I'm a consultant and my client has given me a Verizon 8830 that automatically syncs to their Exchange servers, so my email and client calendar stay in sync.

But I also have my own company's Outlook calendar, and I would like to be able to keep both Outlook calendars and the BB calendar in sync, so the same appointments appear on all three. I set up the BB Desktop Manager on my company laptop, and set it to sync the calendar with the BB, but it appears to sync only in one direction. That is, appointments from the laptop are added to the BB, but appoinments on the BB are not added to the laptop.

This isn't syncing to my way of thinking. Synchronization should go both ways. Is there any way to get bidirectional sync with the desktop manager, so that I don't have to enter duplicate appointments in both calendars?

Thanks,

Bob
    07-20-09 07:48 AM
    May not be the cleanest option, but just off the top of my head... you could setup your outlook to sync with a google calendar and use the Google BB client to sync (bi-directionally) from the BB to Google which would then sync through the Google Calendar Outlook sync.

Little convoluted but it should get you to the point where your calendars (client exchange & personal) are both on your BB and both are updated as you modify them on the bb.
    07-20-09 08:51 AM
    You're right, it's convoluted. I'm amazed there isn't a readily available piece of software that does bi-directional syncing. I'm coming from the Palm world, and this capability was a given.

Thanks,
    07-20-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD