A week ago I installed the trial version of beyond160 - great app! Highly recommended.

Today I purchased the app through the Crackberry store. When I received the confirmation email, it stated:

"Beyond160 for BlackBerry Storm, Tour
    Activation Code: Error generating Activation Code. Please contact support@cannonsoft.com"

I have emailed and not yet received a reply. Any advice?

It took much less time and effort to install the trial version than it is taking dealing with this issue with the version I paid for!!

Update July 29: activation code received directly from developer.
    Last edited by ssax; 07-30-09 at 06:40 AM. Reason: new information
    07-26-09 04:37 PM
    Same message here. I dont know if I am in trial mode or not but, the program installed and is working for me. I also emailed support as instructed in the error message and I also have not gotten any response as of yet.
    07-26-09 04:50 PM
    Hey Guys,

I'm the developer of Beyond160, and unfortunately, my server had a severe hardware failure Sunday afternoon. It's affecting email as well. I'm working to get everything restored, but it's going to take a little while. Hopefully by this evening everything will be restore. I'm sorry for the trouble.
    07-27-09 12:33 PM
    Hey GeekyDad,

Thanks for the update. I was getting concerned because I have not received a reply to 2 emails requesting the activation code for the paid app.

I will assume that it will be sent to me tonight. If that is not the case, please let me know.

Thanks

PS - Before anyone flames this reply, I am posting here rather than sending a private email because Geekydad's email appears to also not be working.
    07-27-09 06:10 PM
    Hey GeekyDad, if you check this thread again - Beyond160 is a little quirky on the Tour, but was flawless on my previous phone. I also purchased it for a Pearl which it is not working on (messages don't send at all). Do you have plans to upgrade for the Tour? The specific problem that I'm having is that if I am in the native SMS compose screen and I add a contact, then decide to call up Beyond 160 with the BB menu, it will switch over but it won't fill in the contact info... also, sometimes I will be typing a message with several recipients and need to switch to B160 and it won't bring the contacts over when it moves the message over to B160. This happens almost everytime, but then I have had it work almost flawlessly. The screen flicks and goes through several flashes before the app takes over the text message, it just doesn't seem as smooth as it was on the Curve. Maybe there are some small changes that need to be made to make it work as well? Just checking.. I will be emailing for a new code since I've had to transfer BB's again. thanks!
    07-27-09 06:22 PM
    I downloaded the free trial and i get an error message saying "Uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointerexception"

I have the VZW Tour in case your wondering.
    07-28-09 08:55 PM
    I purchased this for my Curve several weeks ago and have been trying to get it transferred to my Tour with no luck. I too am getting the error message many of you are getting. I received an email from support telling me how to update my device blah blah blah but that's when I got the error.

I'm also noticing problems with using what I have installed and thought perhaps it was because the full version wasn't registered. When I am in the native SMS and then call up Beyond160, everything I've written is erased. Right now, I'm having to make sure I copy my text before I call up Beyond160 to then paste when the window opens. Additionally, when my messages are sent, not all are sent. I sent one today that only 1/2 was sent. 2/2 disappeared completely.

GeekyDad...any answers????
    07-28-09 09:36 PM
    Still waiting for the Beyond160 activation code that I paid for on Sunday....
    ssax,

I believe you received your Activation Code from me already, correct?
    07-29-09 12:15 AM
    Anyone who emailed about not receiving an activation code should have received a response from me already with your code. If you haven't, then please email support at cannonsoft dot com and I'll get it to you.

The replacement server was brought online early this morning and orders should be generating an activation code as usual. Sorry for the trouble.
    07-29-09 12:21 AM
    ssax,

I believe you received your Activation Code from me already, correct?
    yes - i sure did. got a personal email from you.

we also exchanged information about a feature issue that i found. i do understand the isp issue that impacted your response.

thanks for the follow-up today
    07-29-09 12:33 AM
    @berrygirly
    @thepanttherlady

(Warning... this is long, but it explains in detail some of the differences you're experiencing on your Tour or Storm compared to older devices.)

First, let me say that I have a Tour myself, and I use Beyond160 several times a day, every day. It works well, and I couldn't be without it, regardless of whether or not I'm also the developer. Now, let me explain a few differences with the Tour... First of all, you need to be sure you have v1.0.5 or later. You can do this by going to Beyond160 --> Menu --> About/Update and clicking "Check for Updates". If the app won't even run because of an exception, then you definitely have an older version and you need to update using this link:

Download Beyond160

The reason you are seeing the text disappear when choosing "Go Beyond160" from a new SMS is because of a bug in OS 4.7. This bug affects both the Tour, as well as the Storm, since both use OS 4.7. It's been documented and confirmed by RIM's dev team, and supposedly, it's on the list to be resolved in a future release (I hope). In a nutshell, the OS bug is this... When composing a new SMS from scratch (not a reply) using your built-in SMS app, and then you choose "Go Beyond160" from the menu, the OS does not properly pass the recipient or the text you've already typed. This is a bug. The OS is supposed to pass this to Beyond160. This bug did not exist in OS 4.5, which is why everything worked perfectly on your older Curve or Pearl running OS 4.5. You may also notice that this bug does not exist if you simply save that same message as a draft, open it again, and then choose "Go Beyond160". That works, so it's very frustrating that RIM let this bug slip in there (starting with OS 4.6) and they haven't fixed it yet. This same bug affects replies, as well, except that it *does* pass the recipient when choosing "Go Beyond160" from a reply, but it does not pass the existing text that you've already typed.

I was able to code a work-around for transferring the text you've already typed, but not for the missing recipient. The work-around is a more manual method of selecting and copying your text, so that is why you're seeing a quick blinking of the text before it transfers to Beyond160. Beyond160 is automating the copy/paste for you, which is required to work-around this OS bug. Again, this was not necessary in OS 4.5. Now, this work-around I'm talking about is actually something you can turn on or off in the Beyond160 Options. So, if you have a Tour (or a Storm or Pearl Flip), then you need to make sure the "Use alternate copy method when composing" option is checked. It should be by default for new installs on OS 4.7, but it's possible it's not if you migrated from an older device. Just check it and make sure it's enabled. The similar option called "Use alternate copy method when forwarding" should remain unchecked.

Again, this will allow the "Go Beyond160" menu option to work properly from a reply. But, there's still no fix for the missing recipient on a new SMS message using the built-in app. Because of this, I recommend you go straight to Beyond160 when composing a new SMS from scratch, or better yet, use QuickText, which works together with Beyond160 and makes it even faster to compose a new message. Either way is more efficient than using the built-in SMS app, in my opinion. The Beyond160 Help section will give you some tips on how to make choosing a recipient really quick and efficient. And if you're interested in QuickText, you can read more about it from here:

QuickText - Communication & Internet Blackberry Software

You should not be experiencing unsent message parts if you have the latest version of Beyond160. This was an issue on the Storm when Beyond160 was first released, but I have since resolved that issue, and it should be very reliable now on both the Storm and Tour.

Well, I think I've answered most of your questions. I apologize for being so long-winded, but I hope the details were informative. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    07-29-09 01:15 AM
    I have since received my new activation code, thank you.

Since activating this app on my Tour, I am no longer experiencing the "bugs" I referred to above. It is working as it did on my Curve and I am once again a happy camper.

Thank you!
    07-29-09 02:02 AM
    Thanks GeekyDad, for the explanation, I fully expect, when the "bugs" are worked out of 4.7 that your app will be updated to work as it did on the Curve? I'm not sure how thepanttherlady is seeing it working the same, maybe she's not noticing (or it doesn't bother her) the 'flash' of text (which is really your workaround and I completely understand it now!) - but it drives me batty

Your app is a definite "must have" and I will follow it closely once the OS is updated.. thanks!!
    07-29-09 08:50 PM
    He personally sent my code and was very apologetic. Great software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 01:27 AM
    I downloaded the free trial and i get an error message saying "Uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointerexception"

I have the VZW Tour in case your wondering.
    I have since bought the app and received an activation code but am still getting the same error message above. I still can not use the app at all
    07-31-09 09:06 AM
    I have since bought the app and received an activation code but am still getting the same error message above. I still can not use the app at all
    menznyc,

It sounds like you may have downloaded from App World. Unfortunately, they are very slow with approving updates, and it often takes a little while before your App World app will refresh it's content. You're better off downloading apps from CrackBerry (MobiHand). Anyway, you just need to download the latest version, which has been updated for the Tour. Here's the download link:

Download Beyond160
    07-31-09 11:44 AM
    menznyc,

It sounds like you may have downloaded from App World. Unfortunately, they are very slow with approving updates, and it often takes a little while before your App World app will refresh it's content. You're better off downloading apps from CrackBerry (MobiHand). Anyway, you just need to download the latest version, which has been updated for the Tour. Here's the download link:

Download Beyond160
    Thanks for the email and response. I downloaded the correct version and activated it and it is working now. I appreciate it!
    07-31-09 07:08 PM
    Fantastic app!! Thanks for the reply from my email. It is developers like you that make the blackberry worth using.
    08-18-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD