Is anybody using this on a Storm 2?
    doesn't work. have to wait for an OS update
    12-10-09 02:12 PM
    anyone test on the s2 with the new leak .428 yet?
    12-14-09 11:13 PM
    do you get charged everytime you use this app? or is it just a one time fee?
    01-08-10 08:12 PM
    I received an e-mail from them saying we have to wait for an update.

AND

Below Me
    it's a 1 time fee - well worth it!
    01-11-10 12:29 PM
    GeekyDad,

I downloaded Beyond160 for my BB and I have yet got it to work. I went through the permissions and changed them all to Allow then saved and did a reset by pulling the battery. Then when I started Beyond160 back up it said that the permissions needed to be changed and that the Keystroke Injections, and the Security Timer Reset are both currently set to deny. However, when I click on deny it doesn't give me the option to change it to allow. What should I do?
    01-20-10 01:14 AM
    Just got a Storm 2....can't believe my old Motorola Q would do this automatically.....anyone have this working on Storm 2 yet?
    01-21-10 03:17 PM
    i keep downloading it but i keep getting a pop up that says:uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException. can anyone help?
    02-04-10 05:43 PM
    i keep downloading it but i keep getting a pop up that says:uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException. can anyone help?
    Have you tried rebooting yet?
    02-04-10 09:58 PM
    Please post any news on the fix for Beyond160 to work with OS 5.0. Really miss it! Beyond160 was on of it not the most useful app I ever installed.
    02-06-10 01:26 PM
    I thought Beyond160 would be the answer for me but not so. I am on Bell Canada network with a BB Curve 8330 and tried it for the trial period. Seems bell has a limit of 140 characters for SMS so when field is full and I switch to Beyond160, it shows that I have 20 characters left before the second message. What happens is that all of part 2 doesn't show up on the reveiving end. Can't figure why Bell limits to 140. I know I can use MMS but a lot of my contacts have Iphones and the two don't talk well together. Any advice other than switching service providers? I love the concept of Beyond160 though.

I was contacted some time last week about testing out a new app. I got the chance to test it out last night for the creator. Tons of people have been complaining about not being able to type past 160 on SMS. Well now we have an app for that! There is a free trial so test it out and if you like it then pay the pocket change! I hope you all like it!
    02-07-10 10:19 AM
    Has this app Been Fixed for the storm2?
    04-13-10 11:53 AM
    is this ever gonna get updated to work with 5.0 or should we just figure the developer just gave up.
    04-13-10 12:08 PM
    Pretty sure they bailed - on to Textender!
    04-13-10 12:15 PM
    I know. It's such a shame it doesn't work with 5.0. I really loved this app and hated to uninstall it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 12:16 PM
    is this ever gonna get updated to work with 5.0 or should we just figure the developer just gave up.

Yes. There will be an updated to Beyond160 for OS 5. Unfortunately, there's a couple of bugs in OS 5 surrounding the new threaded SMS, and these bugs are preventing Beyond160 from working. RIM has confirmed this, and has let me know an OS fix is coming. Textender does not work the same as Beyond160, and I'm not willing to release a crippled version of Beyond160 on OS 5, which is what it would be while these bugs still exist in the OS. The headache RIM and OS 5 has caused me is more than I can put into words.

Once RIM has fixed these bugs, all customers will be notified, and a free update will be released.
    04-16-10 12:38 PM
    That's good to hear, GD, especially since I love Beyond160. Any idea how progress is coming along?
    05-08-10 11:24 AM
    ===== QUOTE coolbreezy ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Yes. There will be an updated to Beyond160 for OS 5. Unfortunately, there's a couple of bugs in OS 5 surrounding the new threaded SMS, and these bugs are preventing Beyond160 from working. RIM has confirmed this, and has let me know an OS fix is coming. Textender does not work the same as Beyond160, and I'm not willing to release a crippled version of Beyond160 on OS 5, which is what it would be while these bugs still exist in the OS. The headache RIM and OS 5 has caused me is more than I can put into words.

Once RIM has fixed these bugs, all customers will be notified, and a free update will be released.
    I am glad to hear this, I miss my beyond 160. But it is nice of rim to finally fix this on OS 5, just in time for OS 6, and knowing RIM it will not work right again.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-08-10 12:04 PM
    Hey Gang,

You can start using a Beyond160 beta update I've been working-on for OS 5. Just download it from here:

http://www.cannonsoft.com/bb/beta/4.7/Beyond160.jad

Because of changes RIM has made to their SMS app in OS 5, it is no longer possible to send through their built-in SMS app. That means the messages you send from Beyond160 will not be displayed in your conversation thread of the built-in SMS application. Instead, Beyond160 will log them to your regular messages Inbox as an outgoing message. It will appear as an email that was sent, but it is actually a copy of the text message sent from Beyond160. You can also resend from there, like you can from the SMS app, by choosing "Go Beyond160" from the menu. Let me know how it works for you.

If you use QuickText, too, you can also get the latest beta update here:

http://www.cannonsoft.com/bb/beta/4.7/QuickText.jad

Let me know if you have any questions.
    06-21-10 10:12 PM
    I remember the older one you could start typing the message and if thy message went over 160 we could open thr side menu and select GO 160 and it would convert is to thy beyond 160 screen. I don't see this option on the beta. Is it possible?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-21-10 11:03 PM
    I remember the older one you could start typing the message and if thy message went over 160 we could open thr side menu and select GO 160 and it would convert is to thy beyond 160 screen. I don't see this option on the beta. Is it possible?
    Yes. It's there. If you're not seeing it after install, try rebooting.
    06-21-10 11:07 PM
    Thanks for the update. I was missing this app after coming from my previous BlackBerry.
    07-01-10 04:00 PM
    After the trial period ran out, it broke my mms. I can no longer send mms messages. I even tried removing beyond160. MMS worked fine before beyond160. Beyond160 worked great during the trial period. I was about to buy it when I ran into this issue. Any ideas on what to do? I don't want to buy it and still have things not working.

Thanks
    11-18-10 10:52 AM
    I have the Blackberry Style 9670 and when I hit the menu button (while in reply mode) it does not show the Beyond 160 tab. Any suggestions?
    11-30-10 06:56 PM
    Im going to post this here and on the Beyond 160 site. this program is a POS. I have a BB Tour. The text do not go through in sequence, some do not get sent at all. The Beyond 160 app-icon does not appear on the BB menu. If a standard sms text is longer than 160, it does not appear on the 160 screen, nor does it send. you must re type it, because copy and paste does not work. I have un installed it, re installed it, did a battery pull, changed the code, bought the app a second time, and the bottom line? NO tech- or customer service assistance. Do not waste your money!!
    01-18-11 11:36 AM
    Well what you're saying is true when I was on os5. You just had to get used to how it worked but it was in the menu, however paste didn't work which was a real pain. Now that I have upgraded to os6 it isn't in the menu but paste now magically works. So if I get into a message that is going over I copy it, go open Beyond 160, paste & continue. It works fine that way for me. Now, doesn't work as advertised for sure but in all fairness os6 may be beyond it a bit but for me it is very useful as I go over regularly.
    01-18-11 02:31 PM
225 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD