I paid for BeWeather before it was free, (which really pisses me off, btw) and I have to say that for Los Angeles, it's kind of useless. I can be standing outside, not a cloud in the sky and it will tell me that it's currently overcast. If it can't even tell me what the CURRENT temp and conditions are, how is it going to tell me the future?

I HAD WeatherBug before on my 9700, and it was amazing. Both WeatherBug and BeWeather have live radar maps. The one on WeatherBug was dead on accurate. You could zoom in right to your location and see when the rain was going to start or stop. Not only can you NOT zoom as well with BeWeather, but it's not "LIVE". I've been in my car, in the rain, and their radar had no rain anywhere near me.

Now, am I asking too much of an app on my phone? No, I'm not because WeatherBug did it right... for free.
    05-19-12 01:07 PM
    Hey all
    So I have BeWeather and The Weather Channel app on my phone.
    I don't care which one looks better and all that, but which one do you all find more accurate?
    They are far apart...today TWC said 20% chance of rain...BeWeather said 70% and the local news cut it in half at 50%.
    Which one have you all found to be more accurate?
    Hi, I have both also and really TWC is more accurate, but Berry weather is just more fun to have on the screen.
    05-19-12 03:38 PM
    I wish we could zoom in on the map also.
    I have beweather set to update every 30 minutes and sometimes it goes for a few hours without updating which is annoying.

What I don't like about twc, like I said before, is that the phone and the internet have different hourly forecasts. I don't see why its not the same. Which one is right? If its pulling information from the same database, it should be the same.

On beweather you can add your own radar maps (if you know the url to one from your local news station, which most people don't) but I like that I can add it if I want to. I really do wish we could zoom in though.

If my local news station had a bb app, I would use it. But they only have android and apple product apps. Its BS.
    05-19-12 08:41 PM
    Maybe I'm being dumb but I thought indictment was being charged with a serious crime.

But if you searched posts for tapatalk it came up because its his signature in tapatalk.
    Since you know what "indictment" means, you've likely also heard of "hyperbole". My point was that the post to which I referred made no sense. Like it was written by a monkey. I gave the poster the benefit of the doubt, and chalked it up to deficiencies with tapatalk. Perhaps I was wrong.
    05-21-12 08:21 PM
    Sorry, litig8or98, this is your second post in this thread, but I didn't see any comments from you regarding "BeWeather vs The Weather Channel app"

You should be indicted on three counts: (1) for not posting relevant information, (2) for incorrect use of the word "indictment" and (3) for the use of the word "hyperbole".
    05-21-12 08:49 PM
    Sorry, litig8or98, this is your second post in this thread, but I didn't see any comments from you regarding "BeWeather vs The Weather Channel app"

You should be indicted on three counts: (1) for not posting relevant information, (2) for incorrect use of the word "indictment" and (3) for the use of the word "hyperbole".
    Okay...here's my third post...and I'll provide input to the question: in my view, the original question has no merit. This thread was started on the premise that the OP had both apps, so the question is not, which is the "better" app (which would have been a legitimate query, in my view), as the OP can judge for himself, but which is "more accurate". Again, a meaningless question. Unless one believes in magic, one has to accept that the forecasting of weather is based upon observation and prediction: an imperfect "science" at best. Some agencies will be more correct from time to time, but they will each have their due (or soon be out of business). And if it was possible that one forecasting agency was better than the others, that would most certainly be geographically specific in any event.

As for the use of "indictment", it was used properly. Indictment, like so many words, has more than one meaning, and it can also be used to suggest serious criticism...I'll leave it to you to look it up.

However, I do apologize for the use of "hyperbole", however as you can imagine, I had no idea that you disliked that word. For my part, I don't wish my vocabulary to be seen as pedestrian. (spoiler alert: like "indictment", "pedestrian" has more than one meaning. Thought I'd warn you before you wrote something silly).
    05-21-12 09:59 PM
    I like the radar graphics BeWeather has.
    05-21-12 11:38 PM
    I use WeatherBug.
    05-21-12 11:57 PM

Haha that was awesome thank you.

And to the other guy, my question does have merit. Yes some weather apps ARE better than others. Some update more frequently. Some have better radar systems, some have employees who have worked for the companies that they pull their information from longer. Some employees know the fronts and all better than others. So technically, it is still a guess, but some "guesses" are better than others.
    I wanted to know what people have experienced to be more accurate.

So you're obviously not contributing to this thread, so why even post here? Seriously?

Now back on track - yea be weather has better graphics like some have said, but I'm not too worried about the graphics.
    Once hurricane season rolls around, I wonder which one will have better hurricane tracking.
    05-22-12 06:57 AM
    I'm using tapatalk, so I didn't realize that user only has 26 posts lol. That explains a lot
    05-22-12 06:58 AM
    It comes down to which app I have least disgust for. I just spent two hours checking blogs and it boils down to "no one can really forecast the weather correctly". Also, I get a little frustrated that many make their calculations on the "best FREE apps" as best apps. I consider 9.99 almost free with my current subscription of BeWeather so I guess I'll stand fast with this app.
    I shall be concerned with avoiding the automatic renewal when I decide to change and when this subscription approaches renewal. The one thing I will say about BeWeather is that it is WeatherUnderGround based which I feel good about.
    06-03-12 08:39 AM
    I have the paid version of beweather also and I don't have to renew it.

I know before I said I don't care about the looks, but the looks and feel of beweather is nice.
    06-03-12 09:00 AM
    And you consider 9.99 almost free? I want your job.
    06-03-12 09:01 AM
    I just switched to using the Weather link in Poynt so I don't need to download another program. I use Poynt enough, and the weather is daily but not hourly.

It comes down to which app I have least disgust for. I just spent two hours checking blogs and it boils down to "no one can really forecast the weather correctly". Also, I get a little frustrated that many make their calculations on the "best FREE apps" as best apps. I consider 9.99 almost free with my current subscription of BeWeather so I guess I'll stand fast with this app.
    I shall be concerned with avoiding the automatic renewal when I decide to change and when this subscription approaches renewal. The one thing I will say about BeWeather is that it is WeatherUnderGround based which I feel good about.
    06-04-12 05:49 AM
    BeWeather is without doubt the best weather visualizing tool on a BlackBerry. It draws its data from Weather Underground www.wunderground.com.

You can therefore get the same data directly from the website. However what BeWeather does is to package the web data into a form that is easy to understand on a BlackBerry screen. It can do this for a number of different projections and locations.

If you use LBS Location then you can have one BeWeather page for you home area and another one on LBS that give you a weather display wherever you happen to be in the world.

I have tried them all and prefer BeWeather over all the rest.

Weather forecasting cannot, by its nature, be 100% accurate. The problem gets worse as you get more and more local. Eventually you get to be drawing data from one single weather station and are thus dependant upon this single point of measurement's accuracy. It is not therefore surprising that the OP got varying results from different programs, websites. Almost certainly he was seeing daya from two single but different data sources.

This is the big advantage the TV stations have. They draw their forecasts from many data sources (stations) and then say. The weather in Greesboro (or, wherever) will be...

They have a far wider spread of data sources to average.

The most accurate weather forecast I ever heard was from a friend of mine who said, "It will either rain or get dark before tomorrow."
    06-04-12 06:07 AM
    Does BeWeather pro have more than a 5 hour, hourly forecast? And if so how far in advance does it go? I've tried a few others and Accuweather was my favourite, but it loads way too slowly. BeWeather (free) loads quick and is almost perfect for my needs but I'd rather be able to see the whole day in the hourly forecast.

Thanks
    08-14-12 09:39 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD