I received an update to BeWeather - Compliments of Blackberry yesterday from v2.6.17 to v2.6.20. It stated that it was to fix minor bugs. I have not seen any improvements at this point, but if I notice anything, I will be sure to report back here.

Free BeWeather - Compliments of BlackBerry - Download BeWeather - Compliments of BlackBerry - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    05-23-12 06:53 AM
    minor bugs
    I'm guessing the memory leak for some on OS7.1 isn't a minor bug as it still leaks like a sieve
    05-23-12 07:22 AM
    I wonder why the paid version hasn't been updated yet...
    05-23-12 07:49 AM
    I looked at the 9.99 version on Blackberry.com and it is also showing v2.6.20.
    05-23-12 08:20 AM
    I'm still on .12! Aren't they supposed to alert you when an update is available?
    05-23-12 09:36 AM
    I'm still on .12! Aren't they supposed to alert you when an update is available?
    If you have the newest App World, the update notifications don't work unless you open up App World and go to My World.

Edit: I got the BeWeather update notification once I opened up My World.
    05-23-12 11:22 AM
    If you have the newest App World, the update notifications don't work unless you open up App World and go to My World.

Edit: I got the BeWeather update notification once I opened up My World.
    Yes, I never actually received a notification, I just happened to have went into App World and then went to My World and refreshed my list and the update came up.

I generally do this once or twice a week, just to see if anything has received an update since it doesn't appear that update notifications come anymore.
    05-23-12 11:40 AM
    Interesting. I have the paid version of the app. Never got an update notification, and after seeing a few people had gotten a new version I loaded app world and checked, no update showing when I went to my world and did a 'refresh'. Hoever when I browsed though appworld i found the app, it showed the updated version, I clicked download and after it started downloading asked me if I wished to replace my old version with the new version. So what's up with not getting automatic update notification, or seeing the update notification in my-world after doing the refresh?????

Added Note: I was on .12 as well.
    05-23-12 11:41 AM
    Yup, still leaks like a sieve...maybe a little worse than the earlier version...damnit.
    05-24-12 06:36 AM
    Yup, still leaks like a sieve...maybe a little worse than the earlier version...damnit.
    Up for 52 hours and down to 130MB from 170MB. It dropped to around 150MB like a rock the first day.

The funny (not) thing is that they admitted that there's some weirdness between BeWeather and OS7.1, yet shortly after that admission, BS' "follow me" page said "we have no reports of leaks." I dare say there's some real confusion over there.
    05-24-12 07:42 AM
    I've always had a memory leak on 7.1. I doubt it is BeWeather because I had no memory leak with 7.1.163 and BeWeather.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    05-24-12 08:43 AM
    I've always had a memory leak on 7.1. I doubt it is BeWeather because I had no memory leak with 7.1.163 and BeWeather.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    And yet the developer said there was a problem with BeWeather and 7.1.

Hard to prove since they've disbanded their support forum
    tryfe likes this.
    05-24-12 08:58 AM
    And yet the developer said there was a problem with BeWeather and 7.1.

Hard to prove since they've disbanded their support forum
    Yeah it is hard to prove... but I've just never had an issue with BeWeather for the past 3 years.

Oh well. In time we will find out. Hopefully.
    05-24-12 10:26 AM
    I updated to the .20 version on App World, from the previous version - after which my hourly battery discharge rate went from mid 3%'s to between 5-7%.

I have now gone back to the .12 version that you can get from Bellshare's website - it works fine, and has none of the battery drain and other problems that more recent versions seem to have.
    05-24-12 10:57 AM
    Still drains my ram..... bah!
    05-24-12 07:28 PM
    I have noticed with this update the Day/Night background now fills my screen. With .12 I always had white bars at top an bottom on my 9860. I didn't know about the memory leak though.
    05-30-12 06:56 AM
    I had to reinstall everything on my BB and have been reloading my apps. I have all my serial numbers but couldn't figure out where to put the number in Beweather. Where does it go?

I have emailed Bellshare numerous times over the last week and no response at all. Horrible Customer Support.

As a desperation measure I rebought Beweather, quick to charge me but that was the end of the response. I again emailed them and no response.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
    05-31-12 05:18 AM
    The code goes right next to the word code:, just start typing in the numbers and letters and you will see them come up in the black bar. As for the memory leak, I've been using BeWeather (BerryWeather) for years, and the memory leak that I've experienced is minimal. My memory dropped from 150mb to 147mb over a 8hr period, and I'm not even sure if BeWeather is the culprit. I suggest deleting the app for 24hrs and then reinstall and see if BeWeather was causing the memory leak instead of jumping to conclusions
    05-31-12 05:56 AM
    I had to reinstall everything on my BB and have been reloading my apps. I have all my serial numbers but couldn't figure out where to put the number in Beweather. Where does it go?

I have emailed Bellshare numerous times over the last week and no response at all. Horrible Customer Support.

As a desperation measure I rebought Beweather, quick to charge me but that was the end of the response. I again emailed them and no response.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
    Open BeWeather>Menu (BB button to the left of trackpad)>Register>Enter code
    05-31-12 06:47 AM
    I suggest deleting the app for 24hrs and then reinstall and see if BeWeather was causing the memory leak instead of jumping to conclusions
    This is exactly what others have done (including myself) countless times. I wish JasW would chime in here. The developer told him that they admitted there was an issue between 7.1 and BeWeather. The "pictures or it didn't happen" mentality around here amazes me sometimes, like we all have something to gain by lying...

My latest test with .391 and BeWeather got me from 173MB to under 100MB in 3 days. Without BeWeather, there is only a drop of a few MBs.
    05-31-12 07:37 AM
    This is exactly what others have done (including myself) countless times. I wish JasW would chime in here. The developer told him that they admitted there was an issue between 7.1 and BeWeather. The "pictures or it didn't happen" mentality around here amazes me sometimes, like we all have something to gain by lying...

My latest test with .391 and BeWeather got me from 173MB to under 100MB in 3 days. Without BeWeather, there is only a drop of a few MBs.
    When I did my test my memory drainage was no where near what you speak off, if so I would seriously reconsider using BeWeather on my 9930. It's amazing to me as well how much exaggeration I've seen in in the past three years I've been on Crackberry
    05-31-12 08:07 AM

I wish I knew what to tell you. I'm running OS .267 on my 9930 with the 2.6.12 version of BeWeather from the Bellshare site (as opposed to the one Bellshare offered in AppWorld as a freebie) and I don't have anywhere near the memory issues you do. I often wonder if these things are also impacted by what other things we have on our bbs. I'm not disputing what you're saying at all. I'm just saying for some reason, my experience is different.
    05-31-12 02:06 PM
    Running 7.1 and no leaks here.
    05-31-12 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD