I am on 2 week vacation at the moment and this shouldn't have anything to do with it but coincidentally, I have started having an issue with BeWeather.

This shot was taken at 4:24 AM in Kihei, Maui (yes still having jetlag). The temperature is about right but as you see, the forecast starts at 6PM. And the highest temp seems to occur at 12AM (84F). I have 3 other locations added but the same thing. Even if it is morning, the forecast starts at PM and the highest temp occurs at midnight.

Also instead of the "sun," the "moon" starts showing up around 3PM in the main screen.

Does anyone have the similar issue? I don't know if it has something to do with the OS upgrade to .61 about 2 weeks ago (during the vacation) and I had to reinstall BeWeather.

I just deleted the program from BB and reinstalled along with battery pull but still having the same issue...
    12-01-09 10:18 AM
    I am on 2 week vacation at the moment and this shouldn't have anything to do with it but coincidentally, I have started having an issue with BeWeather.

This shot was taken at 4:24 AM in Kihei, Maui (yes still having jetlag). The temperature is about right but as you see, the forecast starts at 6PM. And the highest temp seems to occur at 12AM (84F). I have 3 other locations added but the same thing. Even if it is morning, the forecast starts at PM and the highest temp occurs at midnight.

Also instead of the "sun," the "moon" starts showing up around 3PM in the main screen.

Does anyone have the similar issue? I don't know if it has something to do with the OS upgrade to .61 about 2 weeks ago (during the vacation) and I had to reinstall BeWeather.

I just deleted the program from BB and reinstalled along with battery pull but still having the same issue...
    I'm not sure that I feel bad for you, since you're having sunny 84 degree weather in Hawaii while it's a very cold 40 here in NYC

Check the time on your device. It seems like it could be a timezone issue. If that does not work, post back and we'll go from there.
    12-01-09 10:39 AM
    I notice the same thing, even at home. It's 12:30pm here. The next time listed on the hourly screen is 9PM. The time zone is set correctly. Hopefully the new service associated with 2.0 works better.
    12-01-09 11:37 AM
    It is 23F back home in Colorado right now so give me some sympathy

Yes, the time zone is set correctly.

The orders of forecast and tempare correct, it seems. Just the time shown look odd...
    12-01-09 12:11 PM
    I suspect its something with the source then. BW2 has switched weather sources, and it is greatly improved. I haven't noticed any significant issues with it.

As mentioned here, should you chose not to upgrade to 2.0 (but you should, I think it's worth it) you'll still be transferred over to the new weather source.

Please send an email to customer support at [email protected] for further help with this. They may be able to help you better than I can. And please be patient too, as they're working hard to get 2.0 out the door
    12-01-09 12:22 PM
    I suspect its something with the source then. BW2 has switched weather sources, and it is greatly improved. I haven't noticed any significant issues with it.

As mentioned here, should you chose not to upgrade to 2.0 (but you should, I think it's worth it) you'll still be transferred over to the new weather source.

Please send an email to customer support at [email protected] for further help with this. They may be able to help you better than I can. And please be patient too, as they're working hard to get 2.0 out the door
    Thank you. I will send a note to the customer service. Xopher, did you send any to them already? I checked their support site also. One person mentioned about this issue but it doesnt say if he got any response or it was ever solved or not.

Of course, I will upgrade it to BW2 but it has not been out yet, correct? Do you work for them, Greg?

Thanks again for your help!
    12-01-09 01:09 PM
    Thank you. I will send a note to the customer service. Xopher, did you send any to them already? I checked their support site also. One person mentioned about this issue but it doesnt say if he got any response or it was ever solved or not.

Of course, I will upgrade it to BW2 but it has not been out yet, correct? Do you work for them, Greg?

Thanks again for your help!
    BW2 is not out yet. Shortly

I wouldn't go as far as saying I work for them, but I am on their team of elite and beta testers.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance with this. As you mentioned, it doesn't appear to be a common problem. I don't want to provide wrong info, so I may as well point you to the source, and one of the support people can provide better help
    12-01-09 01:15 PM
    I noticed this problem with my BerryWeather as well. I'm still using 1.5, but will upgrade to 2.0 when it comes out. I haven't contacted BW tech support yet. My time zone is correct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 01:24 PM
    Having the same exact issue here in GA. Thot it was off because I was using the trial version. I guess not.

12-01-09 01:26 PM
    BW2 is not out yet. Shortly

I wouldn't go as far as saying I work for them, but I am on their team of elite and beta testers.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance with this. As you mentioned, it doesn't appear to be a common problem. I don't want to provide wrong info, so I may as well point you to the source, and one of the support people can provide better help
    No problem, Greg. I just sent an inquiry to them - as soon as I receive any kind of response, I will post it here. It looks like I am not the only one having this issue. It has been a few days since I have noticed this so I was quite surprised that nobody brought it up to the forum before. It might be a common issue many are having but could be geographically specific because of some problem on the source.
    12-01-09 01:39 PM
    No problem, Greg. I just sent an inquiry to them - as soon as I receive any kind of response, I will post it here. It looks like I am not the only one having this issue. It has been a few days since I have noticed this so I was quite surprised that nobody brought it up to the forum before. It might be a common issue many are having but could be geographically specific because of some problem on the source.
    I'll inquire into Bellshare as well and see if I can find an answer. If I do, I'll report back here. I haven't used BW1.5 in a while...just shy of two months now. I forgot how quirky that source could be. Since there are a few people today having issues (y'all in this thread, possibly more out there), perhaps the issue is on the sources end. Which I guess wouldn't surprise me.

Hopefully we'll find out something more definitive soon.
    12-01-09 01:47 PM
    I've had the same problem for weeks on both BB devices I have. I've ignored it thinking it would fix itself. The developer need get this fixed.

12-02-09 12:46 AM
    Hi everyone,

Just received a reply from Bellshare:

"I would try removing the location you are having this problem with and then re-adding it.

On another note we have had other users experiencing similar issues to this. It appears it could be from our data source. We will be changing over to a new better data source very soon so this should be fixed regardless"

Well, I deleted all the locations and re-added them but the same thing. It looks like only way to "fix" this is to wait for the release of 2.0. "this should be fixed regardless" - to me, this says they are aware that this issue comes from their end. Not in the device level.
    12-02-09 02:13 AM
    Hi everyone,

"I would try removing the location you are having this problem with and then re-adding it.

On another note we have had other users experiencing similar issues to this. It appears it could be from our data source. We will be changing over to a new better data source very soon so this should be fixed regardless"

Well, I deleted all the locations and re-added them but the same thing. It looks like only way to "fix" this is to wait for the release of 2.0. "this should be fixed regardless" - to me, this says they are aware that this issue comes from their end. Not in the device level.

I have been having this problem about 2 weeks myself and have tried everything from removing and reinstalling the locations to removing BerryWeather and reinstalling it to no avail. Although the forecasts were correct, the times were almost as important to me. I actually stopped using BerryWeather and am using WeatherEye again until a fix is released or 2.0 comes out.
    12-02-09 07:52 AM
    Hi everyone,

I tried the remove and re-add suggestion. It did not solve the problem for me, either. Also, I live in two places, Lacey's Spring, Alabama, and Cocoa Beach, Florida. The error affects both locations in the same way.

I have emailed BellShare, but have not heard back from them.
    12-02-09 09:22 AM
    I have had the issues of the 24 hour weather starting 12 hours ahead of time, for instance, it is 10am but my first 24 hour forecast is for 6pm that same day.

But this morning, my BW stopped updating, even though it goes through the motions of saying it is updating and showing the last update time and everthing, I have had the same forecast temp and icon for 7 hours. It is cloudy and 46 here, but my icon still shows a full sun and 38 like at 7am today.

Deleted and re-installed my one location, but nothing helps.
    12-02-09 11:15 AM
    mine showed 46 degres and it was 60ish outside. and i realized it hadn't changed in a day or two so i just deleted it. i don't know whats wrong with it. but the icon was right, if it was sunny or rainy
    12-02-09 11:17 AM
    mine showed 46 degres and it was 60ish outside. and i realized it hadn't changed in a day or two so i just deleted it. i don't know whats wrong with it. but the icon was right, if it was sunny or rainy
    wow, mine just updated again and the temp rose (still not the correct temp) but the icon still shows a full sun and it is very dark and overcast here. Maybe we should combine our Berry Weathers and have a full working program, your weather is wrong but your icon works
    12-02-09 11:20 AM
    I am going to email back to Bellshare with the link to this thread. Since the release of BW2 is around the corner, I don't know if there are going to do something to fix this issue or not but let's try...

And yesterday, as some experienced, the icon was correct but the temp didn't change for hours in mine either...
    12-02-09 11:57 AM
    I have had the issues of the 24 hour weather starting 12 hours ahead of time, for instance, it is 10am but my first 24 hour forecast is for 6pm that same day.

But this morning, my BW stopped updating, even though it goes through the motions of saying it is updating and showing the last update time and everthing, I have had the same forecast temp and icon for 7 hours. It is cloudy and 46 here, but my icon still shows a full sun and 38 like at 7am today.

Deleted and re-installed my one location, but nothing helps.
    Same exact problems here. It says it's updating but I get the same time and other info back. Hope they get it resolved soon or drop BW2 cuz it's useless to me right now.

12-02-09 12:27 PM
    I'm having the same issues here. I just bought this app last week and I am very disappointed this is happening.
    12-02-09 12:46 PM
    And when you finally do get it to update the time posted is at least 20 min earlier. What good does that do me?

12-02-09 01:59 PM
    And when you finally do get it to update the time posted is at least 20 min earlier. What good does that do me?

The time posted is just when the weather source updated their weather, I don't believe any weather source updates by the minute.
    12-02-09 02:01 PM
    I have been having problem with it updating. It keeps saying updating updating and updating even after a few hours. then finally after it has drained the battery trying to update and a battery pull then everything goes to normal.
    12-02-09 02:36 PM
    I'm having the same issues here. I just bought this app last week and I am very disappointed this is happening.
    Version 2.0 fixed the problem for me. Users who purchased the previous version after October 15 will get a discount on the update.
    12-02-09 08:39 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD