I've been getting the http response code 400 since the weekend. Tried to deinstall and reinstall the application, which made no difference. It has a valid license. Any idea what could be causing this? I reported it to bellshare, but haven't received a response yet.
    03-11-13 01:16 PM
    I haven't had any issues on my end, 9850 on Verizon.
    Code 400 is normal an issue between you and the web server and not the website itself. So look for possible issues with your connection.
    Try switching to or from WiFi and Update(R) your Home Location in Beweather.
    03-11-13 01:37 PM
    I haven't had any issues on my end, 9850 on Verizon.
    Code 400 is normal an issue between you and the web server and not the website itself. So look for possible issues with your connection.
    Try switching to or from WiFi and Update(R) your Home Location in Beweather.
    Thanks for the reply. I tried the various network transport options and nothing works. It's dead, Jim. This is the only application on my phone that's not working.
    03-11-13 04:40 PM
    Did you try deleting your location then re-adding your location?
    03-11-13 05:29 PM
    Try this:
    Within Beweather, press your BB button.
    Scroll and choose Options then General Settings.
    In the Networking section, choose Auto. Press the BB button and Save.
    It should start working.

If it is already selected, try one of the others in the list and BB button/Save. Make sure you switch your phone to use those protocols after you have selected one (turn on WiFi for WiFi, radio for BIS, etc etc) to test to see if it will Update.

Failing that, I'm not sure what the issue could be.
    03-11-13 05:36 PM
    Try this:
    Within Beweather, press your BB button.
    Scroll and choose Options then General Settings.
    In the Networking section, choose Auto. Press the BB button and Save.
    It should start working.

If it is already selected, try one of the others in the list and BB button/Save. Make sure you switch your phone to use those protocols after you have selected one (turn on WiFi for WiFi, radio for BIS, etc etc) to test to see if it will Update.

Failing that, I'm not sure what the issue could be.
    The default setting is auto. That's the setting that originally stopped working. I tried all of the other options including going back to auto. Nothing works.
    03-11-13 05:40 PM
    Did you try deleting your location then re-adding your location?
    Tried that, thanks. Deinstalled the application, when it starts, there are no locations.
    03-11-13 05:41 PM
    Searchinf for/adding locations works?
    03-11-13 11:21 PM
    Searchinf for/adding locations works?
    Yes, they just won't update. I always get the error. Still no response from bellshare.
    03-11-13 11:53 PM
    Yes, they just won't update. I always get the error. Still no response from bellshare.
    Heheh, I think you did
    /points to pfluger --- Developer - Bellshare

I did think of one more thing that could be the issue, maybe something changed on your Permissions Defaults and your phone is not allowing Beweather to access something it needs to get the updates.
    Try Options then Device. Scroll to Application Management.
    Scroll to Beweather and BB button then choose Edit Permissions.
    Expand the + signs in front of the Connections, Interactions, and User Data.
    Take note of what each sub field is set too (Allow, Prompt, Deny)
    To see if it fixes, temporary set all to Allow and save. You may need to reboot the phone.
    If it does fix, then reviewing your notes, start switching each back to what it was, one at a time until it quits working again. Save between each switch (may take some time and reboots)
    If it doesn't fix, hopefully pfluger will be able to help better.

Good luck.
    03-12-13 09:16 AM
    Heheh, I think you did
    /points to pfluger --- Developer - Bellshare

I did think of one more thing that could be the issue, maybe something changed on your Permissions Defaults and your phone is not allowing Beweather to access something it needs to get the updates.
    Try Options then Device. Scroll to Application Management.
    Scroll to Beweather and BB button then choose Edit Permissions.
    Expand the + signs in front of the Connections, Interactions, and User Data.
    Take note of what each sub field is set too (Allow, Prompt, Deny)
    To see if it fixes, temporary set all to Allow and save. You may need to reboot the phone.
    If it does fix, then reviewing your notes, start switching each back to what it was, one at a time until it quits working again. Save between each switch (may take some time and reboots)
    If it doesn't fix, hopefully pfluger will be able to help better.

Good luck.
    Thanks for your reply. No changes were made to any application permissions. However, just to be sure, I verified that everything that I can allow, is allowed and has been all along. Beweather was working up to the weekend and then it simply stopped working. No new apps were installed, nothing else was changed. The last change was when I installed the latest OS, which was the week before. I'm having no problems with any other applications.
    03-12-13 09:42 AM
    This just started happening to me this week.

Saw the post about "auto" and changed to Wifi. I got updates! Change back to Auto and it failed again: HTTP Response code 400. I tried updating using each available update setting, Direct TCP/IP, BIS-B, WifI, and BES (MDS), and the only one that fails is BES.

Something changed at my office which is preventing BES from being able to connect to update. It seems that 2.7.12 for 7.0 is not "auto" trying one of the other transports.

That is odd!
    Last edited by jkurlanski; 05-12-13 at 10:04 AM.
    05-12-13 09:53 AM