I was contacted some time last week about testing out a new app. I got the chance to test it out last night for the creator. Tons of people have been complaining about not being able to type past 160 on SMS. Well now we have an app for that! There is a free trial so test it out and if you like it then pay the pocket change! I hope you all like it!

You can go to www.cannonsoft.com and download the free trial.

Beyond160
    Features:
    Field full? Simply hit Menu --> Go Beyond160 and continue typing as much as you want.
    Make your message as long as you want and Beyond160 will automatically send it in multiple parts with the appropriate markers... (1/3), (2/3), (3/3).
    Sent messages will go to your normal Outbox.
    Saved drafts will go to your normal Inbox.
    Send to one recipient, multiple recipients, or even contact groups you've created.
    If you're tired of re-wording your text to try and make it fit... If you're tired of creating another message just to finish your thoughts... If you're tired of switching to MMS and not knowing if they'll receive it... Then get Beyond160 and experience the freedom!
    Beyond160 will also work with QuickText, if installed, so try them both for the ultimate in texting efficiency.
    Fully Operational 14 Day Trial Period
    PLEASE NOTE - Each message part is just like a normal SMS text message sent from your BlackBerry. So, if you don't have an unlimited text messaging plan, then carrier charges may apply. For example... If you type a message that is 350 characters long, Beyond160 will send it in 3 parts, which is the same as sending 3 individual text messages.
    Minimum Requirements:
    For for BlackBerry Bold, Curve, Pearl, 88xx/87xx
    BlackBerry OS 4.2
    For for BlackBerry Storm
    BlackBerry OS 4.7

Also there is another app that is pretty cool called QuickText.
    Features:
    Add John to your QuickText list, then simply press "Q" for QuickText and "J" for John. That's it!
    Storm users, just tap their name!
    Access QuickText by pressing the Q key, a Convenience Key, or simply clicking the QuickText icon. (The Q key requires a full QWERTY keypad, and the "Dial From Home Screen" option set to "No". Not available on the Storm.)
    Assign a contact to any character on your keypad, including letters, numbers, or symbols.
    Assign any contact from your Address Book with the press of a key.
    Not on your QuickText list? Simply press the SPACE key to choose anyone from your Address Book, or ALT+SPACE to enter the number for a one-time use. (aka. Use Once)
    Need to call instead of text? Just select them and press the Send key. Great for Storm users!
    If you text people daily, then QuickText is a must! Try it for yourself and see!
    Fully Operational 14 Day Trial Period
    QuickText will also work with Beyond160, if installed, so try them both for the ultimate in texting efficiency.
    Minimum Requirements:
    For for BlackBerry Bold, Curve, Pearl, 88xx/87xx
    BlackBerry� OS 4.2 or Higher
    For for BlackBerry Storm
    BlackBerry� OS 4.7 or Higher
    Last edited by pkcable; 05-05-09 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Titled changed per OP request. :)
    05-05-09 07:25 AM
    Hallelujah! I'm checking this out right now! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 10:14 AM
    You are welcome! I hope you like it!

I know once I downloaded it and started messing around with it, there was just no going back!
    05-05-09 10:22 AM
    is there an option where it will always be set on 160+ characters? instead of having to goto menu?
    05-05-09 10:45 AM
    Doesn't MMS messaging let you do more than 160? something like 1,000?

is there some downside to it?
    05-05-09 11:30 AM
    Doesn't MMS messaging let you do more than 160? something like 1,000?

is there some downside to it?
    On sprint, unless you have a new MEID device, you cant send direct MMS messages. The go to the recipient as a link they have to click on.
    05-05-09 11:34 AM
    I've had QuickText for quite some time and I've loved it; it's definitely one of my favorite apps.

05-05-09 11:35 AM
    As dumb as this sounds, I don't seem to have an issue with the 160 character limit. Everyone gets my lengthy texts and I tested it on myself and I get my own lengthy texts. Am I really missing something?

05-05-09 11:50 AM
    Very cool app but there is no "Beyond160" tab as menu selection in message inbox.It would be nice to have such tab ,click it taking you to address book ,choose contact then app opens.

grrr freaking double post sorry.
    05-05-09 11:51 AM
    Yea MMS lets you go over 160, but there are still people that do not currently have MMS like iphones for example. One of my good friends has an iphone so i have no choice but to send him a SMS and now it can go over 160.

To Sling you must first press reply and then hit the BB button and there will be a button that says Beyond160.
    05-05-09 12:17 PM
    is there an option where it will always be set on 160+ characters? instead of having to goto menu?
    all you would have to do is always hit the icon for the app and that will automatically make it be 160+
    have you downloaded the free trial yet?
    05-05-09 12:23 PM
    Yea MMS lets you go over 160, but there are still people that do not currently have MMS like iphones for example. One of my good friends has an iphone so i have no choice but to send him a SMS and now it can go over 160.

To Sling you must first press reply and then hit the BB button and there will be a button that says Beyond160.
    Or you could just Email him, if you both have smartphones. I prefer email over texting anyways...texting charges are so ridiculously expensive and overpriced.
    05-05-09 12:39 PM
    I was getting excited til I read that it still will send it to the recipient broken down into parts. It's good that it eliminates the sender from having to start up again simply to continue one sms but since it still gets broken down on the receiver's end.......what's the point?

Have to admit, though, that the "field full" thing drives me mental.
    05-05-09 12:57 PM
    Using the trial now and waiting on Mobihand (who's been having major issues lately) to fix their store so that I can purchase. Rather than using the icon, I just added Beyond160 to Quicklaunch which opens a new SMS. Woot.
    05-05-09 01:06 PM
    Really like this program but can't see myself paying $7 for it.
    05-05-09 01:13 PM
    Really like this program but can't see myself paying $7 for it.
    ACtually if Mobihand would fix their friggin store, you can grab it for $4.99 with this code: BRBEYOND160LAUNCH.
    05-05-09 01:19 PM
    omg i'm getting this now.... WOOHOO!
    05-05-09 01:28 PM
    um it SEEMED cool but when i checked the SMS i sent, it CUT OFF at 160 even though it let me type beyond it.

This isn't so great even though it seemed so when I was typing into 2 messages.... my friends only got 1 of 2, and it cut in mid sentence.

update: 1 person got the 2nd message a min later... the first person never got the 2nd message.

this is very unstable and i think i will not purchase it.
    Last edited by MysticMoonstone; 05-05-09 at 01:52 PM.
    05-05-09 01:32 PM
    very good info ambz
    im so proud (wipes tear)
    05-05-09 02:04 PM
    um it SEEMED cool but when i checked the SMS i sent, it CUT OFF at 160 even though it let me type beyond it.

This isn't so great even though it seemed so when I was typing into 2 messages.... my friends only got 1 of 2, and it cut in mid sentence.

update: 1 person got the 2nd message a min later... the first person never got the 2nd message.

this is very unstable and i think i will not purchase it.
    This just gave me second thoughts...
    05-05-09 03:07 PM
    Or you could just Email him, if you both have smartphones. I prefer email over texting anyways...texting charges are so ridiculously expensive and overpriced.
    That's the problem I have...I don't have an option of emailing most of my contacts, they don't have smartphones and they can only accept text messages. Since my phone is a CDMA Curve, I can't text more than 160 characters. I'm definitely giving this program a shot, I hope it's stable and reliable.
    05-05-09 03:32 PM
    i have this installed and works well but im on telus and they have a 140cap not 160 so anyone who has this watch cause your stuff will be cut in half and some of the text will be missing, cant even contact the support cause the email is knocked off
    05-05-09 04:01 PM
    Love the app it's solving my messaging problems. Thank you
    05-05-09 06:55 PM
    Great application. Works great. Thanks!!!

05-05-09 07:58 PM
    Glad lots of you like the app.

Sorry to the folks that didn't even want to give it a spin or did and did not like it!
    05-05-09 08:12 PM
225 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD