you might be asking for is "how about a crossgrade/upgrade from BuzzMe Pro to BuzzMe Premium" ?

Well that process is not something that is standard in the app stores but we are talking to them about exactly that and hope to be able to do something there.

So thats basically why we have this structure - and for what its worth the feedback so far has been that people really like this approach where you can pick the features you want and only pay for those features if you need them.

However we really really want to know how people feel about this, so feel free to post here or on our forum - forum dot bigtincan dot com

And if any readers are having any technical problems please just email support at bigtincan dot com and we will get back to you and do out best to help
    02-24-10 02:54 PM
    I was kinda hoping it ran similar to BeBuzz, but it has to run in the background (application switcher) to work. Was kind of a bummer for me as BeBuzz works without it having to be running (application switcher). I like applications that work, but don't need to run in the background.
    02-24-10 03:29 PM
    Some apps runs in the background but are not shown in the application switcher.
    How do you know that BeBuzz is not running in the background ?
    (I'm asking a question, not telling you that you're wrong)
    02-24-10 04:05 PM
    I mean as far as the application switcher is concerned.
    02-24-10 04:30 PM
    Berrybuzz doesn't seem to be a running app, it works by adding options to the edit profile menu. And the options menu. It adds its options to the OS (I THINK but I don't know for sure), I tried BuzzMe, (and paid for it too, but I'm not upset that I did, the developer is entitled to my $3) but I was turned off by it sitting in the app switcher. I like the third party options it offers, but I went back to bebuzz because of the reasons above.

Of. Course, I don't know if bebuzz isn't actually running in the background either, but if it is, it's out of sight and out of mind.

02-24-10 04:34 PM
    this is just BS. give your customers a upgrade price or make them pay the difference, you dont make them buy the app again and at a higher price then before.

i dont understand this, instead of just updating the previous version and adding the features and charging an upgrade fee you add the features to the previous version anyway and add "premium" to it and charge people more money than they paid for the previous version and dont give your previous customers and discount whats so ever.

seems like bad business to me. you are going to loose a lot of customers over this to the "more expensive" competitor but hey they will never do something like this. yes they will charge an upgrade fee for major upgrades but they will never add "premium" to an app and charge people more money for it then they paid for the last version.

most devs like to take care of their customers but it pretty obvious that your not one of them. you've already lost a customer from myself and many other so why dont you stop being greedy and give the people what they want and thats a discount.

ok, im done, rant over

go get BerryBuzz from Bellshare if you want a good app
    Last edited by kcpaynev1; 02-24-10 at 07:22 PM.
    02-24-10 07:18 PM
    i feel bebuzz is a much better app
    02-24-10 10:21 PM
    berrybuzz or bigtincan.... decisions, decisions.

How will I decide? Wait for one of them to go on sale lol.

like I mean... 3 bucks or less.
    02-25-10 01:16 AM
    berrybuzz or bigtincan.... decisions, decisions.

How will I decide? Wait for one of them to go on sale lol.

like I mean... 3 bucks or less.
    You didn't have to wait long. BerryBuzz is on sale in the Crackberry App Store now for $2.97.
    02-25-10 07:04 AM
    Yup. Crackberry/ mobihand store have 5 Bellshare apps on sale for 50% off including berrybuzz

02-25-10 08:25 AM
    Great timing as my Berrybuzz trial ended today! SCORE!
    02-25-10 08:49 AM
    This is David from BigTinCan

I just wanted to post a quick reply here to explain to SpiderHider why we have the new product structure.

What we found from asking our customers is that many people were asking us to add in support for a lot of new service types to BuzzMe - stuff like BBM, Facebook, MySpace, etc - so we did go and build that.

We also had lots of people who really liked either the free version (that only supports calls) or the Pro version that adds SMS/MMS and multiple email accounts. What they were asking for was new colors and more "disco modes" as well as better battery use.

So we went and built that.

But the biggest thing that everybody told us was that they wanted to be able to choose the features they want at the the price point that suited them.

So we created this system of

- BuzzMe Standard - remains totally free and includes control for calls
    - BuzzMe Pro - $2.99 that adds SMS/MMS, and multiple email accounts
    - BuzzMe Premium - $4.99 that adds all the other stuff

And we kept the prices low - note BuzzMe Premium is still priced lower than the major competition, and added in the extra colors, better battery life and new disco modes for all products.

Now what you might be asking for is "how about a crossgrade/upgrade from BuzzMe Pro to BuzzMe Premium" ?

Well that process is not something that is standard in the app stores but we are talking to them about exactly that and hope to be able to do something there.

So thats basically why we have this structure - and for what its worth the feedback so far has been that people really like this approach where you can pick the features you want and only pay for those features if you need them.

However we really really want to know how people feel about this, so feel free to post here or on our forum - forum dot bigtincan dot com

And if any readers are having any technical problems please just email support at bigtincan dot com and we will get back to you and do out best to help
    I'd like to know how current paying customers feel, which current paying customers you asked as I don't recall ever getting an email asking my feelings on this and how the 4.99 paying customers are going to feel when "BuzzMe Ultra" comes out and they have to shell out their money for features that should have been included in the first place.

Its pretty evident to all reading that it was called a different name so its a different product and therefore you can charge again for it.

These are the type of tactics and business models that make me personally want to steer completely clear of bigtincan and any product the company releases.

Thank you for making it clear and also offering me a 14 day trial period of buzzme premium (not you personally but in an email from your company). I have moved onto a better program

02-25-10 09:44 AM
    I'd like to know how current paying customers feel, which current paying customers you asked as I don't recall ever getting an email asking my feelings on this and how the 4.99 paying customers are going to feel when "BuzzMe Ultra" comes out and they have to shell out their money for features that should have been included in the first place.

Its pretty evident to all reading that it was called a different name so its a different product and therefore you can charge again for it.

These are the type of tactics and business models that make me personally want to steer completely clear of bigtincan and any product the company releases.

Thank you for making it clear and also offering me a 14 day trial period of buzzme premium (not you personally but in an email from your company). I have moved onto a better program

+1 and LOL at the "BuzzMe Ultra"
    02-25-10 10:06 AM
    Same product with a few more changed/added features = Upgrade fee...

Not paying all over again for an app that has only changed/added a few more items....

Bad Business

/thread
    02-25-10 10:31 AM
    You didn't have to wait long. BerryBuzz is on sale in the Crackberry App Store now for $2.97.
    HAHA! I know! I looked at it this morning and I was like "oh man, how coincidental is that, haha". Well looks like my decision has been made. I never pay full price for apps. They always go on sale at some point or another and it's stuff that nobody "needs" right away so the short wait is worth it.

I lol'd at "bigtincan ultra".
    02-25-10 06:51 PM
    HAHA! I know! I looked at it this morning and I was like "oh man, how coincidental is that, haha". Well looks like my decision has been made. I never pay full price for apps. They always go on sale at some point or another and it's stuff that nobody "needs" right away so the short wait is worth it.

I lol'd at "bigtincan ultra".
    I'm starting to learn the same thing. I just need more patience. Today's sale on BerryWeather & BerryBuzz was enough to convince me to buy them both.

I'd tried BerryWeather at least three times before but was never satisfied I still miss some of the info WeatherBug Elite provided me and the push alerts but I figure in time those features will come. I don't know why but this time I finally saw what everyone else has been seeing in BerryWeather.

I won BuzzMe in the recent contest but wasn't quite satisfied since it runs (openly) in the background and I really like BerryBuzz's options integration and how it just seems to work with current sound profiles. So I gave my copy of BuzzMe to a friend.
    02-25-10 08:21 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD