What is the difference between

Buy BeWeather - BEST WEATHER APP 2010 - Download BeWeather - BEST WEATHER APP 2010 - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

and

Free BeWeather - Compliments of BlackBerry - Download BeWeather - Compliments of BlackBerry - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

The former is version 2.6.12, the later is 2.6.14, and only available on OS7 devices. Do I have to uninstall one to install the other? Note that the compliments one is different from the old free version, and is really a "paid" version, like the complimentary apps at the end of last year.
    Last edited by CharlesH; 03-06-12 at 05:33 PM.
    03-06-12 05:24 PM
    ......Adverts ?
    03-06-12 05:29 PM
    i think the one you purchase has more features than the free version as well
    03-06-12 05:36 PM
    They're both the paid, full version of BeWeather...
    03-06-12 05:41 PM
    i think the one you purchase has more features than the free version as well
    Note that there are THREE versions in Appworld: the original limited-feature free version, the "Best Weather App 2010" paid version, and "Compliments of Blackberry" "free until May 31" version.
    03-06-12 05:49 PM
    I installed the "complimentary" version, and it treated it as an upgrade to the "Best Weather App 2010" paid version. Don't know what's new, but at least the upgrade didn't seem to break anything. The "About" screen says that it has a correct license key.
    03-06-12 06:21 PM
    It's probably just a rebuild for the resubmission to appworld. They had to make a new product for the complimentary release.
    03-06-12 06:27 PM
    I noticed the new version number when I downloaded it today. papped might be right, it might be a rebuild, but whatever they did, it is DEFINITELY less of a memory leaker than my previous paid build, so I'm happy...
    03-06-12 07:35 PM
    I noticed the new version number when I downloaded it today. papped might be right, it might be a rebuild, but whatever they did, it is DEFINITELY less of a memory leaker than my previous paid build, so I'm happy...
    It may be different in AppWorld, but at least they set it up so that the installer on the phone identified it as an upgrade of an already-installed application.
    03-07-12 04:34 PM
    I downloaded the complimentary version and I can't get it to run. It keeps timing out when I try to do the first setup.
    03-07-12 10:19 PM
    Change the protocol that it uses to register the license. That or maybe Bellshare's registration servers are down.
    03-07-12 10:37 PM
    I'm not sure how to change the protocol. I've tried the free version as well with the same result. Even when I go into the menu to register it still times out.
    03-09-12 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD