Hello,
    My 2 cents:
    - love the changes in the v. 2
    - female does not want to talk to me, I believe it is her brother waking me up
    - I like the temperature given in both Celcius and Fahrenheit (as Fahrenheit doesn't tell me a thing), but the wind is given only in mph, which makes me do the maths in the very morning; could it also be read in kmh?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes - I agree our metrics here are different too. This will all be part of user customization in the future.

I'm heading back into our office in a few minutes to see if I can resolve the female voice issue.
    andyahs and bkir72 like this.
    03-18-11 04:23 PM
    Definitely agree. The female voice has been taking too much hormone replacement and sounds just like her brother. The other thing I played with is changing the account settings. While doing this I noticed that every time I went into account settings and came back into the alarm settings, the volume automatically was reset to 100%. I think this may be an irritant to some who would prefer to set it once and forget it. Also, it appears as though the settings are being saved to SD card, as my old alarm was still set, when I upgraded. If so, kudos! Many of the BB alarms out, do not save to the SD card, and consequently every time the OS is upgraded or the phone has to be wiped because its frozen, another thing on the to do list for the owner is to reset his/her alarms.

BTW, I changed the account setting first to say "Studmuffin" by the nonexistent female voice, which came out as "Stewedmoofin" by the male voice. So then I changed it to "Big Boy," in an apparent androgenous moment. My intent was to be funny, when my wife hears it...and I succeeded.
    03-18-11 04:29 PM
    Just PMed you.
    Thanks. Got it.
    Downloading now.
    03-18-11 04:34 PM
    Is it just me, or are all of the folks here married men whose wives may be doubting our commitment to them? Not sure the female voice will help, but at least they'll know we haven't switched sides.
    03-18-11 05:17 PM
    Well, I just got married last week, so I'm hoping she isn't doubting my commitment to her.
    03-18-11 05:29 PM
    Female Voice Fixed!!! It's all server side so just go update your account settings again!
    03-18-11 05:30 PM
    Well, I just got married last week, so I'm hoping she isn't doubting my commitment to her.
    Congratulations! I am going on 18 years, and I am sure she has no doubt.

Female Voice Fixed!!! It's all server side so just go update your account settings again!
    Excellent! I like her voice. Very pleasant. My wife just gave me one of those funny looks again, however.

BTW - when she was telling me the weather, it was way off, as if it was the weather from 6am this morning, and not 3pm this afternoon (3:40m right now, PDT). What source are you using for weather - Weather Under Ground, or something similar?
    Last edited by Blackfeet; 03-18-11 at 05:51 PM.
    BB Musketeers likes this.
    03-18-11 05:40 PM
    Is it just me, or are all of the folks here married men whose wives may be doubting our commitment to them? Not sure the female voice will help, but at least they'll know we haven't switched sides.
    us married men are the ones who have to get up in the morning, so yeah, we're the ones testing an alarm app

03-18-11 05:47 PM
    Not married.. I just have a lot of 'friends'..lol

Checking update now.

03-18-11 06:04 PM
    She doesn't say 'time' .. But I'm sure you have some minor tweaking to do on her. This app is ahping to be a must have.. Great work!

03-18-11 06:10 PM
    The new UI is much better more settings flexibility, confirmed that female voice is working.

I agree, temp in Celsius/ Fahrenheit option will be great!!
    03-18-11 06:46 PM
    Hello,
    My 2 cents:
    - love the changes in the v. 2
    - female does not want to talk to me, I believe it is her brother waking me up
    - I like the temperature given in both Celcius and Fahrenheit (as Fahrenheit doesn't tell me a thing), but the wind is given only in mph, which makes me do the maths in the very morning; could it also be read in kmh?

That's a clever ploy to force you to wake up quicker...get the brain working on metric conversions and you can't fall back asleep.
    03-18-11 07:46 PM
    Working good here! Female could be a BIT sexier, BUT that's just the sexist male in me talking. I changed my name to sexy. So now it say Good Morning Sexy!
    03-18-11 07:50 PM
    Love the upgrade However I have a major issue and have a suggestion:

Issues:

Whenever my alarm alerts it's a beeping alarm. I set the alarm at least 30 mins from the actual time for testing. However when I hit snooze, I hear the personalized message. I have it set for in the morn so I will see what happens. But it's been behaving like this ever since the upgrade.

Suggestion:

Have snooze in increments

03-18-11 11:26 PM
    I love it. Thank you.

Here is a hack for users out there.

You have already figured out you can change your first name to "you fat lazy sack of ****" or "you ******* rock star" or "you future billionaire" or "thanks for the great night last night" or something else that gets you laughing in the morning. I've noticed the female voice has a potty mouth. <grin>

You can also change your first name to "you have a breakfast meeting with Ted at seven" or "don't forget your dentist appointment" to remind you of the out of the ordinary morning meeting.

For me, my first name tomorrow is "go wake up your sweet little soccer star for her game."
    Last edited by DMHinCO; 03-18-11 at 11:38 PM.
    BB Musketeers likes this.
    03-18-11 11:35 PM
    Good call on the reminders Just downloaded today and cant wait to try it out Monday (kids are the weekend alarm). i have to admit that i'm about 12 years old at heart and me and the wife were crying with laughter when testing out some greetings tonight. being berated at 5am might actually get me out of bed.
    03-18-11 11:53 PM
    Incidentally, I am more interested in what today's high will be than the current temperature when I wake up.

I also care more whether the DJIA/S&P is up or down 3% than the specific number.
    03-18-11 11:55 PM
    I love it. Thank you.

Here is a hack for users out there.

You have already figured out you can change your first name to "you fat lazy sack of ****" or "you ******* rock star" or "you future billionaire" or "thanks for the great night last night" or something else that gets you laughing in the morning. I've noticed the female voice has a potty mouth. <grin>

You can also change your first name to "you have a breakfast meeting with Ted at seven" or "don't forget your dentist appointment" to remind you of the out of the ordinary morning meeting.

For me, my first name tomorrow is "go wake up your sweet little soccer star for her game."
    That hack would make for an AWESOME added feature!!!! Should be easy enough for the Wakeful programmers to add a field for Set a Reminder, so you can have your name, AND your reminder.

Incidentally, I am more interested in what today's high will be than the current temperature when I wake up.

I also care more whether the DJIA/S&P is up or down 3% than the specific number.
    Yes that's been suggested, customizable content, hopefully that's coming in future versions. For sure they have mentioned sports scores (that's one I'm looking for), and while they have not mentioned it, I too would like to be able to tweak what the weather reports.
    03-19-11 12:08 AM
    Whenever my alarm alerts it's a beeping alarm. I set the alarm at least 30 mins from the actual time for testing. However when I hit snooze, I hear the personalized message. I have it set for in the morn so I will see what happens. But it's been behaving like this ever since the upgrade.
    Can you email me your log? And just to clarify when the alarm goes off the first time, its just the beeping alarm not the voice?
    03-19-11 05:53 AM

Great points. I find the actual numbers are painful to listen through, but actual percentages may be better.
    03-19-11 05:58 AM
    Ok I will send log. Yes when alarm goes off its just the beep not voice. The voice only comes on when I snooze. Same thing happened this morning.

Can you email me your log? And just to clarify when the alarm goes off the first time, its just the beeping alarm not the voice?
    03-19-11 09:33 AM
    Is it possible to have the weather information based on your current location?
    03-19-11 09:40 AM
    Didn't go off this morning. Had it set for 8am.. Gonna set it for a few hrs from now and see what's up..

03-19-11 09:50 AM
    Didn't go off this morning. Had it set for 8am.. Gonna set it for a few hrs from now and see what's up..

Do you have it set for everyday or JUST weekdays? Remember today is saturday, mine didn't go off either, BUT that was expected because I have it set for weekdays. I like to sleep in on weekends.
    03-19-11 10:48 AM

My alarm did not go off this morning either, and I have it set for everyday. When I do the test alarm feature, I do not get the female voice, only the male voice.
    03-19-11 12:26 PM
926 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD