Okay how do I get the tempature and weather information on my background on my home screen, I played with the settings and did a battery pull and have had no luck. I am on the 3-day trial and I'm using an 8900 with OS 5.0.0.411. Can anybody help me out
    01-11-10 01:38 PM
    Okay how do I get the tempature and weather information on my background on my home screen, I played with the settings and did a battery pull and have had no luck. I am on the 3-day trial and I'm using an 8900 with OS 5.0.0.411. Can anybody help me out
    While in BeWeather, hit your BB button, choose settings, then under "Homescreen Wallpaper", click on "Enalbe BerryWeather Homescreen Wallpaper". Be sure to save the change. That should do it.
    01-11-10 01:45 PM
    I'm thinking because this is the trial verison, I can't get that to appear on my homescreen and its a dealbreaker if I cant get it to work
    01-11-10 02:04 PM
    Also, ensure that you downloaded the appropriate version for your operating system. I had the same question as you, and couldn't figure out what others were talking about when they described the "Homescreen Wallpaper" setting - I just didn't have that option shown. Finally, I figured out that I needed to download the 5.0 OS version, because I was using the 4.6 version leftover from before I upgraded the operating system on my 8900.....
    01-11-10 02:04 PM
    do you have to have a weather slot theme for this to work?
    01-11-10 02:10 PM
    Also, ensure that you downloaded the appropriate version for your operating system. I had the same question as you, and couldn't figure out what others were talking about when they described the "Homescreen Wallpaper" setting - I just didn't have that option shown. Finally, I figured out that I needed to download the 5.0 OS version, because I was using the 4.6 version leftover from before I upgraded the operating system on my 8900.....
    I am running OS 5.0, and still can't get it to show up. I downloaded from App World on my 8900
    01-11-10 03:07 PM
    do you have to have a weather slot theme for this to work?
    No. In fact, if you have a weather slot theme, you probably don't want to enable the BeWeather wallpaper. If you do, you'll have 2 weather icons on your screen.
    01-11-10 03:37 PM
    No. In fact, if you have a weather slot theme, you probably don't want to enable the BeWeather wallpaper. If you do, you'll have 2 weather icons on your screen.
    I'm using the factory theme on my 8900, no special themes, I still cant get it to work
    01-11-10 04:18 PM
    I've just downloaded the free version and the major gripe I have is that it seems you have to have the app running in the background for the homescreen icon to work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 05:27 PM
    I've just downloaded the free version and the major gripe I have is that it seems you have to have the app running in the background for the homescreen icon to work!

At least you got your home screen icon working, I cant get mine to work
    01-11-10 05:45 PM

Umm what good is the home screen icon if the app isn't running...
    01-11-10 06:19 PM
    I ended up deleting the app, after searching online it appears im not the only one who cant get it to work properly.
    01-11-10 06:43 PM
    make sure you have the right version for your OS. here is a link for the 5.0 build and should have the wallpaper option for you to check out

http://m.bellshare.com/downloads/ber...rryweather.jad
    01-11-10 06:56 PM
    Umm what good is the home screen icon if the app isn't running...
    Other weather apps like weathereye and WeatherBug update the homescreen icon without having to run in the background.

01-12-10 01:59 AM
    Maybe I am confused but unless and application (whatever it is) in running either in the foreground or background, it cannot do anything. So an icon cannot update unless the application that powers that icon is running. Or do you mean, if you press the icon, it will show the current temp on the homescreen after the icon is 'pressed' or selected?

This is not a vote for one or another weather program but a look for clarity.

I'll suggest a non-weather program and I don't know how it works but clearly, it has to be doing something else how can it show the battery power. There is an "ibattery" program (offered yesterday) - it shows the current battery level on the icon or as the icon or app name when you scroll to it. Unless it is incredibly intuitive, it is running even if it is not showing on the icon ribbon bar. It is running in the background otherwise it cannot possibly provide the current battery level.
    Last edited by F2; 01-12-10 at 08:45 AM.
    01-12-10 08:41 AM
    Maybe I am confused but unless and application (whatever it is) in running either in the foreground or background, it cannot do anything. So an icon cannot update unless the application that powers that icon is running. Or do you mean, if you press the icon, it will show the current temp on the homescreen after the icon is 'pressed' or selected?

This is not a vote for one or another weather program but a look for clarity.

I'll suggest a non-weather program and I don't know how it works but clearly, it has to be doing something else how can it show the battery power. There is an "ibattery" program (offered yesterday) - it shows the current battery level on the icon or as the icon or app name when you scroll to it. Unless it is incredibly intuitive, it is running even if it is not showing on the icon ribbon bar. It is running in the background otherwise it cannot possibly provide the current battery level.
    What I mean is that Weathereye & Weatherbug will both update the conditions/temperature on the home screen icon and in text when you scroll over it whether the app is running in the background or not. (Obviously by holding the bb button for a few seconds you can see which apps are running, w/eye & w/bug do not have to appear in the app switcher to be able to update)

On my BB, Beweather does have to be running in the background (ie it has to appear when you hold down the BB key), if I exit the app, by clicking on shutdown Beweather, all I see on the homescreen icon is the umbrella with no other details.

Hope that makes sense?!!
    01-12-10 12:08 PM
    make sure you have the right version for your OS. here is a link for the 5.0 build and should have the wallpaper option for you to check out

http://m.bellshare.com/downloads/ber...rryweather.jad
    I just downloaded from your link, and it says my trial period expired I only had the program for like 12 hours? what gives....I dont wanna spend 10 bucks if the homescreen icon doesnt work
    01-12-10 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD