05-03-12 08:28 AM
926 12345 ...
tools
    @pezboy - Always need testers. Did you just sign up or sign up earlier today? If you just signed up you may have missed the instructions, but I can PM you.
    I just signed up so I will need the instructions PM'ed to me please. Looking forward to testing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-11 04:02 PM
    @abudi4 Glad you like the application. The application defaults to Wifi but if it isn't enabled it should fallback on TCP, and potentially BIS in some cases. You should be able to set your location by hitting the "Edit location" button on the main screen...

@darkangel07760 I'll PM the download instructions.
    03-14-11 04:03 PM
    I tried creating an account and it's in a constant loop trying to communicate with Server.

I cannot end it. Seems I have to do a batt pull.
    Last edited by tfrankson; 03-14-11 at 04:07 PM.
    03-14-11 04:04 PM
    piwh1000:

I just sent you a two part log, part 1 the upper half, part 2 the lower. Perhaps that will help. I am still getting the server down error, but after I did the ubiquitous reboot, the alarm did activate. Just general, national news and stock stuff, no weather or local info.
    03-14-11 04:05 PM
    Great app!
    Hoping for a volume-control, different voice, and choice of which news stories are relayed. I'm not much of a business fanatic so hearing about dow isn't of interest to me.
    03-14-11 04:08 PM
    @tfrankson Humm... Are you able to hit the BlackBerry menu and see a "View Log" option? If you can could you send me an email with that log?

@blackfeet Odd... Not sure why it would have made a difference after a reboot. It seems like a few people are having issues with the location & weather aspect. We are looking into it.

@kuku25 Thanks for the suggestions! Never even thought about Volume Control.
    03-14-11 04:13 PM
    Just tested it out and it works. I did not get the bright white screen. My back light was off when the alarm went off it did not turn the back light on. This is a cool app but it does need user customization as already mentioned.

The ability to set multiple alarms would be nice. For example: 6:45am M T 7:15 W TH F 8:30 S Su.

This is the first 3rd party alarm app I've tried that would make me use it over the stock alarm. Nice job.

Question: If your servers go down will the alarm notification function still work?
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 03-14-11 at 04:22 PM.
    03-14-11 04:15 PM
    Volume control is a must .. lol

Ive had 2 more alarms set and this is what happened:

First: I changed my info (nobody calls me by my real name, not even my BB) and set the alarm for 10 minutes later .. I got the default alarm from the app.

Second: I set the app for 30 minutes later and I got no sound at all.. I am assuming it is because I got another notification at approx. the same time (voicemail)..

reset for 5:35 .. want to see if my info changed at all.
    03-14-11 04:22 PM
    Volume control is a must .. lol

Ive had 2 more alarms set and this is what happened:

First: I changed my info (nobody calls me by my real name, not even my BB) and set the alarm for 10 minutes later .. I got the default alarm from the app.

Second: I set the app for 30 minutes later and I got no sound at all.. I am assuming it is because I got another notification at approx. the same time (voicemail)..

reset for 5:35 .. want to see if my info changed at all.
    03-14-11 04:23 PM
    Ok this concerns me. I've got emails, BBM's, BerryBuzz Toasts, and other things always popping up on my BB. Will Wakeful still work if these other things are going off at the same time? Hmmm. Much more testing needs to be done before this replaces my stock alarm function.
    03-14-11 04:35 PM
    Ok this concerns me. I've got emails, BBM's, BerryBuzz Toasts, and other things always popping up on my BB. Will Wakeful still work if these other things are going off at the same time? Hmmm. Much more testing needs to be done before this replaces my stock alarm function.
    Thats why we are here ..

Sent logs to developer. No sound on the 5:35 alarm either. also an issue with "logging out" - app still runs in background.

Doing a reboot while Im "logged out" .. see if all clears when I log back in ..
    03-14-11 04:42 PM
    I agree with the requested customizations. I would also like to are the ability to snooze.

I am also not receiving weather info.

This app has GREAT potential!

03-14-11 05:11 PM
    @KoLoNjI @ba_hamilton It should always play a backup "alarm" if it is unable to download. The logout issue is fixed (download latest version from the same URL). Notifications shouldn't affect our application. It should always run.

Anyways, I'll send all of this to our lead developer. We should be able to resolve many of these issues early this week... Thanks for all the feedback so far!!!
    Last edited by piwh1000; 03-14-11 at 05:23 PM.
    03-14-11 05:14 PM
    Running 1.0 on my side. No problems with functionality. Works perfectly and I'm betting that this will be one of my favourite apps!

Just a few suggestions. A nicer UI would be nice and maybe different voices too?

Can I ask where the news comes from?

03-14-11 05:46 PM
    @ryshhh Glad to hear you like the app! In terms of UI design are you just looking for a prettier interface or do you find there is flow problems (aka confusion about how some things work)? Voices are on our list

The news comes from various sources - BBC, Google, CNN, etc... pretty much any of the major players.
    03-14-11 06:14 PM
    Great to see such a prompt reply! Good to hear that voices are on the way!

In terms od the UI, the flow is fine, just looking for something prettier. Not criticizing it, I understand that it's still a work in progress!

Great job so far!!

03-14-11 06:22 PM
    The UI could use some work aesthetically! Just wanted to make sure you thought the flow was good...

Very excited by everyones feedback so far!
    03-14-11 06:53 PM
    I downloaded as soon as the email was sent. The alarm worked well, I did have issues with entering the wrong password and then needing to log out in order to enter the right password. Is there a new version? I'm trying to redownload but it looks like it's still version 1.0.
    03-14-11 06:57 PM
    There is a new version since the email has been sent out, but it only fixes an issue related to logout. The version numbers didn't change.
    03-14-11 07:08 PM
    Tonight I tried testing again and the alarm started to speak, then another notification ring interrupted it to notify I received an e-mail. I expected the alarm to resume after the notification e-mail ring, but it didn't.

Possible suggestion: I would prefer if the app didn't stay visible in the task switcher. The switcher gets crowded and it's an app that I will probably set it and forget it (not needing to regularly go to it with the switcher). Just a thought.
    03-14-11 07:15 PM
    Good news is : everysince I rebooted it has gone off successfully 4 times.

Bad news: I had to log in with a diff email addy.. Wouldnt take the one I originally signed up with.

The flow is fine .. just nice up the aesthetics and that one issue I sent the screenshot about.

Im looking forward to seeing how this app progresses. Really liking it so far!
    03-14-11 07:19 PM
    Tonight I tried testing again and the alarm started to speak, then another notification ring interrupted it to notify I received an e-mail. I expected the alarm to resume after the notification e-mail ring, but it didn't.

Possible suggestion: I would prefer if the app didn't stay visible in the task switcher. The switcher gets crowded and it's an app that I will probably set it and forget it (not needing to regularly go to it with the switcher). Just a thought.
    Agreed on both:

I would like to see Wakeful resume after a notification. I would even be fine if it disabled all audible alerts as it was going off. (until I hit "alarm off")
    03-14-11 07:23 PM
    So by the notification ring, you mean it's just another sound that is being played by one of your other applications? And if that happens at the same instance that Wakeful is playing the alarm it just stops midway?
    03-14-11 07:36 PM
    Got the download link! I shall try it tomorrow morning to see how it is
    03-14-11 07:37 PM
    So by the notification ring, you mean it's just another sound that is being played by one of your other applications? And if that happens at the same instance that Wakeful is playing the alarm it just stops midway?

Yes.. BBs i general cant play 2 sounds at the same time. So if Wakeful is playing, and another alert for emails come in - it will cut Wakeful out and play the email alert.

Now, In BB native media player - the alert will play and media player will "pause" - let the alert play - then resume. This would be ideal for Wakeful to do also..

Hope that helps -- my explanations sound better in person than typed out..
    03-14-11 07:49 PM
926 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD