09-21-12 03:21 PM
75 123
tools
    My 9930 has begun having this issue, not updating until I actually open the app, hopefully someone finds a fix or they release an update to correct this issue. Reading the reviews on the Compliments of BB version, it seems a lot if not everyone is having similar issues with the Auto Update.
    03-15-12 01:03 PM
    Bellshare??? Surely you jest!
    Amen to that!
    03-15-12 01:03 PM
    Bellshare shared this on Twitter a little while ago.

We have submitted a fix for the auto update issue in "BeWeather - Compliments of BlackBerry" to AppWorld. Will be available soon!

Hopefully this will fix all of our refresh issues.
    03-15-12 05:49 PM
    Bellshare shared this on Twitter a little while ago.

We have submitted a fix for the auto update issue in "BeWeather - Compliments of BlackBerry" to AppWorld. Will be available soon!

Hopefully this will fix all of our refresh issues.
    Great! Then I will download the update again!!
    Thanks for the info!
    03-15-12 06:34 PM
    Unable to change out icons as well and no updates with permissions set to allow. Rolled back and icons can be changed again. However, I do like the fact that if you previously purchased BeWeather, it automatically acknowledged the registration after downloading the updated version. Same as FixMo.
    03-15-12 07:18 PM
    Ok can someone help me understand this. I upgraded to a 9900 today and wanted to install beweather. The only options showing up in app world are the normal free version and the blackberry free version, which I gather is the one you guys are having trouble with and there is also a Pre OS 7 version for $6.99. I am confused to why the Pre OS 7 is showing up in app world if it is not available for OS 7? It is showing up in app world on the computer as available for the 9900. I guess I need to wait for the update before I install the blackberry free one? I'm missing my icons.
    03-15-12 10:28 PM
    Good that there may be a fix for the auto-update, but what about the memory leak??? I uninstalled the app for now and am using some other free weather app. When they issue an new BW version, I'll give it a try. But if the memory leak isn't fixed, I'll just nuke it again.
    03-16-12 01:14 AM
    My BeWeather began AutoUpdating again last nigth, I haven't received any updates through App World or anything. Has anyone elses began working again, and/or does anyone have an idea of why it would start up again on its own?

Now it seems to have stopped AutoUpdating again; doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by ZMc1834; 03-17-12 at 03:07 PM.
    03-17-12 10:25 AM
    I just rolled back to 2.6.12, auto update works perfectly. No sense in having the newer version if it doesn't work properly.
    03-17-12 08:25 PM
    BeWeather compliments of RIM from Appworld has been updated to 2.6.17 just downloaded so hopefully the auto updates work.
    ZMc1834 likes this.
    03-19-12 12:57 AM
    Thanks for heads up.
    03-19-12 02:51 AM
    BeWeather compliments of RIM from Appworld has been updated to 2.6.17 just downloaded so hopefully the auto updates work.
    This update seems to have corrected the AutoUpdate issue so far, but it took a few days before it originally stopped AutoUpdating, so far so good, but I am going to wait a few days before ultimately declaring it is fixed.
    03-19-12 12:34 PM
    My copy in App World still says 2.6.14.
    How did you get the update?
    03-19-12 12:40 PM
    I got the update and it is working just fine, so far...

Jaydee, app world didn't give me an update notification. I reset app world and it still didn't work. I had to go into my world, then into upgrades. It then notified me that the update was available.
    duck383 and jaydee5799 like this.
    03-19-12 12:58 PM

Jaydee, app world didn't give me an update notification. I reset app world and it still didn't work. I had to go into my world, then into upgrades. It then notified me that the update was available.
    thx dustanh

thats how i got it also Jaydee
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-19-12 01:25 PM
    My copy in App World still says 2.6.14.
    How did you get the update?
    I went into App World and it didn't show anything, so I held ALT and pressed RST on my Bold keyboard. This will reset App World and when I re-opened I had the update available under My World.
    03-19-12 02:00 PM

thx dustanh

thats how i got it also Jaydee
    OK guys, thanks. I followed your directions. But there was no upgrade. I guess I have to install it first and then try the update. In the process now....

EDIT: It worked! Thank you!!! both!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 03-19-12 at 02:07 PM.
    03-19-12 02:04 PM
    I wonder if the "Refresh List" item in the BB button popup in the "My World" screen would suffice rather than doing the reset incantation. (Which is "34(" on keyboardless BBs such as the 9850, BTW)
    03-19-12 02:47 PM
    I wonder if the "Refresh List" item in the BB button popup in the "My World" screen would suffice rather than doing the reset incantation. (Which is "34(" on keyboardless BBs such as the 9850, BTW)
    Never have actually tried it when I knew there was an update available not showing up, but next time it comes around, I will give it a go and see if it will work the same.
    03-19-12 03:07 PM
    Good that there may be a fix for the auto-update, but what about the memory leak??? I uninstalled the app for now and am using some other free weather app. When they issue an new BW version, I'll give it a try. But if the memory leak isn't fixed, I'll just nuke it again.
    Still seems to leak like a sieve...
    03-19-12 06:58 PM
    I didnt get a chance to het this app for free. Now when i go to it on app world it says 9.99 or has a gift box beside it. But when i hit gift box it says Request a gift from BBM contact. Can someone plz explain this to me. What if nobody has it on my contacts. No other way to get it for free??

Thx folks.
    03-19-12 07:22 PM
    go to App World and in the search bar type this:
    Compliments of Blackberry/?lang=en

and see if that gives you the correct page of apps.
    Supposed to be available till the 31st of May.
    03-19-12 07:58 PM
    No it did not You got me so super excited for a sec there!!
    Anyone want to be my bbm contact to share plz??

Cheers
    03-19-12 08:09 PM
    No it did not You got me so super excited for a sec there!!
    Anyone want to be my bbm contact to share plz??

Cheers
    No no bbm contact to share means someone is going to buy it for you.
    Follow this link ON YOUR BERRY:
    http://m.crackberry.com/more-free-ap...nts-blackberry
    03-19-12 08:25 PM
    I managed to get Shazam encore out of it when i scrolled down. But when i hit the link button to display all the free apps. Its opens up apps world and says "there are no items available to display: 0

But i have to admit it is a great find if u can get it to work. Because i never got ANY of the free apps when they were offering them cause i had an OLD Storm and just couldnt get new stuff on it it would crash. So when i upgraded my cell in January all the free complimentary apps were done at the end of Dec 31 i thought.

If only i can find a way to get this weather app too ill be a Happy camper tonight!

Cheers
    03-19-12 09:06 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD