Recently, my area had a rain, thunder & lightening, and wind event come through. Trees down in many areas, power out in large areas, etc. Earlier that Friday BeWeather shot me the advisory. Now, I don't get any other advisories (even though we have heat and air quality issues) and the National Weather Service site has issued heat and air quality advisories. BeWeather only gives me advisories now after a phone reboot and those are for last Friday's massive storm. I'm wondering if the issue is on my phone or somewhere before the alerts get to me? I don's see anything to let me clear the BeWeather data and start fresh. Beyond uninstalling and reinstalling, any suggestions? Thanks.
    07-07-12 03:45 AM
    I'm actually having the exact same issue and its driving me crazy...
    07-07-12 07:07 AM
    I'm having the same issue too. I live about a 1/2 hr south of you kraski, and everytime my phone reboots I get the same "Severe Thunderstorm Watch" advisory from last Friday night. I've tried deleting and re installing BeWeather, and nothing seems to work.
    07-07-12 08:15 AM
    thought it was just me. i am having the same issue. advisories from 1-2 weeks ago are be sent to me, but not the current heat advisories
    07-07-12 09:50 AM
    Me too so I finally disabled the advisory for the time being. May try again later.
    07-07-12 10:51 AM
    I have the same problem had heat advisory from 6/30/12-that is the same one i get when i reboot . Wonder whats going on
    07-07-12 02:06 PM
    Thanks for the input. I'm going to try Accuweather. It's free. Haven't had any new incoming alerts, but it's supposed to have weather alert popups. And the alert icon on the forecast page opens a box that show the correct alert types with a button to open the browser to the more detailed alerts, which are also correct. Which tells me the issue is with BeWeather or the transport Bellshare uses to get the alerts.
    Last edited by kraski; 07-07-12 at 03:21 PM.
    07-07-12 03:19 PM
    One of the people in my BBM group suggested switching BeWeather from Auto to BIS-B. So, I uninstalled Accuweather, reinstalled BeWeather, set it to BIS-B, rebooted the phone.
    Bingo! Up to date alerts!
    bgriff25 likes this.
    07-07-12 07:58 PM
    One of the people in my BBM group suggested switching BeWeather from Auto to BIS-B. So, I uninstalled Accuweather, reinstalled BeWeather, set it to BIS-B, rebooted the phone.
    Bingo! Up to date alerts!
    Thanks. That worked!
    07-07-12 08:27 PM
    I didn't change anything on mine and all of a sudden it fixed itself today after a reboot. Was getting the same old alerts since June 29 before today.
    07-07-12 09:03 PM
    I didn't change anything on mine and all of a sudden it fixed itself today after a reboot. Was getting the same old alerts since June 29 before today.
    So it's maybe we're geniuses or maybe not.
    07-07-12 09:10 PM
    mine is working right again also after a reboot last night-glad to see that it is fixed!!!!
    07-08-12 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD