Signed Up, ready to try it out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-11 05:23 AM
    We're just fixing one bug with OS6 and then it will be ready. Hoping for tomorrow! Hang tight everyone...
    03-13-11 09:54 AM
    We're just fixing one bug with OS6 and then it will be ready. Hoping for tomorrow! Hang tight everyone...
    Waiting patiently...lol Looking forward to trying out this app.
    03-13-11 10:05 AM
    Signed and ready to go!
    03-13-11 10:12 AM
    Yeah its deffinetly an awesome idea. Kind of like ironman the movie the computer in the house does something similar. I've always thought that's pretty cool. It would be great if I don't have to check berryweather and what not to get my morning info. I can't wait to test this product

03-13-11 10:53 AM
    @elmejor1009 This is actually sort of where the idea stemmed from. That plus a couple of years waking up to a very annoying alarm clock.

It was actually really interesting because the first day I tested it out at home, was the same day of the earthquake in Japan. I knew a few people out there, so I immediately jumped on Facebook to see if they were all ok. One of my friends had posted a video on Facebook during the earthquake and it actually made it's way onto BBC.
    BBC News - Japan earthquake: New footage of quake impact in Kashima
    03-13-11 07:19 PM
    My brother is over there .. had news of what was happening via twitter (socialscope) and news he was ok before anything surfaced on tv news..

looking forward to testing this app
    03-13-11 07:39 PM
    Hope your brother is ok...
    03-13-11 09:45 PM
    We're really close to having a solution for BB 6.0 OS phones.

Also just uploaded a new video onto YouTube since some people said they couldn't hear anything in our last video:
    03-14-11 12:14 PM
    If your name had been Dave, I would have sworn it was Hal in the BlackBerry.
    03-14-11 02:28 PM
    Everyone - check your inboxes!!! The Beta link was just sent out. Hope you guys like the product. Would love to hear your feedback either here or by email.
    03-14-11 03:10 PM
    Everyone - check your inboxes!!! The Beta link was just sent out. Hope you guys like the product. Would love to hear your feedback either here or by email.
    1st error of the day... "The Wakeful server is down, please try again later."

Downloaded and installed OK (I think) - this is the error I got trying to enter my city.
    03-14-11 03:22 PM
    @Blackfeet: Damn, we tried it on so many phones & carriers. Can you email me your log? If you go to the BlackBerry Menu and click on View log...
    03-14-11 03:25 PM
    I didnt get the error .. but it shows ? ? ? as my city .. so im not sure if it took. Waiting on first alarm at 4:30
    03-14-11 03:27 PM
    Same here when I enter my city it shows ??? Till I click on the menu button and alarm settings then it shows up. Btw does this app support tcp

03-14-11 03:31 PM
    @Blackfeet: Damn, we tried it on so many phones & carriers. Can you email me your log? If you go to the BlackBerry Menu and click on View log...
    Working on it. I do not see a option to send log, do you want me to just copy it and paste it to an email?

Also, when I tried to set an alarm, I got the same server down error. For the record, I am Verizon, and on a BES. Not sure if that would make a difference...
    03-14-11 03:31 PM
    Worked like a charm! Kinda freaked me out .. lol (I didnt watch the vids). First time my phone has called me by name. lol

Couple things:

The screen that comes up for wakeful could be a little more pleasant to look at. I can only imagine what its going to be like looking at that bright white screen first thing in the morning.. whooweee..

Also.. choice of voices? Im kinda partial to my BB sounding like a woman.. LOL

Any options to customize what news you get in the future?

All in all.. I really like where this app is going! Very unique! And something I would use religiously .. Great work!
    03-14-11 03:34 PM
    Works fine on my Torch! Sweet app!

03-14-11 03:34 PM
    Everyone - I want to point out one flaw this beta has! If your BlackBerry runs out of power or turns off, our application does not turn on your BlackBerry back on like the normal BlackBerry alarm application. We are aware of how to solve this and plan on making this top priority. I just want to make sure everyone is aware so no one misses work

@BlackFeet - Yeh, we will add in a way to send the log in a future version. It could be something related to your BES, but we'd need to look at the log. Are you typically able to use other applications on your BlackBerry?

@KoLoNjI - hahaha, kind of freaky eh? All great suggestions. We do plan on allowing users to customize the voices. Originally, we had a female's voice but she had a lot of problems with common words. In the future, we plan on adding a very large API where developers could create any type of custom application. Applications for example could be like Groupon (hear what the deal of the day is), Sport Scores (hear how your favourite NHL team did), or Facebook (hear what your friends are up to).

@HyTrojan: Awesome glad you like the app!
    03-14-11 03:44 PM
    Unfortunately the app doesn't switch your phone on the way the regular BlackBerry alarm does. I keep my phone powered off overnight. They said they will try to have this feature in the future.

03-14-11 03:45 PM
    I signed up for the Beta today. Hopefully you still need testers. Sounds like a great app to help with!

Storm 2 9550 w/ OS .1015.
    03-14-11 03:48 PM
    Works great on my Torch.
    What kind of battery consumption should I expect, as it is always running in the background?
    And a female voice would be more pleasant!
    03-14-11 03:49 PM
    If you guys are seeing "?, ?, ?", it means it doesn't know your location. If you PM your login information I can look in our logs to figure out why your city didn't take.

@pezboy - Always need testers. Did you just sign up or sign up earlier today? If you just signed up you may have missed the instructions, but I can PM you.

@tellsells - The battery consumption will be higher than your standard BlackBerry Alarm. There are definitely lots of optimizations we can and will make this consume less battery. I would still say though this app is currently "fair" in terms of battery consumption.
    03-14-11 03:57 PM
    Hey piwh1000,

Great Application You Have Here, WakeFul is just amazing but can it(wakeful) work on tcp/ip or does it need wifi or bis
    Pm'ed my login info
    03-14-11 03:58 PM
    So I entered my email and confirmed it. What else do I need to do?
    03-14-11 04:01 PM
926 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD