Hello all,

After looking at the 50% off application, Beyond160, I was intrigued with the functionality with this app. Sounded like a great concept.

I loaded the trial on my Tour to see how thing thing worked. At first, I opened up an SMS text and typed in a couple characters, hit the BB menu button, and Beyond 160 was an option. I chose it and it successfully copied the text into the separate app with the ability to type more than 160 characters. Seemed great so far.

But unfortunately, I did some additional testing the way I would normally use this application. I typed a full 160 character text until I saw the dialog box "field is full." From here, I hit the BB menu button and chose the Beyond160 option. From here, it proceeded to highlight the text, and attempt to open the app. A box showed up saying "spelling check cancelled" and that was it. The app was frozen.

I had to reset my phone, both soft reset and hard reset and tried the app again. No luck, freezes every time I try using the app to its intended use.

Anyone else having these issues?
    08-18-09 11:59 PM
    Mine worked flawlessly on my Curve and now on my tour. Check your options. I have the first two (use alternative...) checked. Then the next two unchecked and the rest checked. Try that way, it works fine for me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 12:20 AM
    Are those default settings? Because I didn't change anything. And where are these at?
    08-19-09 12:22 AM
    Click on the app-look in the Downloads folder. Then hit the BB button and click on Options. Can't remember if these are default or not. Give them a try!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 12:30 AM
    same results... argh

Using the same settings as you and they were saved as well.
    08-19-09 12:37 AM
    I want to but beyond 160 I selected to add to my cart and the price is showing up as 6.99 does the discount show up after you've made the purchase or did I simply miss out?? It says you can buy until midnight. I'm on the west coast its not midnight here yet. I am wondering if the company many be on the east coast?
    08-19-09 01:12 AM
    I believe its midnight CST...
    08-19-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD