Woke up and wondered why it didn't read out the news and the weather then I got the email about the new version. Great update!
    08-04-11 02:38 AM
    Woke up and wondered why it didn't read out the news and the weather then I got the email about the new version. Great update!
    Odd it should have still read your news and weather on the old versions...
    08-04-11 06:00 AM
    Update looks fantastic! Although when I tried testing it took an awfully long time to connect to server.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 08:57 AM
    The one feature this app is missing is to have alarm settings for each day. I don't have a m-f, 8-5 job where I have to wake up the same time every day. This would be a sweet addition to this app.
    08-04-11 09:00 AM
    The one feature this app is missing is to have alarm settings for each day. I don't have a m-f, 8-5 job where I have to wake up the same time every day. This would be a sweet addition to this app.
    This is on our list of things to do. It is highly requested, so it will probably be one of the next features we work on.
    08-04-11 01:58 PM
    Odd it should have still read your news and weather on the old versions...
    Not sure what happened then, I just thought that the update messed up the settings. It just greeted me good morning. Things worked fine as the updated state this morning.
    08-05-11 01:09 AM
    Updated and I now receive popup "The Wakeful application requires Bluetooth to be enabled. Enable Bluetooth? Yes or No" if I choose Turn Off or Snooze.
    08-05-11 02:24 PM
    Happens to me too. It says something about the "Wakeful Autostart Service" needing bluetooth. Don't know what that is.
    08-05-11 07:06 PM
    Ok, that's really wierd. I know we added some code to turn Bluetooth on and off when the alarm plays, because a lot of our users were complaining about it coming out of their bluetooth headsets.

Are you guys able to provide a screenshot?
    08-05-11 08:21 PM
    I got that message also when I updated. I turned bluetooth on, even thought I don't use bluetooth, and then I turned it off after one day. Everything still seems to work with BT turned off. I only got that message when I first installed the update. It's never appeared since.
    08-06-11 12:07 AM
    Here is a screen shot of the odd message after the "Turn off" button is pressed.
    08-06-11 07:48 PM
    Thanks for the screenshot. I'm going to talk with our developer today to get a feel for why it's happening.
    08-08-11 06:09 AM
    Here is a screen shot of the odd message after the "Turn off" button is pressed.
    Yep, Your're correct. I get that message every morning when I turn off the alarm.
    08-08-11 06:36 PM
    Hey guys,
    As a side note, you would be surprised at how many apps you have on your device that have BT enabled.
    I went through my list of 3rd party apps and open each "edit permission" window and I had at least five that showed BT enabled.
    None of these apps requires any BT connection.

Good Luck
    08-08-11 08:47 PM
    I too keep getting the bluetooth popup.

08-11-11 08:40 AM
    Can you guys try downloading:
    http://wakeful.com/d2/wakeful.jad

This version should remove all of the Bluetooth stuff and always play out of your speakers.
    08-17-11 01:52 PM
    So I tested it it wrkd the first time, no popup. Then I tested it agn and the alarm didn't go off. Also I can't seem to get the app to close it keeps running even after I close it. Log sent

Edt: it seems like its the log that won't close.
    Last edited by Eddy0090; 08-17-11 at 04:14 PM.
    08-17-11 03:14 PM
    Ok here's the final analysis : once the alarm is set the log is opened and stays open till the alarm goes off. Also u cannot cancel the alarm once its been set. Even after setting it to never it will still go off at the time it was originally set for. But the original issue with the bluetooth has been solved LOL

08-17-11 04:54 PM
    Wierd stuff - Will get our BB developer to evaluate tomorrow.
    08-17-11 05:41 PM
    I think I'm going to pass on this one. The only issue I have is that I have to answer "no" to the blue tooth notification every morning after the alarm goes off. It's such a minor thing I don't even think about it any more.
    08-17-11 09:20 PM
    hey piwh1000 sent u PM. can i get the old version back?
    08-17-11 09:25 PM
    Wow. I've had my complaints about price drops, new updates and new update frequency, but the core functionality has always worked for me from the beginning. V1.1.6.1 works great for me as the early builds did. I have not had any of these problems whatsoever. I wish the rest of you did not either. Glad they are looking into it for you.

**One pet peeve though... They have taken out the ads at the end of the talking alarm and replaced it with the name of the user. Great! The only thing that bothers me is that the name is a bit too close to the end of the sentence. Ex: It sounds like there is no pause after the sentence.. Instead of saying "Have a great day, Brad", it sounds like "Have a great dayBrad".

Maybe a few milliseconds of a pause added between the last sentence and the name at the server level would sound better.

Nice work!!! Keep the updates coming!!!
    08-17-11 10:03 PM
    I'm running this app for about a month or more and never had any problem and always was accurate until this morning @9AM alarm went on and it says 6:45 AM when actual time was 9AM, is anybody got this wrong time also ?
    08-17-11 10:40 PM
    **One pet peeve though... They have taken out the ads at the end of the talking alarm and replaced it with the name of the user. Great! The only thing that bothers me is that the name is a bit too close to the end of the sentence. Ex: It sounds like there is no pause after the sentence.. Instead of saying "Have a great day, Brad", it sounds like "Have a great dayBrad".
    Made some changes on the server. Let me know if this helps at all.
    08-18-11 06:26 AM
    I'm running this app for about a month or more and never had any problem and always was accurate until this morning @9AM alarm went on and it says 6:45 AM when actual time was 9AM, is anybody got this wrong time also ?
    What version are you running?
    08-18-11 06:42 AM
926 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD