Hello...

I have the Curve 8300 and 8310.

I am looking for a better task or alarm program. What I need to do is set up recurring tasks I need to do on a regular basis and have my Blackberry alarm to tell me to them at a time and frequency I set. Once I complete that task for the day, I want it to disappear (if in a task list) until the next time the task is due, or at least show up in a categorical way that will indicate it was complete for the day.

The problem with the default alarm app that comes with the blackberry is you can only set one alarm and it doesn't tell you what it is alarming for. The problem with the default task app I cant set up a task as reoccuring. Nor, does it show up in a view that enables me to see task due on certain days or give the option of any sort of grouping - whether by date, category, etc.

Does anyone know of an app that can help me accomplish this, and that will sync with Outlook (if it is a task app)?

Thanks.
    08-12-08 03:03 PM
    I guess you could kind of use the calendar and create recurring events

I do not think that is what you are really looking for though...
    08-12-08 03:09 PM
    Thanks! Any 3rd party apps?
    08-13-08 01:42 PM
    I do not know of any task apps, but BBSmart Alarms Pro is a great alarm app!

Free trial as well, I think
    08-13-08 01:45 PM
    I have BBSmart Alarms and highly recommend it. I find that it can be used for much more then simple alarms -
    You can title any regular alarm and that really helps.
    I have alarms set to remind me to give my dog his pills, to get my son from school on car pool days only, etc...
    It has become on of my most used apps.
    08-13-08 02:01 PM
    the tasks can be set to reoccur. I have one that I do every friday and the reminder goes off with it. The only thing is, it won't categorize them as completed for that day. But you can have tasks sorted by date to be completed.
    08-13-08 02:13 PM
    I have my tasks to show up in my calendar, however, my reoccuring tasks do not show up in the calandar. Does anyone know why and how I can fix it. Much thanks.
    09-11-08 05:20 PM
    I'm with you. I love my BB, but when it comes to GTD tasks and alarms 8310 really comes up short.

Two programs, I'm using both until I decide which I like more because each has a couple of very distinct features.

First one is called "GOT 2" from a company called gwhiz I think address is gwhizmobile.com. This program is task mgr, lists, appts etc. And you can set mulitple alarms as well. It also automatically will sync with Google cal if you want. GET THIS if that isn't enough nagging to remind you of things that need to get done - you can set it up to be in sync with you BB GPS system so when you go by a certain location on a day of your choice that you need a reminder an alarm will go off. And yep free. Download OTA

Second one is Todoodle - there is a pro and not so pro version. Still have not figured out the difference. This is more typical because doesn't have gps reminder but interface is cleaner. Also syncs with goog cal and or bb cal.

Oh yeah both allow you to send email reminders to yourself, txt msgs to yourself and todoodle works with several vm programs also i.e jott

Then do what I did hide BB tasks, memos, notepads you'll never use again

enjoy GTsD
    Last edited by Harvarddog; 09-11-08 at 10:11 PM.
    09-11-08 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD