Thank you so much for this app!! I always dred having to hear my alarm and get up, but now I don't mind waking up with wakeful!! The only complaint I have is I really hate that now there's always an icon showing. It's really annoying on the Torch. When I click on the icon and the notifications pop down there's nothing there! I really don't want to continuesly see a notification icon that does nothing!
    04-03-11 12:29 AM
    Well, its there to let you know you're Wakeful alarm is set.

I guess the next step is to have a notification of the alarm being set on homescreen as an option. Seeing as how this feature was requested almost instantly when beta began.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    andyahs likes this.
    04-03-11 03:18 AM
    Having issues with Wakeful v1.0.7.7
    Storm2 (9550)
    OS 5.0.0.1015
    Verizon

Not working since I installed it. Test alarm works OK.
    Previous version was working OK.

Just not coming on at the set time.

Any suggestions.
    TIA

PS Just sent an email to Wakeful. I'm sure they're overwelmed.
    04-03-11 08:54 AM
    Works perfectly fine on a Curve 3G 9300 running 5.0.0.955. The only thing I'd want to see added is support for multi-alarms. I like to wake up in stages, so sometimes I'll stagger my alarms by 30 mins. Anyhow, awesome app! Everyone I've demonstrated it before has been very impressed. Keep up the good work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 09:04 AM
    Notification icon works, and I love not having to remember to set the alarm! Thanks!
    04-03-11 01:29 PM
    App has been working good on my 9550. I don't have any issues with this app now.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-03-11 06:28 PM
    Alarm has gone off for me two days in a row now. All seems to be working.

Thought of one suggestion: along with the current weather, could we get a short forecast? Something like "20% chance of rain today with a high of 60 degrees".

Otherwise all is great.
    04-03-11 07:17 PM
    after the update (in email saying changing servers).. it is now working like a charm! no problem at all
    04-03-11 07:48 PM
    Having issues with Wakeful v1.0.7.7
    Storm2 (9550)
    OS 5.0.0.1015
    Verizon

Not working since I installed it. Test alarm works OK.
    Previous version was working OK.

Just not coming on at the set time.

Any suggestions.
    TIA

PS Just sent an email to Wakeful. I'm sure they're overwelmed.
    Since it seems I'm the only one having an issue I decided to delete and reinstall.

Tomorrow will be the real test.
    Good Luck
    04-03-11 08:43 PM
    I still cannot get this to work correctly on my Bold 9650. After the alarm finishes speaking, my trackpad ceases to function until I reboot, giving the impression that my phone is "frozen." It's a shame that I cannot use this otherwise fun and useful app.

04-03-11 08:46 PM
    it reminds me Jarvis from ironman............awesome app!!!
    04-03-11 10:37 PM
    Well the alarm went off right on time this morning as it has done for the past three days since I installed v1.0.7.7.

Unfortunately this morning when it went off there was no pop up to either stop the alarm or hit snooze, so I had to do a batter pull to turn it off It was also saying it was Sunday April 3rd instead of Monday April 4th

I did see a pop up that said the Wakeful server was down as the device was resetting.

Log file has been sent
    04-04-11 06:26 AM
    Well the alarm went off right on time this morning as it has done for the past three days since I installed v1.0.7.7.

Unfortunately this morning when it went off there was no pop up to either stop the alarm or hit snooze, so I had to do a batter pull to turn it off It was also saying it was Sunday April 3rd instead of Monday April 4th

I did see a pop up that said the Wakeful server was down as the device was resetting.

Log file has been sent

Same here, went off just fine but there was no pop up to turn it off. Mine said April 1st and was running the april's fool joke. Had to reset as well.
    04-04-11 07:02 AM
    Same for me as Hawk and elmejor.
    04-04-11 07:17 AM
    Yea I got the April Fools joke too. Sounds like the server got reset to a backup. Did we crash it AGAIN! Strangely I did NOT have to reset, BUT did not get the popup either, it just stopped after 1 play.

EDIT: Log sent
    04-04-11 08:29 AM
    Yea I got the April Fools joke too. Sounds like the server got reset to a backup. Did we crash it AGAIN! Strangely I did NOT have to reset, BUT did not get the popup either, it just stopped after 1 play.
    Mine ran through the complete alarm twice and was going for a third run when I got the battery pulled.
    04-04-11 08:47 AM
    Mine worked normal today, with the right date, time, info, etc. The only problem was it snoozed 5 minutes when I closed it. That was at 5:15 EDT.
    04-04-11 08:56 AM
    When I first downloaded, it worked one time. An update came out after that and I installed... and it has not worked since. I've had 2 updates since I got it, and it seems to shut down my native alarm as well.

It definitely doesn't work if you have a native alarm set, even if they are for different times.

It seems that if you have the clock open, Wakeful doesn't work. When I did a QuickPull, my phone turned back on and Wakeful went off with a loud beeping alarm instead of the normal "talk" alarm.

I have uninstalled as it isn't working for me at all. Hopefully it will be running smoother down the road and I'll come back to it.
    04-04-11 09:02 AM
    When I first downloaded, it worked one time. An update came out after that and I installed... and it has not worked since. I've had 2 updates since I got it, and it seems to shut down my native alarm as well.

It definitely doesn't work if you have a native alarm set, even if they are for different times.

It seems that if you have the clock open, Wakeful doesn't work. When I did a QuickPull, my phone turned back on and Wakeful went off with a loud beeping alarm instead of the normal "talk" alarm.

I have uninstalled as it isn't working for me at all. Hopefully it will be running smoother down the road and I'll come back to it.
    This is my same experience too, I have uninstalled it due to these problems. Sometimes it goes off in the morning, sometimes it doesn't. When I press snooze, the snooze alarm never goes off again and I'm sleeping away . also, whenever I would do a battery pull for any reason, when the phone boots the wakeful alarm is making that beeping alarm with a log screen open. This is a neat concept but it needs a LOT of work.
    04-04-11 09:08 AM
    My alarm went off at the correct time, again, this morning but I did not get the pop up screen to turn it off. I went into the program and pressed the 'test alarm' button and that shut it off.

What is this April Fools joke that everyone speaks of? I had the normal alarm message this morning. I did not have my alarm set on April 1 so I don't know what the joke was.

Every since the latest update, Wakeful has gone off everyday at the correct time and this is with the native alarm set. Sometimes I have the native alarm set to go off before Wakeful and sometimes after, but both alarms always go off.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 04-04-11 at 09:21 AM.
    04-04-11 09:13 AM
    Same issue here this morning. No pop-up to turn off or snooze the alarm, and it was telling me it was 5:45PM on April 3rd. I was able to stop it by powering off the phone, but found the phone was locked up, once I powered it back up. Ended up having to do a battery pull.
    04-04-11 10:04 AM
    I've been really hit and miss on this software. I have enough icons at the top of my display I don't really want the wakeful one there too. (please contract a graphic designer before you go live)

I've learned to set mine for 8 PM as I had the same problem with not being able to turn it off without a battery pull. Now I don't rely on it for anything other than to remind me that it's 8 pm.

Did the survey as well and there was mention of using different feeds. I would be interested to trying them out cause the financial information doesn't interest me.
    04-04-11 12:33 PM
    Mines goes off whenever I do a batt pull and it states the incorrect day/time. And I have to press the turn off button twice in order for the alarm to actually stop.
    04-04-11 12:46 PM
    I experienced issues similar to what everyone else described - the alarm went off at the correct time, but played the message from Saturday and there was no way of turning off my alarm, as the pop-up window didn't appear. Had to do a battery pull to get it to stop. I sent my log just now too.

I hope all the feedback helps to stabilize future beta versions of the app, because I really like the idea behind it!
    04-04-11 12:56 PM
    Just a reminder to some of you that this product is still in beta. Beta users get to use the app free, but are also guinea pigs while the bugs get worked out. An extra complication is that Crackberry announced this beta on the blog and it has overwhelmed the developer's servers on numerous occasions. They have since updated their servers and have tried to accomodate everyone who has asked to beta test it. Now, I too have had my share of frustrations with this app, but I think it is now finally close to release. I would never recommend counting on the utility of a beta application (in this case an alarm). The whole point is to test the app out. If you are relying on this alarm solely to wake you up, then I have some swamp land to sell you. If you want an app that is problem free then wait for the final version to come out or purchase something else.

I had the same problem this morning with the alarm going off and no means of turning it off. I used Quicklaunch's reset device and was able to stop it after the reboot. Since this appears to be a fairly universal experience, there is probably some explanation for it.
    pkcable likes this.
    04-04-11 03:16 PM
926 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD