10-25-12 09:53 AM
35 12
tools
    Agree. When I got the uncaught exception before, the app still worked but I swear there was a battery drain. NOW, the app just hangs and is constantly "updating" my default location and doesn't show the other 3 locations. I get a no data. Nada. And still notice the batt drain.

Also just checked the bellshare site for the update pfluger mentioned that proposes to fix the issue and it is still not available for download.

I need to uninstall this app until there is a fix...app isn't working for me now anyway.
    09-27-12 12:38 AM
    Agree. When I got the uncaught exception before, the app still worked but I swear there was a battery drain. NOW, the app just hangs and is constantly "updating" my default location and doesn't show the other 3 locations. I get a no data. Nada. And still notice the batt drain.

Also just checked the bellshare site for the update pfluger mentioned that proposes to fix the issue and it is still not available for download.

I need to uninstall this app until there is a fix...app isn't working for me now anyway.
    I find that BeWeather only hangs on its first update after a battery pull. Rebooting with ALT+RSHIFT+DEL brings it back. Yes, there's still an error upon boot, but BeWeather works.
    Last edited by hytran; 09-27-12 at 08:39 AM.
    09-27-12 08:37 AM
    After a few days of using the latest Core update I find I now not only get the Uncaught Exception every time I reboot but BeBuzz continues to revert me back to the Free version and I have to go thru the license switch yet again. Small annoyances to be sure but annoyances all the same.
    09-27-12 04:25 PM
    If anybody want BeBuzz v5.0.24 which will not give you any error every time you do a battery pull, then you can download the file here.
    hytran likes this.
    09-27-12 08:47 PM
    The exception should definitely be coming from the non-Core version of BeBuzz. What could happen is if you switched from non-Core to Core, some of the BeBuzz libraries that cause the exception might have remained on the device.

Try this: Install the latest 5.0.91 non-Core from AppWorld (we just released the update today). This should update all the libraries. Does the exception still happen?

After that you may revert back to the Core version.
    Pfluger - When upgraded my OS to ATT's official last weekend, I did a complete wipe and then reloaded only the apps I wanted....never had the non-Core version installed and still got the exception. Installed Core, then Berryweather. Not sure if this helps with your troubleshooting or not. Please do keep us posted.
    10-01-12 11:46 PM
    Did a battery pull this morning and once again got the "uncaught exception" message. I hope this can be corrected soon!
    10-12-12 08:26 AM
    Just wanted to let everyone know that a new version of Berryweather is now on the Bellshare site....version 2.7.12. I just installed it and rebooted and the uncaught exception is GONE. Yay!! Thanks pfluger.
    10-23-12 11:49 PM
    Thanks chautime. I totally forgot to post in this thread to let everyone know that 2.7.12 should have fixed the exception.
    Last edited by pfluger; 10-24-12 at 09:53 PM.
    chautime likes this.
    10-23-12 11:51 PM
    Yay! The update totally fixed the uncaught exception for me. Thank you!!
    10-24-12 07:11 PM
    Yep, definitely fixed the exception.

Still leaks like a sieve, though...
    10-25-12 09:53 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD