I upgraded to the new BeWeather .22 version. I immediately got an Uncaught exception: object exists error. So I uninstalled Beweather, then did a batt pull. Reinstalled the app and then did another batt pull. Got the error again. So I uninstalled the app, did a batt pull, searched for beweather files and manually deleted them, then did another batt pull. Reinstalled the app and did another batt pull. Still the same problem.

How do I completely remove BeWeather so I don't get the uncaught exception???? Can someone from Bellshare tell me exactly how to remove all the files so I can do a clean install? I think that's the only way I can get this app installed.....never had a problem with the previous version.

I have to uninstall the app because if I leave it with the error, it drains the battery quickly.

HELP!
    08-02-12 10:43 PM
    The error you are getting is a known error which seems to happen on newer OS builds.

It is only cosmetical and should not effect your battery usage or any other of your phone's or BeWeather's functionality.

We are working on a fix.
    08-03-12 12:59 PM
    Thanks. By the way, my OS is 7.0.0.576 which is FAR from a newer OS build.
    08-03-12 09:57 PM
    Running 7.1.0.569 on my 9810 and BE 2.6.22, the uncaught exception is NOT happening. Not really sure what pfluger is talking about.
    08-03-12 10:39 PM
    Yeah thankfully I'm not getting the error on my 9930 running 7.1.0.580 either.
    08-03-12 10:55 PM
    Strange, we had only seen this on later 7.1 builds. We are working on it.
    08-03-12 11:28 PM
    I upgraded to the new BeWeather .22 version. I immediately got an Uncaught exception: object exists error. So I uninstalled Beweather, then did a batt pull. Reinstalled the app and then did another batt pull. Got the error again. So I uninstalled the app, did a batt pull, searched for beweather files and manually deleted them, then did another batt pull. Reinstalled the app and did another batt pull. Still the same problem.

How do I completely remove BeWeather so I don't get the uncaught exception???? Can someone from Bellshare tell me exactly how to remove all the files so I can do a clean install? I think that's the only way I can get this app installed.....never had a problem with the previous version.

I have to uninstall the app because if I leave it with the error, it drains the battery quickly.

HELP!
    Do you have BeBuzz on the phone, too?
    08-03-12 11:30 PM
    I was wondering that too cuz I got the error with the latest BeBuzz so I switched to Core, which is working great!
    08-04-12 10:00 AM

Yes, I have BeBuzz as well. BeBuzz version 5.0.65

Let me know if you need me to test something. Happy to help.

Thanks.
    08-04-12 11:07 AM
    I was wondering that too cuz I got the error with the latest BeBuzz so I switched to Core, which is working great!
    Good to know, I'm going to try this. Thanks!
    08-04-12 11:11 AM
    Pfluger - FYI, Chrysalis' suggestion above worked for me. I uninstalled Bebuzz .65 and installed Core. I then installed BeWeather and there's no more error. Looks like a compatibility issue with the latest full BeBuzz version. Hope that helps in your troubleshooting.
    08-04-12 01:00 PM
    Pfluger - I just upgraded to 7.1.0.694 (ATT official) and am getting this uncaught exception again. When I upgraded I also upgraded to bebuzz core 5.0.91 for os 7.1. Have the same/latest version of beweather. Any update on whether this uncaught exception error can be resolved?

Another thing I noticed is that I only get the error when I do a battery pull. If I do a soft boot (alt-shift-del), I do NOT get the error. This is very consistent behavior....
    09-22-12 09:08 PM
    I just updated to the latest BeBuzz Core and am back to getting the Uncaught Exception error again as well, even if I do a soft reset. Hoping this at least fixes the problem I was having with BeBuzz repeatedly reverting to the Free version. Putting the license code in again always fixes it but it's definitely annoying. If not, I now have two annoying problems.
    09-23-12 02:19 PM
    What I've noticed about the uncaught exception is that I always get it after a battery pull but never after a "soft" reboot.

Looking at the log (ALT+LGLG) there are a zillion errors, all stemming from this uncaught exception.

Best I can tell, BeWeather is trying to update before all the connections (wifi or radio?) are ready. I don't see an error in there for BeBuzz. Unless one begets the other

Unfortunately, without working with the end users (or even beta testers - whatever happened to that?), Bellshare can only try and reproduce things on a simulator, not on real hardware/software.
    09-23-12 02:50 PM
    What I've noticed about the uncaught exception is that I always get it after a battery pull but never after a "soft" reboot.

Looking at the log (ALT+LGLG) there are a zillion errors, all stemming from this uncaught exception.

Best I can tell, BeWeather is trying to update before all the connections (wifi or radio?) are ready. I don't see an error in there for BeBuzz. Unless one begets the other

Unfortunately, without working with the end users (or even beta testers - whatever happened to that?), Bellshare can only try and reproduce things on a simulator, not on real hardware/software.
    I'm starting to think one does beget the other because I had the error before the previous BeBuzz update and after updating, it stopped. Just updated to the latest BeBuzz and now I've got Uncaught Exception again. Love BeWeather & BeBuzz but am getting so frustrated
    09-23-12 04:06 PM
    I'm starting to think one does beget the other because I had the error before the previous BeBuzz update and after updating, it stopped. Just updated to the latest BeBuzz and now I've got Uncaught Exception again. Love BeWeather & BeBuzz but am getting so frustrated
    Interesting thought. Here I thought it might've been an interaction with the later 7.1 releases, but you're probably right.

Isn't this the cue for someone to pop in here and tell us to all use AOS instead?
    09-23-12 04:16 PM
    Lol! Actually I'm surprised they haven't already. I wish "someone" would pop in here and say "We're aware of the issue and an update will be posted soon - problem solved. Have a nice day!"
    09-23-12 04:31 PM
    Lol! Actually I'm surprised they haven't already. I wish "someone" would pop in here and say "We're aware of the issue and an update will be posted soon - problem solved. Have a nice day!"
    Let's give pfluger a couple days. Maybe he'll get it fixed soon! I love both BeBuzz and BeWeather too! Tried AOS many times and keep going back to BeBuzz. Can't get the hang of AOS. And I just LOVE the toast feature in bebuzz. I don't want a ugly popup box with a bunch of options, just want an unobtrusive toast. It's perfect.
    09-24-12 02:19 AM
    The exception should definitely be coming from the non-Core version of BeBuzz. What could happen is if you switched from non-Core to Core, some of the BeBuzz libraries that cause the exception might have remained on the device.

Try this: Install the latest 5.0.91 non-Core from AppWorld (we just released the update today). This should update all the libraries. Does the exception still happen?

After that you may revert back to the Core version.
    09-24-12 02:41 AM
    I would try this, but my purchased copy of BeBuzz didn't come from App World, thus I rely on the Bellshare site for my updates, which appears to only have 5.0.65 non-Core available.
    Last edited by hytran; 09-24-12 at 08:14 AM.
    09-24-12 03:19 AM
    Thanks for the response. I also didn't purchase my copy from AppWorld and download from the Bellshare site...
    09-24-12 09:09 AM
    Thanks for the response. I also didn't purchase my copy from AppWorld and download from the Bellshare site...
    Did not buy from appworld either. Can't recall if I went direct or through mobihand, which closed it's doors recently...much to my suprise.
    09-25-12 01:21 AM
    I'm on AT&T and did the official OS update last week. I've had this error with BeWeather several times now, and I do not have BeBuzz installed on my 9900. From previous posts it seems that BeBuzz is the problem, but that can't be the case for me. I do agree though that it seems to happen only when I do a battery pull. Hope this information helps in finding a solution, and hopefully a fix can be released soon!
    09-25-12 10:19 AM
    Well, my event log shows the following at the moment:

Name: IllegalArgumentException
    GUID: 9c3cd62e3320b498
    Time: Sep 25, 2012 11:34:18
    object already exists
    net_rim_cldc-11(50388021)
    ApplicationRegistry
    put
    0x5200
    net_rim_cldc-13(50388021)
    RuntimeStore
    put
    0x6C9C
    berryweatherbbm(4F4FBE5C)
    BBMBridge
    setInstance
    0xFC
    berryweatherbbmlib(4F50C9B2)
    BBMBridgeImpl
    libMain
    0x780

And on the very next reboot...

Name: IllegalArgumentException
    GUID: 9c3cd62e3320b498
    Time: Sep 25, 2012 08:25:41
    object already exists
    net_rim_cldc-11(50388021)
    ApplicationRegistry
    put
    0x5200
    net_rim_cldc-13(50388021)
    RuntimeStore
    put
    0x6C9C
    berrybuzzbbm(50554789)
    BBMBridge
    setInstance
    0xB2
    berrybuzzbbmlib(50556440)
    BBMBridgeImpl
    libMain
    0x30E

Looks like perhaps BOTH apps have this issue. Again, I'm betting this is something one might only see in the real world, not on a simulator...
    Last edited by hytran; 09-25-12 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Updated info...
    09-25-12 11:54 AM
    I'm on Verizon's 7.1.0.580 running the latest BeWeather and I'm getting the uncaught exception error. I'm not running BeBuzz. It's very frustrating. We need a fix soon.
    09-26-12 09:09 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD