I have noticed that over the last few days, my BeWeather is not updating automatically.

I am running a 9650 Bold on Verizon, 5.0.0.975 and BeWeather 2.6.12 (full licensed version)

I have done the following:

Battery pull.
    Deleted home location. Selected new home location.
    Selected different local weather stations, usually airports if possible.
    Changed update frequency from 2 hours to 1.5 hours.

The only thing left is to uninstall the app, and re install it again. Anyone else having this issue?
    08-06-12 11:01 AM
    Make sure your data is turned on.

Believe it or not, I had this problem this past weekend. Saturday morning, BeWeather suddenly wasn't updating. I kept getting an "update failed" message. Yet, everything else seemed to work - browsing, other apps, I wasn't sure what the problem was.

Digging deeper, I noticed that my mobile data setting was turned off. Wifi was still on and connected to my router, so I was still getting the BIS symbol next to wifi symbol. Then I remembered that earlier in the morning, I had my phone in my pocket, and at one point, I took it out and saw that the network option screen was open (the top of the home screen opens the network options and is constantly opening up by accident in my pocket). While taking it out, my finger must have brushed over the data option and turned it off without realizing it. I turned it back on and BeWeather came back.

Interesting though, BeWeather has the transport set to "Auto", yet, it wasn't picking up the wifi like the other apps were doing. Even with BIS going over wifi. Maybe it's a bug.
    08-06-12 12:18 PM
    Data is active. I am receiving email, browsing, etc. Wifi is off, BB symbol still shows.

I am not seeing the update failed message. If I open BeWeather, it will just say last updated 6 hours ago, or whenever I last manually updated it.
    08-06-12 12:50 PM
    Well, it was a long shot.

Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions. Mine is updating regularly (set for 15 minutes).
    08-06-12 03:12 PM
    Advise to use Weatherplus, the latest version is 3.2.0

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-06-12 03:56 PM
    When that happens to me it's because of the weather station I have chosen. One of my favorite weather stations sometimes does not update. I then change to another weather station in my area and everything is fine. Sometimes my favorite weather station will be down for hours and even down for a few days.

In the options>general settings> my network transport is set to "auto". My GPS/Cell Location is set at "cell location only (recommended). I have mine set to update every 1 hour. Looks like you did everything possible. Not sure what else to tell you.
    Last edited by Mojave; 08-06-12 at 04:17 PM.
    08-06-12 04:09 PM
    Well, I did another battery pull, and I noticed that all of the weather stations had changed. I selected my normal airport station, and it seems to be working again.
    08-06-12 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD