Hey all
    So I have BeWeather and The Weather Channel app on my phone.
    I don't care which one looks better and all that, but which one do you all find more accurate?
    They are far apart...today TWC said 20% chance of rain...BeWeather said 70% and the local news cut it in half at 50%.
    Which one have you all found to be more accurate?
    05-17-12 08:14 PM
    rim free this soft.you can make key from simular when regist your acoun , rim for you key Berryweather

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    05-17-12 08:29 PM
    I don't trust any weather man/app 100% lol, but I do use BeWeather.

And it has been pretty accurate, can't really compare as I don't and haven't used the weather channel one

Sent from my BlackBerry Curve 9330 using Tapatalk. Team BlackBerry!
    05-17-12 08:35 PM
    Weather forecasting is a thankless job. Partly because anything that has to do with the future is essentially an educated guess.
    However, if the more beautiful graphics are not important to you then I suggest you consider the Weather Channel App because of the way it displays multiple days and you can just scroll for more "guesses".
    Another feature I really like about the TWC is that you can set it to place the daily forecast directly in your calendar (five days I believe) and this is handy if you are trying to plan a bike ride with a friend in a couple of days for example.
    This way you don't need to check two apps to do your planning. Just open you calendar and see the weather forecast and if you have that time open and you are all done.

I guess I don't care much about the pretty graphics, which BeWeather provides so I would vote for TWC. Maybe, BeWeather will update their app as well to provide this kind of integration someday as well.
    05-17-12 09:02 PM
    Beweather is an awesome app. The best weather app for BB and its free until end of the month.
    05-17-12 09:06 PM
    tried them all.....Beweather by far
    05-17-12 09:28 PM
    I found The Weather Channel app is better for Calgary, Canada. The windchill info is seldom wrong on BeWeather. It is NOT the apps fault because I wound it was same data on WeatherUnderground. The app's data provider is the issue.

So... While I like the background image based data, Weather Channel app is more accurate.

Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900
    05-17-12 10:13 PM
    Well, I have 3. Accuweather, TWC and BeWeather. The temp forecast is very similar, within 1-2 degrees of each other. When it comes to rain/snow/severe, etc. I check all 3 and see which 2 are similar or the closest to each other. Have found that is the best (maybe only ) way to forecast weather.
    harshadpatel likes this.
    05-17-12 10:25 PM
    In Beweather you can choose the best weather station for where you live.

This means you should hit the BB menu key and select "nearby weather stations" with some trial and error you will find which station has the most accurate weather for your location.

The only downside is that wunderground.com will allow anyone to report the weather with the proper equipment and some smaller stations, more likely like the one you are using, don't always send timely updates resulting in the N/A.

Generally, the airports, news/weather stations and local weather stations are the most reliable, but try them all out and see which works best for you.
    Azensun likes this.
    05-17-12 10:34 PM
    Why have a weather app taking up space and draining the battery:

Weather for Local and International Locations - AccuWeather.com

Just bookmark a local and add it to your favorites--you'll even get a nice little icon.
    05-17-12 11:25 PM
    I like Beweather better. I find that it is usually spot on. Never much cared for the Weather Channel. AccuWeather would be better named InAccuWeather. Intellicast is accurate on precipitation and usually as the temps listed lower by 2-5 degrees. Wunderground and WeatherBug are good also.
    05-18-12 02:54 AM
    sadly, the most accurate weather app, Accuweather, isn't ported to BB World yet but chances of rain will always be about whether you are at the spot where it rains when it falls, the bigger the spot the more chances you get soaked. But Clearly TWC has always been wrong in my area... So BEW
    05-18-12 05:29 AM
    Well, I have 3. Accuweather, TWC and BeWeather. The temp forecast is very similar, within 1-2 degrees of each other. When it comes to rain/snow/severe, etc. I check all 3 and see which 2 are similar or the closest to each other. Have found that is the best (maybe only ) way to forecast weather.
    Well i use all the three mentioned plus the jaredco app. I use the free version of Beweather and usually it is two to three hours behind the other apps in showing the current weather condition and for this reason i did not go for the full version ( dont know if it works fine on the full version). I agree with rcm1301 on checking all the apps and averaging the results
    05-18-12 06:25 AM
    I have BeWeather and the Weather Channel app.

I like BeWeather, but I have noticed multiple times that the app reports different things on my phone versus my wife's phone. We have everything set the same, station location, and all settings (I know for sure because I held them side by side and set them up the exact same), but we get various temp differences and forecasts.

But in the end, like a few have said, I use both and compare, but I normally trust TWC app more than BeWeather.
    05-18-12 06:42 AM
    I've tried most all of them but I like the paid version of Beweather the best. It's radar is way faster than anything else I've seen. Also when u open it the weather report is there, it doesn't have to go out to web everytime u open it.
    05-18-12 06:44 AM
    I use Accuweather, because BeWeather will not tell me how much rain to expect. Accuweather will tell me that it is going to rain 5mm, but BeWeather will just says 60% chance of rain. I need to know whether or not to expect 5mm or rain or 25mm of rain. If you dont like Accuweather I suggest The Weather Network. BeWeather is 3rd on the list.
    05-18-12 06:48 AM
    Thanks for all the replies!

I didn't know you can integrate TWC into your calendar. Ill have to check that out!
    But one thing I noticed on twc is if you check it on the internet, and on your phone, they are different. If you do it side by side like the other poster said, they are always different, especially in the hourly, which is weird since its coming from the same company.
    And I don't care if its taking up app memory, I don't have enough apps to fill my phone haha.
    There is one feature from be weather that I like, and that's that it puts the weather on the wallpaper (although I can just look outside! Haha) and I travel about 100 miles to different locations for work and it updates to where I am instead of just doing my home.

I guess ill keep doing the 2 that I have. Maybe ill try accuweather too (and maybe weatherbug) and see what I like the best. But ill probably just keep checking both.
    And it is such a guess. Especially in florida. Since we have water on 3 sides we have all the sea breezes and all, and noone knows what will really happen!
    Thanks for the input everyone.
    05-18-12 08:06 AM
    Weatherbiug was the best IMHO, but sadly I cannot find a .jad to load it on my 9930 (not supported). If anyone can provide a link to a .jad file, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Weatherbug was the only app I found that includes rainfaill. The others do not seem to offer it.

Now my go to app is Weather Channel
    05-18-12 08:41 AM
    BEWeather for the win. I've been frustrated with the glitchyness of all the others I've tried. It provides all the weather info I could ask for, and looks good to boot.
    05-18-12 09:18 AM
    I don't know about TWC, but BeWeather runs great over WiFi, which I like since I don't have an unlimited data plan.
    05-18-12 09:49 AM
    rim free this soft.you can make key from simular when regist your acoun , rim for you key Berryweather

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    This post comes across as an indictment of "Tapatalk".
    05-18-12 02:22 PM
    I like BeWeather, but for some reason it's not available on OS6 anymore. Only the free version. It worked before and now it doesn't. BeWeather is awesome though. Looks nice and is accurate. Since I can't use BeWeather, I use Weather Bug Elite, which is the full version of it. It works alright, but you have to open the app if you want to change "My Location" which is your location at the time. It won't automatically update where you are. You have to open the app for it to update. But it updates the weather every 15 minutes with the shortest time.
    05-18-12 09:18 PM
    This post comes across as an indictment of "Tapatalk".

Maybe I'm being dumb but I thought indictment was being charged with a serious crime.

But if you searched posts for tapatalk it came up because its his signature in tapatalk.
    05-18-12 09:25 PM
    Is there a WeatherBug version that works on BB OS 7.0/7.1. I used it on my 9800 and really liked it but can't find it for my 9810. So as a result I'm using BeWeather, which is okay.
    05-19-12 08:12 AM
    I've tried quite a bit of different weather apps and BeWeather just works for me.
    05-19-12 08:26 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD