This may have already been posted, but for those of you who have been having a hard time sucessfully downloading the new BBM 5.0.2.11 from the Beta Zone via the OTA link, do not use this method, even though they say so. Simply downloaded it through your computer browser within Beta Zone. You'll be asked to plug your phone in and then it will load BBM on to your phone. The keycode will also be generated automatically once you do this.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Apocalypso; 02-20-11 at 11:40 PM.
    02-20-11 07:25 PM
    Message from a mod there....

According to previous messages from RIM, the BlackBerry Messenger Beta program is currently full and they are not accepting new users into the program. It is possible that RIM will open the program up in a while, but for now, there is no way to join the program.

As a further heads up, the BBM 6 download is an unauthorized leak and accordingly, RIM will not provide keycodes for it. Accordingly, at this point in time, it is best to stick with an official version of BBM. In addition, most users won't notice a difference between BBM 6 and BBM 5, so until the platform is ready for prime time, there is actually no real benefit to downloading BBM 6. In other words, at this point in time, it doesn't matter if you have access to BBM 6 or not. You won't notice any difference.
    pjmacklin likes this.
    02-20-11 09:32 PM
    Get a life ML. There are many of us that like to use betas and leaks. If you don't want to use these, DON'T! But stop telling other not to use them.
    02-20-11 09:40 PM
    Get a life ML. There are many of us that like to use betas and leaks. If you don't want to use these, DON'T! But stop telling other not to use them.

Ge a life? What are you 14?

I didn't say that. I said...A MOD THERE says.........

Just warning people that downloading the beta BBM is not going to give them a keycode automatically for a while until RIM announces again!
    02-20-11 09:44 PM
    I also dont believe someone would go to the *RIM* BetaZone site, start a new thread, and ask for a keycode from BBM5 to activate a leaked BBM6 beta...

That response was a mod basically chewing him out. Go look for yourself. https://www.blackberry.com/beta/threads/view/2714
    If they abruptly stop the testing, this would be one of the primary reasons why.
    Talking about get a life................
    middbrew likes this.
    02-20-11 10:08 PM
    Message from a mod there....
    Actually, I've been a beta member for quite some time (almost a year) and the BBM beta was one of several programs that I was invited to participate in. I only noticed the invite just the other day after logging in to my beta zone account.

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 10:18 PM

Just warning people that downloading the beta BBM is not going to give them a keycode automatically for a while until RIM announces again!
    The keycode was automatically generated and sent to my email seconds after I downloaded BBM from beta zone. Plus, I noticed the version was 6.0.0.31 as opposed to 5.0.2.11. Not sure why. Perhaps beta zone recognized that I was running OS 6 on my . *shrugs*

Once again, I guess I got lucky.

02-20-11 10:29 PM
    I also dont believe someone would go to the *RIM* BetaZone site, start a new thread, and ask for a keycode from BBM5 to activate a leaked BBM6 beta...
    Just to clarify, I started this thread for other beta zone testers who were having trouble downloading BBM via OTA as did I initially. In other words, it's meant for people who've already been invited to participate in the BBM program, not for those who are trying to look for a keycode work-around.

Last edited by Apocalypso; 02-20-11 at 11:37 PM.
    02-20-11 10:48 PM
    Downloaded and got my keycode email before the download even finished!
    02-21-11 09:40 AM

is this really acceptable yet again another few pissed off people and yet
    again its m l
    pathetic
    02-21-11 01:41 PM

It appears to me your the one acting like a 14 year old. If a mod wants to say it let them. Again, get a life!
    02-21-11 06:32 PM
    02-21-11 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD