I downloaded BeWeather compliments of RIM but as of yesterday or so it stop updating itself, it will only update if i open the app. Any suggestion?
    03-11-12 02:24 PM
    Go to options>autoupdate and adjust your settings to your liking. If that doesn't fix it then check your beweather permissions in options>device>applications.
    03-11-12 03:29 PM
    Go to options>autoupdate and adjust your settings to your liking. If that doesn't fix it then check your beweather permissions in options>device>applications.
    I've done both and my app also does not autoupdate. I'm going back to my Mobihand version 6.12.
    03-11-12 06:02 PM
    I was having the same issue, rolled back to my mobihand purchase and that works fine now.
    03-11-12 07:35 PM
    Do you have it set to Auto Update? When I put BeWeather on my wife's 9850 last week, it was set to only manual update, and I had to adjust the auto update to the preferred setting.
    03-12-12 07:49 AM
    Yes, it's set to auto update.
    The free upgrade from RIM does not update.
    I am rolling back to my paid Mobihand copy as well.

It only updates if I click on it.
    03-12-12 11:44 AM
    i rolled back to my mobihand copy as well cuz it wasn't updating nor was i able to change to a different set of icons for the theme
    03-12-12 12:10 PM
    Weird... my auto update is working just fine with the complimentary BeWeather.
    03-12-12 12:15 PM
    i rolled back to my mobihand copy as well cuz it wasn't updating nor was i able to change to a different set of icons for the theme
    Strange behavior. My icons were able to be changed but...guess there is just something not ready for primetime with that version.
    03-12-12 12:17 PM
    I was having the non-autoupdate problem with the complimentary version, but I could not roll back since my previous paid version was from AppWorld (not Mobihand), and my AppWorld record had been replaced with the "Complimentary" version. So I uninstalled and re-installed the complimentary version (saving/restoring the settings using the app's Backup/Restore option). And now the autoupdate is working again. But it remains to be seen if it will keep working.
    03-12-12 01:12 PM
    I take it back, it is not updating for me either unless I open BeWeather. I swear it was working just fine this morning and all weekend. I wonder if there is a BIS issue going because my girlfriend has not been getting emails on her 9550.
    Last edited by dustanh; 03-12-12 at 05:52 PM.
    03-12-12 05:48 PM
    My Mobihand version is working fine, so I doubt it's a BIS issue. There's something wrong with version 6.14.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-12-12 07:04 PM
    Definitely something wrong, went to sleep and when I woke up still hadn't updated. Was hoping it updated at least one out of the 10 hours of sleep.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    03-12-12 07:49 PM
    +1 to this as well. No auto updates and the best part is the version that I purchased from appworld is now showing as "unavailable for this device"

So guess even though I paid for it and then upgraded to.the comp version I am stuck

Splendiforous
    03-13-12 12:20 AM
    Just tried this today...and it's updated correctly the last 4/5 hours: after installing it from App World, I also noticed the auto-updates quit. I then uninstalled then re-installed via BB App World, Rebooted, then set all the BeWeather Permissions to "Allow", followed by another reboot. And voila! Auto-updates started working again for me.
    03-13-12 05:11 PM
    +1 to this as well. No auto updates and the best part is the version that I purchased from appworld is now showing as "unavailable for this device"

So guess even though I paid for it and then upgraded to.the comp version I am stuck

Splendiforous
    The old version that you and I bought is now flagged as "pre-7.0" in the AppWorld Web site, so we cannot install it on our 7.x phones.
    Last edited by CharlesH; 03-13-12 at 06:05 PM.
    03-13-12 06:02 PM
    The old version that you and I bought is now flagged as "pre-7.0" in the AppWorld Web site, so we cannot install it on our 7.x phones.
    Strange thing is that when I goto AppWorld from my desktop (without logging in) and search for BerryWeather, the "old" version still lists my device as as compatible.....

If anyone is having similar issues, the 2.6.12 version can also be downloaded from the BellShare site Bellshare - BerryWeather
    03-13-12 06:21 PM
    Just tried this today...and it's updated correctly the last 4/5 hours: after installing it from App World, I also noticed the auto-updates quit. I then uninstalled then re-installed via BB App World, Rebooted, then set all the BeWeather Permissions to "Allow", followed by another reboot. And voila! Auto-updates started working again for me.

I did something similar and it now works:

1. Uninstalled BeWeather
    2. Battery pull
    3. Reinstalled
    4. Battery pull
    5. Restored from SD card
    6. Battery pull
    7. Changed permissions to allow
    8. Battery pull

Yes a lot of steps... But hey, it's now working.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    03-13-12 06:36 PM
    Been having the same problem...AND it's been a huge memory leak. Not surpringly, I've not received a helpful response from support. May just go back to a different free weather app. So frustrating!
    03-13-12 11:22 PM
    Been having the same problem...AND it's been a huge memory leak. Not surpringly, I've not received a helpful response from support. May just go back to a different free weather app. So frustrating!
    I thought the terms "Bellshare" and "support" were mutually exclusive terms
    03-14-12 12:48 PM
    I did something similar and it now works:

1. Uninstalled BeWeather
    2. Battery pull
    3. Reinstalled
    4. Battery pull
    5. Restored from SD card
    6. Battery pull
    7. Changed permissions to allow
    8. Battery pull

Yes a lot of steps... But hey, it's now working.
    I just did uninstall/reboot/reinstall/restore settings. And it worked fine until I rebooted. Did those steps again, and it is again working (for now). Definitely some QA issues with this release
    Last edited by CharlesH; 03-14-12 at 12:56 PM.
    03-14-12 12:53 PM
    I just did uninstall/reboot/reinstall/restore settings. And it worked fine until I rebooted. Did those steps again, and it is again working. Definitely some QA issues with this release
    Yep... definitely an issue. We shouldn't have to go through all those steps just to get an app to work.
    03-14-12 12:56 PM
    Has anyone ever been successful in getting a proper response from them?
    03-14-12 11:32 PM
    i have not been able to get past the first screen when i try to install it. I've tried so many times I'm about ready to give up. And now i'm hearing that it's a memory hog. has anyone had a problem trying to set it up?
    03-15-12 11:25 AM
    Has anyone ever been successful in getting a proper response from them?
    Bellshare??? Surely you jest!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-15-12 11:35 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD