Thanks for nothing RIM once again they cant seem to do anything cool for us faithful storm users - that have been abused since buying this phone!
    03-04-09 09:25 PM
    I agree it was a bust... but I'm sure they were just monitoring how many people were "interested" to gauge what the real release might be like.
    03-04-09 09:26 PM
    I sat by the computer for this.......oh well, I guess it could have been worse.
    03-04-09 09:26 PM
    yea well i registered to be alerted so i guess it wasn't a total waste.
    03-04-09 09:28 PM
    Take a look and see if their stock goes up again tomorrow though....
    03-04-09 09:31 PM
    Sorry, but I gotta have a Paypal account to DL App World? I can't use a credit card or have the app billed to my phone bill? Seems really wicked mega-effin lame to me...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 09:34 PM
    I missed it what happened?

03-04-09 09:35 PM
    What the **** was it anyway?
    03-04-09 09:35 PM
    What were you expecting? A bunch of worthless iphone like apps?
    03-04-09 09:37 PM
    give em some time.....did they specifically say it would be open for business or just launched? i dont see what everyone is so up in arms, i guess its the crack....

i dont post on other cell forums really, but it seems like BB users are like the emo kids of the smartphone world, so dramatic...
    03-04-09 09:39 PM
    I missed it what happened?

Not a damn thing. You could register with them to get spam mail when the damn thing opens up. Like I said, you didn't miss a thing.
    03-04-09 09:43 PM
    Ya, half of them should just get an iphone already. Quit complaining about useless things like an app store. It's a business device not a toy like an iphone.
    03-04-09 09:44 PM
    lol but you have the device was intended to be targeted for social users?
    03-04-09 09:45 PM
    give em some time.....did they specifically say it would be open for business or just launched? i dont see what everyone is so up in arms, i guess its the crack....
    RIM is missing the boat. I am willing to spend some money on good, quality applications. Yet, I can't seem to find them. ****, even there own site has apps and content geared towards other BB's but not the Storm. The opportunity is knocking however, RIM is not home.

i dont post on other cell forums really, but it seems like BB users are like the emo kids of the smartphone world, so dramatic...
    Well.....but, I.... /sigh... Okay, I can't argue bout that.
    03-04-09 09:47 PM
    Sorry, but I gotta have a Paypal account to DL App World? I can't use a credit card or have the app billed to my phone bill? Seems really wicked mega-effin lame to me...

Paypal can be used with any major CC. Personally, i'd rather go through Paypal than direct through my CC, as Paypal offers additional buyer protection on top of what the CC does. As far as linking it to my phone bill? Well, speaking for myself as a VZW customer, the biggest thing I like about the BB is NOT being dependant on VZW for everything (lack of Get It Now is my favorite part about the BB) - I don't really want VZW billing me for my apps, no thank you. I'll pay through paypal any day of the week.
    03-04-09 09:48 PM
    this is blackberry's Consumer Touch Screen device. Pretty sure if you wanted a business device you would go with a bold or curve 8900 not a touchscreen with an accelerometer. If you want to use your storm for nothing but checking email you big business man than get off this thread
    03-04-09 09:48 PM
    give'm a few days or so, it'll be up, then we can all have our phones pick what food we eat, what to wear, how level our desks are, make our flash double as a flash light, and all the other stuff we all absolutely need.

don't get me wrong, i look forward to how it works, how it is implemented, whats in store, etc, but waiting a bit doesnt make me feel neglected or angry...lol

rimm isn't missing the boat, they are simply making it wait to take off a bit. all that money your gonna spend in there still you will still spend next week when you can.

i have a storm, came from a older BB, i use it for business mostly, email, etc, why can't a business person have a storm? works for me just fine (better then my old BB)
    Last edited by Caddyman; 03-04-09 at 09:52 PM.
    03-04-09 09:49 PM
    Ya, half of them should just get an iphone already. Quit complaining about useless things like an app store. It's a business device not a toy like an iphone.
    Wow. Sour grapes post if I ever read one. What apps do you actually think are going to be on BB App store that don't mirror those on Apple's App Store. Christ, the first "apps" for the Storm were Fart and Lightsaber clones and everyone thought that was "cool"!! What amazing application do you think you are going see in the BB store that aren't already out for the iPhone?

Guess apps are only stupid when they are available on a device you DONT'T own... I know plenty of BB users that have games, music and video on their devices. Are those toys too??

Oh. And everyone in my company (a bank) has the iPhone and using them for... wait for it.... business...
    03-04-09 09:50 PM
    you work for a hippy bank? :P
    03-04-09 09:53 PM
    I bought this phone because i love the blackberrys - but i do not use it for bussiniuess pure personal enjoyment - i dont want a iphone - i just want the phone i bought to have a good OS and to get what was promised when i bought it all you saying that its for work well thats just a lame excuse for RIM to make not us - there should be a balance between work and fun - would it be bad to have some fun apps
    03-04-09 09:53 PM
    well the OS is comming, i was on .75 till about 2 hours ago and it wasn't bad at all IMO, did they tell you when you bought your storm there was a app store or it would be open today?
    03-04-09 09:56 PM
    Nobody was expecting the app store to open today, it was just that people expected more information and a bigger announcement to be on the site at 10 pm.

Additionally, this is not a phone aimed strictly at businessmen, as previously stated. It's for people who want the best of both business and some fun user friendly touch screen stuff. BUT, it is new technology. Anyone who expects new technology to burst out on the scene perfect does not pay attention to the world. That being said, I think we can all agree that the OS seemed to have been rushed more than it should have, and for those reasons, along with a disappointing "announcement" and a lack of a new official update, people are upset and that's okay.
    03-04-09 10:03 PM
    when i bought it there was supposed to be an app store they didnt give a date- but dont make it into a whole big deal that we can sign up to pay and the OS also i was concerned with the speed of the phone they said a new OS would be out in weeks - its been months i love my storm but i pay $30 a month for the service plus the phone that wasnt cheap either i expect something on their part in return
    03-04-09 10:03 PM
    when i bought it there was supposed to be an app store they didnt give a date- but dont make it into a whole big deal that we can sign up to pay and the OS also i was concerned with the speed of the phone they said a new OS would be out in weeks - its been months i love my storm but i pay $30 a month for the service plus the phone that wasnt cheap either i expect something on their part in return
    Yeah, I think another thing we can attribute frustration to is ignorant Service Reps. Most people who have Verizon can attest to at least one rep telling them when a new OS was supposed to come out and it not happening. Although we know from Crackberry it is often the case that they don't know anymore than we do, without Crackberry, they should be people we can trust to give solid information...unfortunately that hasn't always been the case.
    03-04-09 10:08 PM
    you work for a hippy bank? :P
    I don't think there is such a thing.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not making an iPhone vs Storm case here. I am only talking about how much abuse that the iPhone apps store has taken over the "useless" apps, yet the first ones to trickle out are clones of those apps. Then, when the "big event" tonight for the BB apps store turned out to be a let down, people start posting about the iPhone being a toy with useless apps.

Both devices are good devices with much room for improvement. However, with RIM working to build more multimedia capabilities into their devices so that it can play music, video, games, better web browsing, etc., I think it's a little hypocritical to call the iPhone a toy for being able to do the same things.

Forget about all the non-business "BIS" users out there for a minute. In a business world, it only makes sense to have a BB device if you are running a BES environment. Many businesses use Exchange and for that the iPhone is great. Not just the iPhone but WM, Android, Symbian, and even Palm devices can run through Exchange. And before everyone starts screaming "security!!!", Exchange has great security that is good enough for most companies. Realize that not ALL companies are large, security sensitive empires. There are hundreds of thousands of large, medium, and small companies that can make great use of devices other than Berrys.

If you like RIM, I can see why. I have one of each. Storm and iPhone. I am just not going to kid myself that they aren't both walking the same path.
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 03-04-09 at 10:12 PM.
    03-04-09 10:10 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD