I still haven't done the 328 upgrade; figured I'd wait a bit to see how it was going for the folks that know more about resolving errors than I do. Good chance to learn stuff too. Seems like a lot of people having problems with 328 are those who have done more tinkering with leaks and hybrids, or have more apps installed. So I'm wondering if I'd have a better shot at a smooth install if I took off my apps first by deleting them, installed the new OS, then re-downloaded/installed my 3rd party apps? My phone is currently pretty clean; I've never tried a leak or hybrid; still on stock 148, with just basic apps like Quickpull Lite, Where, Poynt, Beyond 160.

Really appreciate any thoughts, as I'm nervous about trying to upgrade and possibly winding up without a working phone. Thanks.
    10-27-09 12:44 PM
    Quickpull Lite won't work on 5.x, so you might as well uninstall that. The others you listed should be fine.

3rd Party apps that don't change the actions of the UI (i.e. like locking the screen apps and such) won't interfere with the OS too much if at all.
    10-27-09 12:46 PM
    There is an updated QuickPull Lite that will work on OS 5.0.0.328, after you finish your OS upgrade just install that. But in general you don't need to delete 3rd party apps prior to OS upgrade.
    10-27-09 12:51 PM
    Thanks much. Any insight on themes? I currently have real iBerry blocks. Thanks again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 03:15 PM
    I was like you, hesitant about upgrading b/c I didn't want to lose purchased apps. Finally did the upgrade tonight but I backed up my apps first using the desktop manager, just in case. Upgrade went well and everything (contacts, apps, emails, etc) showed up on my phone without having to use the backup. No themes so I didn't have to worry about that.
    10-28-09 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD