I downloaded the beweather free app today and it seems to work great and all but the homescreen icon doesnt show the updated temperature after i refresh my beweather free... the weird thing is that it shows the updated temperature when the icon is part of the full menu of icons when pressing the menu button to see all the icons but it is not updated when looking at the home screen layout with just one row of icons if u know what im saying.... anyone know the problem?
    01-14-10 12:01 AM
    I believe there's a bug with the current Storm2 OS where it causes the homescreen NOT to update.

The leaked 5.0 OS (.428) fixes this issue.
    01-14-10 12:55 AM
    oh. thanks. hope that either rim updates the os soon or beweather free fixes it.
    01-14-10 01:18 AM
    Yeah I noticed that too... a lot of people are saying it's an OS issue, I'm not too sure because i'm running the latest .436 and the problem is still there...however when I switched my theme from using elle knock-off to the elle original...I think it fixes the problem because it seems to be updating now..

What theme if any are you using?
    01-14-10 03:53 AM
    oh. thanks. hope that either rim updates the os soon or beweather free fixes it.
    OS .320 does not update the icons.

The leaked .428 does fix them.

This is not an issue BeWeather can fix.

The only way is to install the leaked operating system
    01-14-10 04:01 AM
    my icon doesn't update either, but when i used weathereye (not the recent beta) it would randomly update the icon and the weather temp was ALWAYS updated when it should, for this it doesn't even update the temp
    01-14-10 02:51 PM
    Bellshare says it's an OS problem but I have a 9700, not a Storm, so...what does it means, that ALL but a very few platforms have this problem? I don't buy it. I haven't bought the app especially because of this issue and I won't buy it until they fix it. To blame someone else is not a solution.
    01-21-10 08:34 AM
    If you get simple weather and set the icon on your background it updates fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD