I am new to the whole twitter idea and am just trying to learn what the best way for me to get info to my blackberry is. I would not do any updating of my own to twitter however would be following select news feeds similar to crackberry's front page.

I have used RSS feeds for years and can continue doing so but I am wondering if using twitter is a better soltuion. Will twitter update to my blackberry faster then RSS? It seems the fastest I get RSS feeds are every 30 minutes or via a manual update of the channels.

What are the other pros and cons of either service?

Just looking for opinions on both, thank you for any help you can give!!
    09-14-09 12:59 PM
    Twitter is a much more powerful tool. It can grab RSS feeds if you follow correctly. But it can do many many things no other service can do. It's best if you go to twitter's website for a crash course.

And why is this on a Tour forum?? You're limiting the response to your question by posting here.
    09-14-09 01:30 PM
    Didnt really know where else to post it, all I really need to know is if I can add rss feeds to twitter that I cant seem to find on twitter, and whether twitter can be pushed to the blackberry. Thank for answering though!
    09-14-09 01:53 PM
    You can follow news and groups like CNN and FOX, CrackBerry, NASA, on Twitter. Almost every company tweets now. Just search Twitter for their name.

However, Twitter is not an RSS reader as far as i know. Check out Google Reader for that.

Yes, there are Twitter apps for BlackBerry that push updates to your device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 03:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD