Hi all,

I updated my BB 9630 to OS 5.0.0.419. I'm with Bell and used the OS posted on the blog. I know it's not a signed version but it's all fine and I love it.

But since I upgraded and cannot get BeWeather to work. Everytime I try to install it and launch it, it's giving this error:

"The application has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy."

I did make sure I downloaded the software for OS 5 but again still no go. The only other application that was doing the same thing is UberTwitter.

I don't use BES, only on BIS and did check everything, reset firewall, etc....and still no go.

anyone has an idea of what can cause that?

regards,
    02-09-10 01:25 PM
    Hi all,

I updated my BB 9630 to OS 5.0.0.419. I'm with Bell and used the OS posted on the blog. I know it's not a signed version but it's all fine and I love it.

But since I upgraded and cannot get BeWeather to work. Everytime I try to install it and launch it, it's giving this error:

"The application has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy."

I did make sure I downloaded the software for OS 5 but again still no go. The only other application that was doing the same thing is UberTwitter.

I don't use BES, only on BIS and did check everything, reset firewall, etc....and still no go.

anyone has an idea of what can cause that?

regards,
    I know many others using this same OS with no trouble. If you are indeed using BIS and not BES in a work setting you sdhould not be getting the IT warning so I would go to your applications where BEWeather is located and check your PERMISSIONS and make sure they are ALL set to allow. If so great and if not make them that way then do a battery pull and see what happens.

If this fails to bring any results go to www.bellshare.com/support and post this same question in one of the forums where I can gurantee one of the Moderators will see this question you pose to them and give you the fix.

Good luck to you.
    02-09-10 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD